Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: A Mighty Big Flaw in the Indiana Jones Single Rider

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    So rather than being part of the solution, you feel it will be fine to add to the problem.

In my opinion, it would be better to call the people cutting into line out on it. Let them know that you saw them cutting. If it doesn’t stop them, tell the closest worker. Get their name and if nothing is done, leave a nasty comment card at City Hall so it ends up in their file. If they get enough of these comment cards, maybe they will start doing their job.
    So your solution is to 1) point out to someone that they are being a jerk (it wont stop them but hey you only wasted 5 seconds of your breath yelling), 2) find a worker and waste 2 or 3 minutes explaining what happened so that they will do nothing, and 3) waste 10 going to City Hall followed by 10 to 15 minutes filling out a card that will at most result in a CM getting a point on them so that they eventually lose their job.... And while you've wasted 20 to 30 minutes of precious time you have accomplished absolutely nothing...

I think I'll pass on wasting my time when I go, with the cost of one day ticket at about $100 and likely 10 hours of time in the park I'm not going to waste $5 of park time to fight a windmill.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    So your solution is to 1) point out to someone that they are being a jerk (it wont stop them but hey you only wasted 5 seconds of your breath yelling),
    Actually, if the person knows that not just one person, but everyone in line is aware that they are cutting, it may act as a deterrent. Further, if one person starts to say something to the lowlife SOB that is breaking the rules, others may say something as well making the offender feel outnumbered and then back down from their position for fear of being caught by authorities.

2) find a worker and waste 2 or 3 minutes explaining what happened so that they will do nothing,
    Hopefully they will do something, but if not that is where the trip to City Hall comes in.

and 3) waste 10 going to City Hall followed by 10 to 15 minutes filling out a card that will at most result in a CM getting a point on them so that they eventually lose their job....
    If they don’t do their job, then they don’t deserve to have it, do they.

And while you've wasted 20 to 30 minutes of precious time you have accomplished absolutely nothing...
    Self-gratification.

I think I'll pass on wasting my time when I go, with the cost of one day ticket at about $100 and likely 10 hours of time in the park I'm not going to waste $5 of park time to fight a windmill.
    It is much better than joining the line cutters thus doing nothing to solve the problem, but only perpetuating it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Loving all things Disney!

I'm a little confused at how they are line cutting? Do single riders use the elevator, because I thought that was only for the "disabled". And single riders go through the exit, right? Sorry for the stupid questions. I don't really understand how single rider works on IJA.

Single riders are supposed to go through the elevator (along with any wheelchairs that might be there at the time). Then they wait to the side on the middle platform and only get on the ride when a CM asks for a single rider and they turn in the card. If they don't go to the elevator and just stay in the line, with the card in their pockets or something, then they've effectively come in the exit, rejoined the line after the room with the well, and cut everyone behind that point because after going down the stairs (again presuming they did this knowingly and don't make themselves known as a single rider at the bottom) get assigned to a vehicle when they hit the bottom of the stairs, not just when a row needs a single.

• Loving all things Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    Single riders are supposed to go through the elevator (along with any wheelchairs that might be there at the time). Then they wait to the side on the middle platform and only get on the ride when a CM asks for a single rider and they turn in the card. If they don't go to the elevator and just stay in the line, with the card in their pockets or something, then they've effectively come in the exit, rejoined the line after the room with the well, and cut everyone behind that point because after going down the stairs (again presuming they did this knowingly and don't make themselves known as a single rider at the bottom) get assigned to a vehicle when they hit the bottom of the stairs, not just when a row needs a single.

Thanks for the info! I understand a lot better now. I thought the elevator was only used for the disabled people, so I got a little confused! Thanks for clarifying!

The reason the SR line is set up the way it is now (and also the reason the FP line merges so early) is because the legal department wants everyone to go through the projection room to see the safety video.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    The reason the SR line is set up the way it is now (and also the reason the FP line merges so early) is because the legal department wants everyone to go through the projection room to see the safety video.
    When they took fastpasses later, you still went through the projection room.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

There have been a couple of FP set ups and to be honest I can't really remember the order they came in. I think originally it was similar to Splash's current setup where the FP and SB lines were next to each other until you merged just past the projection room. Then when they decided they didn't want FP lines next to SB lines you actually bypassed the queue and walked down the exit walkway and entered the queue right before the projection room where SR currently enters. They would stop the line for you and let you cross just like they currently do for SR. In both setups you walked through the projection room, but it was decided that this was too fast for people to see the safety video so the merge was moved up to the temple entrance. Single riders are supposed to be held in the projection room so they can watch the video as well, but from what I've seen the CM rarely holds them long enough.

I've always been annoyed with the SR line. It takes longer than it should because of the way it is set up, and even if there are 20 people in the SR line, they only let a few people go through at a time, resulting in a large number of single seats left empty. I've always thought that they should just use one side of the staircase for SR. Then the SR could actually feed the empty seats consistently.

But I agree that it is aggravating when people from the SR line stay in the regular queue after the safety video room and not hand over their pass to the CM to use the elevator. Those are textbook linejumpers and should be ejected from the park. The Indiana Jones queue is already rather complicated as is. I would have thought they'd fix that in a refurb.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto's Planet View Post
    I've always been annoyed with the SR line. It takes longer than it should because of the way it is set up, and even if there are 20 people in the SR line, they only let a few people go through at a time, resulting in a large number of single seats left empty. I've always thought that they should just use one side of the staircase for SR. Then the SR could actually feed the empty seats consistently.
    HOLD ON! That gives me a better solution! Keep the SR line as is now, up until the projection room. The left tunnel is for the regular riders/DAS users, and the left tunnel is for SR. The ramps leading up to the staircase are now split. The left side is for the regular riders, FP, DAS, etc. while SR is on the right staircase. To accommodate for wheelchairs, the ramps will have 2/3 size for regular riders and 1/3 size for SR. The 1/2 and 1/2 split will occur after the gate where disabled guests can go through.

Do you see what I'm getting at?
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

When I was there in January, the cast member who moved the ropes to let you up the ramp out of the projection room opened the rope and said "five" to the cast member waiting by the gate for single riders. This indicated that the first five people coming through were single riders and we were appropriately divided from the main queue. I believe that this is how it is supposed to work on a regular basis, however we all know that there are exceptions to every rule.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again... there should be a policy implemented stating if your complete party is not entering the line you can't enter unless you are willing to not ride together. No cuts, no catching up with your group already in line, etc.. I have seen cutting way too much.

But even with that said, I think the Indiana Jones queue has a lot of problems. Single rider and FP doesn't really do you much good because in the end it feeds you into the exact same line as standby. I got a FP for Indy the last time and all it does is basically skip the outdoor queue. You practically wait through the entire inside section which is a majority of the standby wait.
    I actually work IJA and the majority of the line is on the outside unless you ride the attraction within the first 30min of park opening. We try very hard to keep the inside wait 10-15 minutes because of Fastpasss. Unfortunately some times things happen where the wait inside is a bit longer than we like, but when this happens the wait on the outside will still be longer.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
    HOLD ON! That gives me a better solution! Keep the SR line as is now, up until the projection room. The left tunnel is for the regular riders/DAS users, and the left tunnel is for SR. The ramps leading up to the staircase are now split. The left side is for the regular riders, FP, DAS, etc. while SR is on the right staircase. To accommodate for wheelchairs, the ramps will have 2/3 size for regular riders and 1/3 size for SR. The 1/2 and 1/2 split will occur after the gate where disabled guests can go through.

Do you see what I'm getting at?
    If we split up our line this way, it would cause our wait time to be much longer. We have 2 sides of the stairs because there is 2 sides to our station. Its a way for us to have the line move more efficiently. By using only one side, a wait that could have been 45 minutes can turn into 70. This would cause us to book out of FP quicker thus having the potential of making the wait time even higher.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessTiana88 View Post
    If we split up our line this way, it would cause our wait time to be much longer. We have 2 sides of the stairs because there is 2 sides to our station. Its a way for us to have the line move more efficiently. By using only one side, a wait that could have been 45 minutes can turn into 70. This would cause us to book out of FP quicker thus having the potential of making the wait time even higher.
    I don't think the split ramp is a feasible option but the plan wouldn't lengthen the wait time. They would still be filling both sides of the loading zone, just from one side, so you'd actually spend less time on the stair route. The other side would then hold SR. The wait time would not change.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    I don't think the split ramp is a feasible option but the plan wouldn't lengthen the wait time. They would still be filling both sides of the loading zone, just from one side, so you'd actually spend less time on the stair route. The other side would then hold SR. The wait time would not change.
    Exactly. I just looked up a video of the queue, and unfortunately, it is MUCH thinner than I though it was. Having one side for TWO stations would definitely have guests in that room for only less than a minute if compared to the current 2 minutes. Not much, but a greater difference.
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast