Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: A Mighty Big Flaw in the Indiana Jones Single Rider

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    Last time I rode Indy, I got a single rider pass and at the projection room, found myself merged into the standby line. I thought it was a mistake by the cast member who directed me there. Based on the origional post, I guess that's just how it's done these days. I was never asked to show my single rider pass at the load platform. In fact, that pass is probably in a drawer somewhere at home...
    See your scenario I would think is different if the castmember directed you over to the Standby/FastPass line, where as the OP was talking about people intentionally jumping over to the other line on their own.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Your cadaverous pallor

When im alone i go in the elevator but if im with friends or others i go up the stairs i figured this out about a year and a half ago its great

• Your cadaverous pallor

I also think that to stop me and others from going up the stairs it would be better and they would get more SR's through and fill up better if they rerouted them straight to the elevator

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    And while you might hold out for a long time... Even you will eventually reach a point where you will go ahead and start jumping lines too. I might night not be when 1% of the people do it... it might not be when 10% of the people do it... but at some point the numbers doing it will result in even the best of us saying, "if everyone else is why not me" and everyone will do it.
    Thats why parents need to work hard to teach "Because it is still wrong." But sadly, it is parents teaching their children "It costs so much, so we deserve this."
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by G242 View Post
    When im alone i go in the elevator but if im with friends or others i go up the stairs i figured this out about a year and a half ago its great
    So, you don't even care if everyone knows you are a cheat?
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• 7/17/2005 I was there!

The answer here is simple. Disneyland should do away with the fastpass system AND single rider.
    "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

• Fowler'sINN

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
    Let me expand.

When me and my sister made use of the Single Rider system at IJA, there was a rather large group behind us. I seemed suspicious at first, but they had their SR passes. We waited in the projector room as usual, then were directed up the ramp.

Here is where the problem lies.

Anyone can simply slip an SR pass into their pocket at this point and insert themselves into the regular line. Lucky for us, we notified the CM at the elevator, but she had already seen that they snuck their passes away while coming up the ramp. They were directed up with us on the elevator, unhappy with their attempt.

This is a very small fix: simply navigate the SR's up the rest of the exit path to the elevator (there would be a new line for this), like California Screamin'. These two attractions basically have the same configuration in terms of the SR layout.

It's a small bug in a large pond of problems that are already hitting the resort, but it would be nice if someone addressed the problem.
    My sister and I *

• Minion

You all are acting like people are soliciting drugs and prostitution in the Indy line. I even saw someone mention "the decline of Western civilization" on one of these posts. Seriously?? I hate line-cutting as much as the next guy but at the end of the day, its just a bunch of selfish people adding a few seconds to your wait time--I feel like there are much bigger things to worry about......

• -

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    ...people are soliciting drugs and prostitution in the Indy line...
    I need to ride Indy more often. I see now why the wait times are so high.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    I'm not ready to jump on the band wagon yet... but if they allow the jumping to continue unabated that may eventually change.
    So rather than being part of the solution, you feel it will be fine to add to the problem.

In my opinion, it would be better to call the people cutting into line out on it. Let them know that you saw them cutting. If it doesn’t stop them, tell the closest worker. Get their name and if nothing is done, leave a nasty comment card at City Hall so it ends up in their file. If they get enough of these comment cards, maybe they will start doing their job.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    You all are acting like people are soliciting drugs and prostitution in the Indy line. I even saw someone mention "the decline of Western civilization" on one of these posts. Seriously?? I hate line-cutting as much as the next guy but at the end of the day, its just a bunch of selfish people adding a few seconds to your wait time--I feel like there are much bigger things to worry about......
    I agree that there are certainly larger issues that require a far greater degree of concern than simple line-cutting at a theme park. But I interpreted the comment about "the decline of western civilization" a bit differently than you did. I didn't read it as a characterization of line-cutting being the problem, but merely a symptom of the real problem, which is quite big; and, I believe, a reasonable issue to be concerned about: the erosion of personal responsibility.

Little things add up. The tipping point phenomenon can apply to negative behavior as easily (one could argue more easily) as it can to positive.

I get your point, however; and I agree that, even in the restricted context of Park "problems", line-cutting is a small (but annoying) one, really.
    Last edited by fo'c's'le swab; 02-26-2014 at 08:50 AM.

•   

The indy line is long because the loading and unloading takes a very long process as well as the fact that it breaks down constantly, the 1 or 2 or even 5% of single riders isn't causing the problem. Now you can turn this into a debate on ethics, but its really just a Greed vs Fear equation, and people are just plain greedy and don't see any consequence for cutting or taking advantage of the flaw in the SR system. You don't need to re route the SR line, you just need to send the SR guests separate from the DAS guests. That way the only people coming up the hallway from the projector room would be SR and there would be no debate as to if they are or are not a SR.

The system is put in place for Single Riders and I'm sure that the people in this case knew that. That is not Disney's fault. The system is not perfect but the people knew better than to break the rules. They are responsible for their own actions. Disney can't micromanage everything.

• Mrs. J. Depp

The last time we did single rider on Indy, there was a couple who tried to pocket their passes and jump in line. The thing is, the CM's usually let in a small group from the SR line and I'm pretty sure they communicate with the other CM's as to who is at the front and end of that group, and how many and things like that. And I say that because as that couple was trying to sneak away, the CM kinda corralled us towards the elevator and told them "This way you guys."

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Fan View Post
    The answer here is simple. Disneyland should do away with the fastpass system AND single rider.
    Fastpass is a different issue in this discussion.

As far as doing away with SR... just checking to see on this honestly. You are aware that the purpose of SR is to pull someone out of the line (lowering wait times for everyone else) to fill a seat that would have dispatched without a rider at all?

Implementation may suck. Don't get me wrong. But the concept itself is a win/win/win - the SR gets to ride fast, the line they would have been waiting in is now one person shorter, the ride's hourly ridership increases. This isn't like FP where the person being seated is "virtually" in line and takes up a space that would otherwise likely have been filled by a Standby guest. These are blanks in the car that would have been dispatched empty.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast