View Poll Results: Which of these prices would make you stop going?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • $200-$300 per day

39 67.24%
  • $300-$500 per day

6 10.34%
  • $500 Lowest Price AP

8 13.79%
  • $1000 Lowest Price AP

5 8.62%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: At what point will Disneyland cost more than it is worth?

afford and what it is worth... two different issues for me
    I would not have a pass this year if not for a very good friend
    the economy has not been kind and it is not getting better.....
    but, when I look at the attractions, the environment, the cast (costume, training...), the entertainments....
    It is worth an awful lot....

the problem for me will be matched when, to keep the cost of admission down, the park becomes so full that you can't walk, you stand in line for every little thing (like a a diet coke or a visit to the Ladies) and each attraction has a standby line over an hour....
    As pricey as the tickets and passes become, a lot of the "entertainment" goes out of it standing in line for hours, to often with people whose idea of manners was learned watching survivor...

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by GwenRowan View Post
    afford and what it is worth... two different issues for me
    I would not have a pass this year if not for a very good friend
    the economy has not been kind and it is not getting better.....
    but, when I look at the attractions, the environment, the cast (costume, training...), the entertainments....
    It is worth an awful lot....

the problem for me will be matched when, to keep the cost of admission down, the park becomes so full that you can't walk, you stand in line for every little thing (like a a diet coke or a visit to the Ladies) and each attraction has a standby line over an hour....
    As pricey as the tickets and passes become, a lot of the "entertainment" goes out of it standing in line for hours, to often with people whose idea of manners was learned watching survivor...
    Hasn't it already reached this point?

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Since it will have been at least 3 to 4 years before we return, the answer is "now".

Exactly. An option needs to be added: >$90 per day.

I actually like some aspects of Fastpass+. I used my Magic Band at WDW in January and it worked except for not unlocking my room. I think if the bugs were all fixed it would be great however I think it was an extremely expensive project. That money could have been put to better use.

As for the cost of admission I am paying $979 for the Premier Pass which is expensive but it pays for itself if you visit WDW and DL enough. I do Run Disney races and that is the only reason I have a pass. The race fees have gotten out of control as well as the resort rates and airline tickets. I am about at my breaking point now. I run for a little boy who has Leukemia but I am not sure if I am going to be able to race in 2015 for him due to the cost.

afford and worth?
    certainly worth it

the crowds? avoidable to a great part with the pass
    we can come back, so when the lines become super long, we just walk and enjoy the ambiance
    or
    plan another day

we joke about offering a pass for people who clear out when it gets crowded ;-)
    though, we have gone on holidays, another nice thing about the pass, anything you can't do today you get to next time ;-)
    still amazes me it stays "new"
    but then, they update things often and, who can beat walking down the sidewalk and finding you are walking next to Captain Hook....

where is the "none of the above" option?
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Disney's Economists probably already have a good idea.

I would be up for paying a few hundred a ticket for a restricted admission day. Block out APs, and then limit tickets to...? and then charge the premium for a long day of short rides and the full experience of parades & fantasmic, etc. That's kind of a more interesting poll, how much would you pay for a day of no more than 10 minute waits? (I know these happen periodically on rainy, off season days, but it might be cool for us out-of-staters to be able to plan for such an event.)
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    I would be up for paying a few hundred a ticket for a restricted admission day. Block out APs, and then limit tickets to...? and then charge the premium for a long day of short rides and the full experience of parades & fantasmic, etc. That's kind of a more interesting poll, how much would you pay for a day of no more than 10 minute waits? (I know these happen periodically on rainy, off season days, but it might be cool for us out-of-staters to be able to plan for such an event.)
    It just can't see that happening because too many uninformed tourists would show up on their x numbered day planned trip with pre-purchased tickets only to realize that they can't get into the park that day. Disney won't upset anyone like that. You can expect early closures for hard ticketed events, but I just can't see them closing either park for a day anymore unless someone has very deep pockets to pay for the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It just can't see that happening because too many uninformed tourists would show up on their x numbered day planned trip with pre-purchased tickets only to realize that they can't get into the park that day. Disney won't upset anyone like that. You can expect early closures for hard ticketed events, but I just can't see them closing either park for a day anymore unless someone has very deep pockets to pay for the privilege.
    I know it's something that would probably never happen, but if it did, I would imagine that it would have to be a thing planned far in advance, with Disney making a big deal out of it. They would have to figure out a way to prominently include it in their ticket purchasing system, especially making note about a 'block out' date on multi-days (and giving the option of including the cost during purchase of the multi-day during that time period). Maybe making it an regular, publicized event would take care that there's no confusion (if it was successful).
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Oh, yes. I'd pay quite a bit more for this. Up to $150 a day, single park.

The word "worth" is subjective. It could already been well beyond what someone feels is worth going today. Others might find it very reasonable at current prices and be willing to pay more for sometime.

It's all relative - if the cost of hotels, airfare etc stay the same and the cost for Disneyland goes up 50% then that is very telling. However, the cost of everything is creeping up as time marches on.

Right now it is not just the cost of the tickets or the APs as like some who visit we have to fly there (or drive for 20 hours), we have to stay in a hotel and rent a car etc. so the cost to the ticket can get buried in all of that.

I think if people are able to shell out $500+ to stay in some of the onsite rooms - Disney has plenty of wiggle room left in it's pricing!!

• Donald's #1 Fan

Yep. Last November I wanted to surprise my wife by staying at the Grand Californian.

$900 PER NIGHT.

I've known a few hotels worthy of that amount. The GC is nowhere near them.

There is no one answer to this question since it will vary by person, for me personally its becoming close to no longer being worth what they are charging, I'll still go, but I cut my trips by quite a lot now, and I stay 2 days vs the 4 and 5 I used to stay. I also find no value in any of the Disney hotels, all are over priced for what they are offering.

But I also understand I am not the consumer Disney is trying to attract, I am cheap to a point, other then admission to get in, I spend not one penny inside the parks, I take a 1 hour lunch break and go to Denny's or IHOP, so I can't expect them to have pricing in such a way I see a value for the money.

Probably doesn't help my income never rises, my wage today is the same as it was in 2004, so considering everything under the sun as gone up a good amount, Disney is no longer perceived by me as a value for the money spent.

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    Yep. Last November I wanted to surprise my wife by staying at the Grand Californian.

$900 PER NIGHT.

I've known a few hotels worthy of that amount. The GC is nowhere near them.
    I agree, I felt it wasn't worth the 149 or somewhere around there I paid in 2010, but its certainly not worth the 500+ a night I've seen them selling for.

• Fowler'sINN

Quote Originally Posted by mlggator View Post
    For annual passes, I'll pay a lot. Individual tickets, I would probably not pay more than $150 a piece.

I, too, am very worried about FP+ coming to DLR. What makes it worth it to me, is that I can use 4 to 5 fast passes a day to ride the rides that I want to ride. Then coming for the day is worth the cost. We don't really like shows or parades, and I don't want someone telling me that I can't ride as many rides, but why don't you take in these great shows? Nah.

If they severely restrict my ability to ride the rides I like, then it won't be worth the money.
    I agree

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast