Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Best Time for Frozen

I keep reading off forums that the Frozen meet and greet is getting bad with wait times of 1 hour to 2 hours to even 3-6 hours. The meet time is 11AM to 4:30PM everyday.

So then what is the best time to go to this meet and greet where you won't be in long all day long? I know there are always long lines but come on now never seen long lines like this before.

• Queen Elsa

Re: Best Time for Frozen

From what I hear last night cause I was there people start lining up to see them when the gates open even thou the meet and greet don't open tell 11am so the only way to see them is when Disneyland opens or it will be long all day until they close the line at 4:30\

• #bringevilback

It typically will be 90-120 minutes. If they open at 10, a good strategy is to go straight there, since it will only be a one hour wait, but if they open at 8 or 9 you are already waiting 2-3 hours until they even start meeting. The 3-6 hour waits are for them in Epcot...

• A Suitcase & A Dream

They really should have them at DCA as well to help break up the crowds. I'm glad I saw them before the movie came out.

• formerly very helpful

If they are so popular, why limit the time? They could conceivably start at rope drop, and continue into the evening. It is ndoors, so weather really wouldn't be much of an issue.

My daughter and I had good luck going between 1 and 2 in the afternoon. The line was still long, but we only waited an hour.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Heck! Even an hour long wait's too long fer this witch! I'd be all thawed out by the time I met up with them two gals. Yer best ta stay home an cool yer heels in the freezer!!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    If they are so popular, why limit the time? They could conceivably start at rope drop, and continue into the evening. It is ndoors, so weather really wouldn't be much of an issue.
    Or they could take a page from the way Santa visits were done in A Christmas Story and shuffle the kids through as fast as possible... Better yet get card board cutouts for the dopey moms that want to talk to them and that alone would speed up the process considerably.

The part I find most humorous about the typical meet and greet is the amount of time the character spend with the kids... it seems to be inversely related to the ability of the kid to remember anything that is going on... a young kid that is likely to forget even meeting the character 30 minutes after they leave will often get 10 minutes where an older kid that will remember will be shuffled through as quickly as possible - I never have understood how that seems to happen.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    They really should have them at DCA as well to help break up the crowds. I'm glad I saw them before the movie came out.
    There is nowhere that they thematically fit in CA Adventure. If they were really that concerned about crowds, they could have them as walk-around characters in a different part of Fantasyland as well.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disneyland PAP

Here's my three-hour experience from last Friday morning.

I got in line for friends at 10am, with the line already about a third to almost half full. When 11am rolled around, the door into the chalet didn't actually open until closer to 11:15a. I reached the umbrella, which is where the final stretch of the line before you enter is, at 12:45p. My friends returned with their children and assumed they'd be inside in another 15 minutes.

It took nearly 30 minutes.

Clearly, they aren't rushing guests through when they meet Anna & Elsa, so that's a significant variable in how quickly or not the queue moves.

But doing the math, our total time in line was 3 hours and 15 minutes, with 1 hour and 15 minutes of that waiting before it officially opened.

I know I didn't answer the OP's question. Sorry. Frankly, I'm still in shock that the line took that look for us. And by the time we finished, the line extended towards the Village Haus entrance. And those folks would likely be in line into the 4 hour wait time imo at least. If they have this meet and greet during the week, maybe going on a Wednesday morning might lead to shorter lines...?

• Queen Elsa

When I was there Sunday I got to DLand really late cause the freeway was bumper to bumper and then when got to the park trying to fine a place to park. Anyways when I got to the Meet and greet for Anna & Queen Elsa it was 4pm only 30 mins left before they close the line. I was by the trash can by the restaunt and the CM said that from where I was was a 2:15 wait. But by the time I got up to the front to go in it was no more then an hour and 10 mins. I always look at my watch when I'm in line. There where young aldut around 20 I would say dress up as some of the characters in front of me and also in back of me. The ones in front where dress as Elsa in her coranaiton dress and Kristoff and the ones behind me where dress as Elsa in Coranaiton dress 2 of them where dress as Anna one in coranation and winter dress and the one guy with them was Hans. So with them dress up that as makes the wait in line long when they go in to see the real Anna & Elsa. Plus there is me heehee they love my shirt and the buttons I had on well Elsa did at less Anna like it but not as much. So yeah it does take a wild to meet them and also inbetween times in line they close the doors when they change the characters around I believe they change them every 45 mins or so. Here is some photos with them on Sunday with me.

These are some of them when they where leaving for the night.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

The best time to go for "Frozen" is when it rains, which is rumored to be tomorrow and Friday. I am going to see if this is true tomorrow and Friday!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    There is nowhere that they thematically fit in CA Adventure. If they were really that concerned about crowds, they could have them as walk-around characters in a different part of Fantasyland as well.
    They would be be totally mobbed. There is no way they could be anywhere except a designated meet area at this point. Have you ever seen them walk from backstage...they are swarmed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    The best time to go for "Frozen" is when it rains, which is rumored to be tomorrow and Friday. I am going to see if this is true tomorrow and Friday!
    You are probably right, since the line is all outdoors and uncovered! Just FYI, forecasts are now saying rain Thursday/Friday, not Wed/Fri

I think a possible solution is to make two separate lines for Elsa and Anna if they have the room. It is a 2 for 1 meet and greet as it is now and I think it would go faster if the line was split up, but then again that comes at the price of losing the "sister" interaction between the two that was so prominent in the movie.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
    I keep reading off forums that the Frozen meet and greet is getting bad with wait times of 1 hour to 2 hours to even 3-6 hours.

I don't get it.

Long, long waits to see CMs in a costume?

A brand new high-tech attraction with brand new technology the world has never seen before ... that I would think generates long lines. Like Indy did in 1995.

Not a CM limited to a few giggly lines. (Too 1-dimensional for me!)

Time to run ..............

Don't worry gang ... I think I understand - Different strokes for different folks.

I just worry that the DLR will see more meet & greets in the future ... as Disney scales back on innovative high-tech attractions.

I don't pay high prices for one large Character Meet.

And before anyone gets the wrong idea .... I am trying to be tongue and cheek here.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 02-25-2014 at 07:30 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast