Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face After 5 years, returning to Disneyland :) Questions inside!

So, Next Sunday on March 2nd I will finally be returning to Disneyland after a 5 year absence from the parks. For a Disney nut like me it's been torture.

Just curious on what advice I can have during my one day visit to Disneyland. I picked This day because my friend whom im going with can only have specific days of and this lands on one of them, and most of the rides I care about will be open on this day before refurbishment hits them. Also, Fantasmic .

So just a couple of questions I have regarding my trip since im rusty at this.

1. Crowd levels next sunday....predictions?

2. Have the crowds died down for the reboot of Star Tours or is it at Radiator Springs level of craziness when it comes to line waits? Does this ride have a fastpass?

3. Are fastpass times being enforced now or are they still lenient on return times?

4. The Disney Store near me doesn't seem to sell single day tickets only pass hoppers and multi-day tickets. I just want a one day Disneyland ticket but don't want to waste time in the morning at the ticket booths. What are my other options? How does buying tickets from Disneyland.com work?

5. What time can I get into the park for rope drop? And what is open during that time? It would be nice to have breakfast at main street before ropedrop.

6. There are usually 2 showings for Fantasmic right? Which show is recommended to watch? 9:00 or 10:30 and why?

7. I heard there is a easter egg outside of Indiana Jones, a Mickey Sorcerer hat somewhere on top of the temple. If so, anyone know where exactly? Pictures please? haha .

8. Is it known if we can bring in food into shows like Mickey and the magical map? Like if I grabbed a burger meal at tomorrow land and want to eat it while watching the show? Or is only finger food allowed like popcorn or a soda?

9. Locations of the hidden restrooms? =]

That should be about it for now. Any help would be appreciated =]

Re: After 5 years, returning to Disneyland :) Questions inside!

Both Racers and Star Tours have Fast Passes but beware that Racer FP will be gone usually within the first hour of DCA opening. If you are staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel, I definitely recommend trying to get there for Magic Morning and just waiting in Standby as it is much more manageable. As for Star Tours, its popularity has dropped off a little and on slower days you can still find a FP at around 4 or 5 in the afternoon. As well, yes they are now strictly enforcing the FP return time rule, no exceptions.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock128 View Post
    So, Next Sunday on March 2nd I will finally be returning to Disneyland after a 5 year absence from the parks. For a Disney nut like me it's been torture.

Just curious on what advice I can have during my one day visit to Disneyland. I picked This day because my friend whom im going with can only have specific days of and this lands on one of them, and most of the rides I care about will be open on this day before refurbishment hits them. Also, Fantasmic .

2. Have the crowds died down for the reboot of Star Tours or is it at Radiator Springs level of craziness when it comes to line waits? Does this ride have a fastpass?

3. Are fastpass times being enforced now or are they still lenient on return times?

4. The Disney Store near me doesn't seem to sell single day tickets only pass hoppers and multi-day tickets. I just want a one day Disneyland ticket but don't want to waste time in the morning at the ticket booths. What are my other options? How does buying tickets from Disneyland.com work?

5. What time can I get into the park for rope drop? And what is open during that time? It would be nice to have breakfast at main street before ropedrop.

6. There are usually 2 showings for Fantasmic right? Which show is recommended to watch? 9:00 or 10:30 and why?

7. I heard there is a easter egg outside of Indiana Jones, a Mickey Sorcerer hat somewhere on top of the temple. If so, anyone know where exactly? Pictures please? haha .

8. Is it known if we can bring in food into shows like Mickey and the magical map? Like if I grabbed a burger meal at tomorrow land and want to eat it while watching the show? Or is only finger food allowed like popcorn or a soda?

I've found that
    Disneyland Crowd Forecast Calendar | Is It Packed? - Real-Time Crowd Tracking - IsItPacked.com
    has a pretty good prediction of crowd levels. They were a little off about last weekend, but I don't think they accounted for Dapper Day.

Also, my experience with purchasing on Disneyland.com was pretty good. You get a voucher you can either print off at home and bring or use your mobile phone - at least, when I went almost 5 years ago that was the process. I can only imagine if it isn't the same, it's gotten better...?

I personally always recommend getting to the park 40-50 minutes before park opening and look for the shortest line. When they open the turn-styles, they will open every.single.one so just because everyone is lined up in the middle, check.

Those are the answers I have because I've been park stalking for the last couple of weeks since I booked my trip for May. Have a fabulously magical time!

PS: I always recommend RideMax to anyone who will listen for great tips and tricks as well as the best way to shorten any wait time... highly recommended if you only have one day!
    Last edited by campgeek; 02-23-2014 at 11:38 PM.
    ~Amber

• The doctor is in

isitpacked.com has it listed as "yup, it's packed." For a weekend after a "ghost town" week I would think it should be decent, though.

Star Tours will still have at least a 35-40min wait if not more. RSR expect to be in line at least 60-90min. When I visited a couple weeks ago RSR was at a 75min wait by the time mid-afternoon came along. Both rides have a FP, but you need to be in line for the RSR FP right at opening because they're usually all gone within the first 30-40min of the park being open. In my experience it's just easier to run straight to RSR first thing and hop in the standby line. I did that and only waited a half hour.

FP times are being enforced. If you show up late the CMs will tell you to get in the standby line.

I bought my tickets at the ticket booth the afternoon before I was set to visit and was able to walk right up and buy them with no wait. I would assume buying them from the website is just like anything else. Select the tickets you want to purchase, go through the steps, and print your ticket at home.

Can't answer that one, sorry. I think from what I have seen before, people say a half hour but I'm not positive.

I like doing the second showing when possible because it's less crowded. If you do the first one try and get an outside table at the River Belle and watch the show and fireworks from there. It avoids having to stand the whole time. You can do this for the second show, too.

Never seen it.

As far as I'm aware you can bring food into Mickey and the Magical Map. I saw people buying food at the Troubadour and bringing it in. It's not the same type of venue as the Aladdin show or Muppets theater. It's outdoor with metal bleachers. Just make sure you don't leave your trash in there.

There is a thread about hidden restrooms.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

ROPE DROP

They now take your photograph before entering the park. Not sure if that will happen with a single day. Anyhow, you will be in line with folks being photographed. As a result, the gates will open early on Sunday to a main street rope drop, as Sunday does not have the letter T. In my dec visit, walking into the park rope drop was 40 mins before opening of the park

Hidden restrooms

what does that mean?

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by laferney Road kid View Post
    ROPE DROP

They now take your photograph before entering the park. Not sure if that will happen with a single day.
    As far as I am aware, you only get your picture taken for passes that are 3 days or more. Single day guests don't need their pictures taken.

Unfortunately, there isn't a separate line for those who don't need pictures taken or checked so you'll have to just be patient and wait.

We had two-day park hoppers and they took our pictures on the first day at the park.

1. Sundays are ALWAYS crowded even in off season - avoid if all possible. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays are less crowded days (off season).

2. Gotten worse since they have 5 major rides in refurb right now (Small World, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Subs and DL Railroad). Save youself a lot of time and use the Single Rider lines when all possible - especially for Raditor Springs.

4. Save yourself time and time and buy your tickets before you arrive. But tickets directly on Disneyland.com

5. If the park is listed to open say at 9 AM that is the rope drop time, but they let you into Main Street (to shop, get a locker, etc.) an hour before.

6. If there is a second showing of any Disney show, the later one will always be less crowded.

• Another turkey leg please

I've always bought tickets at Disneyland.com; they'll email you the tickets and you just print them for use at the gate.

Buying from Disneyland.com seems pretty hassle free. Just print out the tickets and bring them to the turnstiles correct? Anything to avoid the ticket booth lines.

And since I don't know when ill be able to come back im just getting a single day ticket to disneyland. DCA and Radiator Springs can wait for another trip.

Although I will admit I am getting a tad worried about my trip this upcoming Sunday. Crowds don't really bother me as much as bad weather does. I hope it doesn't rain .

• The doctor is in

Speaking from experience that I had a few weeks back, the rain is a great time to be in the park. Honestly, I would purposely go in the rain to experience the crowd level again. People leave, locals tend to stay away because they can easily come back on a nicer day, and I found very few rides actually shut down. Just bring a rain poncho with you and enjoy it.

Thet fastpass times are being enforced. However, if you are only 5-15 minutes late or explain to them that you have a dinner reserrvation or another fastpass at the same time, they will let you through. Source: My brother is a cast member. Also, from personal experience.

• Mistress of Evil

1. Crowd levels next sunday....predictions? Very Busy

2. Have the crowds died down for the reboot of Star Tours or is it at Radiator Springs level of craziness when it comes to line waits? Does this ride have a fastpass? The craziness has more to do with Cars Land than ST. RSR does have a FP by BugsLand...they usually run out within 2 hours of the park opening, so grab a FP first thing.

3. Are fastpass times being enforced now or are they still lenient on return times? Strictly enforced...If you arrive after your time, it is at the CM's discretion whether or not to let you ride.

4. The Disney Store near me doesn't seem to sell single day tickets only pass hoppers and multi-day tickets. I just want a one day Disneyland ticket but don't want to waste time in the morning at the ticket booths. What are my other options? How does buying tickets from Disneyland.com work? Purchase a Park Hopper online through Disneyland and take it directly to the turnstile the morning of your visit. They will exchange the voucher for a cardstock ticket.

5. What time can I get into the park for rope drop? And what is open during that time? It would be nice to have breakfast at main street before ropedrop. If one of your goals is to get a FP for RSR, you should start in DCA. They allow guests in about 30 minutes prior to Rope Drop...not one hour like a PP suggested. If your group is over 7 yo, you can skip the FP and just use the single rider line instead.

6. There are usually 2 showings for Fantasmic right? Which show is recommended to watch? 9:00 or 10:30 and why? The 10:30 one because you don't have to hold a decent spot for hours.

8. Is it known if we can bring in food into shows like Mickey and the magical map? Like if I grabbed a burger meal at tomorrow land and want to eat it while watching the show? Or is only finger food allowed like popcorn or a soda? I have no idea...

9. Locations of the hidden restrooms? =] I believe it is gone now due to the Fantasy Faire addition.

Hope that helps...

Oh new question!

Anyone know if most of the cashiers at Disneyland Accept debit/credit cards instead of cash? Even the ones outside serving popcorn and ice cream? And the lockers too. Id like to carry the least amount of cash around possible =].

(and do they charge a fee for using card?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast