View Poll Results: Which of these prices would make you stop going?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • $200-$300 per day

39 67.24%
  • $300-$500 per day

6 10.34%
  • $500 Lowest Price AP

8 13.79%
  • $1000 Lowest Price AP

5 8.62%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Rock Star Minion

Re: At what point will Disneyland cost more than it is worth?

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    I've been a loyal Disneyland fan for many years and it makes me a bit sad that the parks have reached levels of cost that simply makes it no longer affordable to our family. For many years we have had annual passes and would go to the parks at least once or twice a month. We would always buy food and snacks in the park and the occasional collectible. Last year our passes expired and after sitting down and doing the math we realized that the cost to go to the parks just doesn't justify the amount of money we spend there anymore. Besides the cost the overall park experience has declined as well. Long gone are the slow off season days when we would just walk right on most attractions. Doesn't seem to matter what time of year you go now it's always pretty crowded.

I know some of you are die hard Disney fans and I have some friends that fall into this category. You will pay whatever price Disney tells you to pay no matter what. What about the rest of you? What price level will be your honest breaking point?
    $60 for a one-day parkhopper.
    Oh, I'm already priced out!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

When you have some people paying as little as $2.00 a day to gain entry while others are paying 50 times that ...........oh wait, is that point already here
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    When they bring FP+ to DLR.
    Bwahaha, exactly!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Former Churro Jockey

Well, I gave up my AP last year so for me, they're at that point, but it's a combination of the high prices with the rides not being maintained as well and also with the massive crowds. If they kept the prices where they were and properly maintained the rides and somehow managed to make the crowds smaller, then it would be worth it again.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Senior Minion

The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

When you think its not worth the cost, is the point where it costs more than its worth.

Its a personal decision
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• secure all cargo

Like others, we haven't had passes for a while now, maybe since 2008 or 9. I bought my first pass in 1994 I think, premium was only $200 which even then was an incredible deal. The premiums were still $200 when DCA came and was an attendance disaster, so when they added that park for free to our premiums we were really loving it. I think once they started increasing the prices from there we never went back to premiums, at first opting for something with blackout days. Later we actually skipped every other year, which made it all the more easier to finally just say no, and we haven't returned to annuals since.

Now we have Knott's Berry Farm annual passes. It's not Disneyland for sure, but my family and I still have a great time which makes the $80-something price (no blackout days plus a merchandise and food discount) completely worth it.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

My family "pulled the plug" on APs 2 years ago when the Premium went up to $679 a year. The daily price now is about the limit of what I am willing to pay for the rare trip.

The only thing that is allowing my trips to Disneyland is the monthly payment options for the Annual Passport. If they do get ride of the payment play, then my visit will be limited. I do only live 99 miles from the park.

It's already happened for me. I went from going once a year, to once every 2-3 and this last trip was the first in 5 years! It's harder to get friends and family to go as well. My sister used to make it an annual trip down from central Cali with the kids but that has thinned out extensively as well.

We also didn't spend as much when there either. We grabbed breakfast burritos beforehand at Alerto's (tasty!) where it used to be a tradition in New Orleans square. Not a single souvenir purchased (do sour balls count?).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123