Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

Re: Best place to buy tickets?

Sorry it took so long to respond to on here!

So we called the gift card number yesterday to try and combine the money on all one card...no go. The lady said it was not able to be done. Called the resort and the man said they are only allowed to take 3 cards over the phone?!?! Never heard of that before. Called every Disney store near us, and they all carry nothing under 3 day. Of course grocery stores have them, but they probably won't take the gift cards, just like Red Lobster wouldn't take an Olive Garden card. So I guess we are stuck buying them at the park.
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidowBride View Post
    Sorry it took so long to respond to on here!

So we called the gift card number yesterday to try and combine the money on all one card...no go. The lady said it was not able to be done. Called the resort and the man said they are only allowed to take 3 cards over the phone?!?! Never heard of that before. Called every Disney store near us, and they all carry nothing under 3 day. Of course grocery stores have them, but they probably won't take the gift cards, just like Red Lobster wouldn't take an Olive Garden card. So I guess we are stuck buying them at the park.
    If you're arriving the night before and staying at a hotel, why not just buy the tix the night before?
    I don't know your situation but the ticket booths are open into the night and, if it's really late, you could always buy them somewhere in Downtown Disney. You won't save any money but at least you'll save some time.
    I hope it all works out for you!

• Rock Star Minion

Not sure how many tickets you're buying.

Still:
    1. Call.
    a) buy one parkhopper.
    b) use one gift card.
    c) hang up.
    2. Call.
    a) buy one parkhopper.
    b) use one gift card.
    c) hang up.

etc.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    If you're arriving the night before and staying at a hotel, why not just buy the tix the night before?
    I don't know your situation but the ticket booths are open into the night and, if it's really late, you could always buy them somewhere in Downtown Disney. You won't save any money but at least you'll save some time.
    I hope it all works out for you!
    OMG I feel like such a dork for not thinking of doing this!! We are staying not too far away so we can probably do that!
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Not sure how many tickets you're buying.

Still:
    1. Call.
    a) buy one parkhopper.
    b) use one gift card.
    c) hang up.
    2. Call.
    a) buy one parkhopper.
    b) use one gift card.
    c) hang up.

etc.
    Well, I'm only buying 2 tickets, but I still want to use all 4 gift cards since that is going to save us a lot of $$. So I guess if they only take 3 cards over the phone, my husband could call and buy his ticket with 2 and then I could call and buy mine with the other 2.

Next Trip:
    ???

• Under that tree again!

I think someone mentioned this. Call the number on the back of the card and get the value of your cards transferred to a single card.

I'm not sure if Cosco has a ticket deal right now, but if so, find one you can swing buy. The membership cost, is refundable, no questions asked.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Dont make me unfriend you

You could save one or two gift cards for buying food and what not in the park... Use three cards to buy tickets, one gift card for popcorn and churros.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• Rock Star Minion

Yeah, you'll need the gift cards for other purchases. No need to use them all on tickets.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I think someone mentioned this. Call the number on the back of the card and get the value of your cards transferred to a single card.
    It was mentioned and the poster mentioned at post #16 that they wouldn't do it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Yeah, you'll need the gift cards for other purchases. No need to use them all on tickets.
    Well The tickets would cost more for us, then other purchases. We usually don't buy much anyway, besides food and when we only go a a short trip, we find the cheaper options lol I mean I suppose we could save some, but the gift cards are only covering half of the total ticket price, so we are still having to pay out of pocket for the tickets.

Next Trip:
    ???

• Rock Star Minion

You'll eventually use them up. They have no expiration date.
    Do what you have to do, though. Your idea of calling and using two gift cards per ticket should work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12