Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: A Mighty Big Flaw in the Indiana Jones Single Rider

It's Disney's fault, with guests exposing the flaw by cheating the queue system. It's easy for the single riders to end up skipping the elevator if they don't know what they're doing. It's not exactly clear what you're supposed to do considering you just join the normal line after the projection room.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post

This is a very small fix: simply navigate the SR's up the rest of the exit path to the elevator (there would be a new line for this), like California Screamin'. These two attractions basically have the same configuration in terms of the SR layout.
    They tried that a couple of years ago. Didn't last long though.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    I disagree... Disney is as much to blame as the guests and in some way more to blame.

Disney is the one that came up with the rules, yet they seem to be unconcerned with enforcing those rules...
    I agree. I remember in the "good old days" Disney Security would magically appear if people were cutting in line or getting a little too rowdy in the evening.

Disney has cameras everywhere. The fact that a group of people tried to do this means people know about it and Disney should know about it.

Obviously people should not be cutting in line, but with Disney's record profits, higher crowds, and higher admission prices, I think this is just as insightful into Disney Management priorities as it is the Decline of Western Civilization.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Once again, the problem isn't Disney, but the park guests failure to respect the rules. Do we even deserve Disneyland?
    I disagree. As many have pointed out, it is a shared responsibility, though not shared equally. Disney appears to expend precious little effort in enforcing their line-cutting rules, therefore people attempt it with greater frequency. Strict enforcement would all but eliminate this problem. The lion's share of the blame, IMO, can be squarely laid at the feet of Park policy.

• Disney Fanatic

I think Disney AND the guests are to blame, as stated above.
    I, as someone who was raised with common courtesy and respect, would never line jump. Even if I saw others doing so. But that's because I have respect for those around me and understand that, yeah, it sucks to wait in line, but it's part of going to the park.
    However, there's one in every crowd. You're going to get the people that simply do not care and will do anything to get ahead. Doesn't just happen in Disneyland.
    But I do agree that if there was some enforcement put into place, it would show that there are consequences for negative actions. Perhaps people would be less inclined to behave that way.
    But if nothing happens, I don't blame the absent-minded 14 year olds who feel they can get away with it. Well, because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffsJess View Post
    I think Disney AND the guests are to blame, as stated above.
    I, as someone who was raised with common courtesy and respect, would never line jump. Even if I saw others doing so. But that's because I have respect for those around me and understand that, yeah, it sucks to wait in line, but it's part of going to the park.
    However, there's one in every crowd. You're going to get the people that simply do not care and will do anything to get ahead. Doesn't just happen in Disneyland.
    But I do agree that if there was some enforcement put into place, it would show that there are consequences for negative actions. Perhaps people would be less inclined to behave that way.
    But if nothing happens, I don't blame the absent-minded 14 year olds who feel they can get away with it. Well, because they can.
    And while you might hold out for a long time... Even you will eventually reach a point where you will go ahead and start jumping lines too. I might night not be when 1% of the people do it... it might not be when 10% of the people do it... but at some point the numbers doing it will result in even the best of us saying, "if everyone else is why not me" and everyone will do it.

I disagree with the statement, "If everyone else is, why not me?" Some of us still have morals and values and we will not succumb to peer pressure to cut the lines just because everyone else is.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    And while you might hold out for a long time... Even you will eventually reach a point where you will go ahead and start jumping lines too. I might night not be when 1% of the people do it... it might not be when 10% of the people do it... but at some point the numbers doing it will result in even the best of us saying, "if everyone else is why not me" and everyone will do it.
    Is this an admission?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things. The line cutting is really getting out of control. There have been a few trips I've gone on where a large group of people try to pass our group trying to "catch up with their group" and we just refuse to move. Too bad buddy. Now if it's a parent and a small child or two small children who are clearly trying to catch up to the rest of their family, that's one thing. But when 15 rowdy teenagers are trying to push past... no.
    So if it's a parent with a child they are obviously not cutting? I wouldn't be so sure...
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    No. The problem is immature jerks with no respect for the rules and/or how their actions are negatively impacting the experience of other guests. Blithely ignoring that others are bypassing the line, getting on the ride sooner and making all of the other guests wait longer is not 'lightening up'. Grow up, it's supposed to be the happiest place on Earth for all guests.
    I agree. To me this feels like the same group of guests who were violating policies with the GAC and we all saw what happened when that went viral and Disney introduced the DAS system. Making one person in line "happy" at the Happiest Place on Earth isn't going to make the hundred plus other people in line "happy".
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    So if it's a parent with a child they are obviously not cutting? I wouldn't be so sure...
    When I've been exceptionally pissy I've been known to ask them (if it's a confined line) to have the people waiting for them wave. Frankly, if noone is willing to speak up for them and they're in an area that's confined and there's an exposed block ahead that they could just as easily have jumped in on, my assumption is that they're cutting their way up until satisfied with their improved position. If there's someone actually ahead waiting for them, no problem, step right on by. Most of DL/DCA's lines are constructed with a 'point of no return' break in the solid line structures used when the ride's at zero wait. Most of those breaks are within minutes if not seconds of the boarding point. If your party has progressed past that point, you aren't going to catch them in time by plowing through the entire line to get there.

It does irritate me to a degree that my initial response in the same situation is to have the person I'm trying to reach pull over to the side and wait for me to reach them rather than expect everyone already ahead of me in line to pull over and let me through. But that's a personal thing.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

I must be waiting in the wrong lines or something, because people pushing through a line to "get up with their group" happens once a day, maybe twice. And if it's split 50-50 between legitimate catching up and line-cutting, that means once every other visit to DLR results in someone cutting in front of me in line. Much ado about nothing!

Don't get me wrong, I don't like line-cutters and would gladly accept new DLR rules that say, you are not allowed to move forward in a line, but that your party ahead of you must let people pass until you reach them. And fixing any easy cuts as stated in the OP.

But honestly, is this really a moral and ethical tragedy? Is this really a peer pressure issue, similar to people trying to coerce their friends into drugs, alcohol or sex?

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Is this an admission?
    No, just a fact. Regardless of how high your morals are you will eventually be going with the flow when it reaches a critical mass... as at some point doing the right thing would mean NEVER getting to ride any ride as you would continually find others jumping line in front of you and you would never get to ride.

I'm not ready to jump on the band wagon yet... but if they allow the jumping to continue unabated that may eventually change.

• always, the freaky cat

Last time I rode Indy, I got a single rider pass and at the projection room, found myself merged into the standby line. I thought it was a mistake by the cast member who directed me there. Based on the origional post, I guess that's just how it's done these days. I was never asked to show my single rider pass at the load platform. In fact, that pass is probably in a drawer somewhere at home...

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    You know what I mean. People can generally tell the difference between someone trying to get ahead and someone genuinely trying to catch up to someone. That's what I was referring to. The ones that clearly, the kid had to use the bathroom or something & had to exit. Is it fair that they get back in line, not necessarily, but it doesn't irk me the way it does when someone is just clearly trying to get ahead.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast