• Mouseke-Awesome

Dapper Day 2: Spring Electric Boogaloo

(Sorry, couldn't resist the title!)

So I attended Dapper Day Spring 2014 and I'm here to tell you allllllll about it.

My trip started Friday the 21st, got on the road around 3pm-ish and into Anaheim around 8:30pm (this time staying at Quality Inn on Manchester. It was alright, only stayed here because the usual hotel I stay at, Anaheim Plaza, had rediculous rates for the weekend).

Saturday was an early day at the parks, got through the gates about 10 minutes before 8am. We were pleasantly surprised by how...quiet everything was. My friends and I couldn't believe it. We walked to Indy and only had a 15 minute wait. Pirates was walk-on, as well as Haunted Mansion. Then we hopped on Winnie the Pooh and got coffee and churros in NOS. By this time it was around 10am, and we felt like we had already done quite a lot in the time we were there.

The best thing was we just took our time. We walked over to Tomorrowland, stopping in Fantasyland to relax and drink our coffee. We decided to check out Innoventions and none of us had never done the Thor meet & greet, that had just opened up for the day so we checked that out. I have to admit, us girls got flustered...we didn't know what to expect and had a lot of fun! Then we picked up FP's for Space Mountain then went to DCA and got on ToT (about a 15 minute wait). Then had lunch at Cozy Cone (we love the Chili Cone Carne!) and decided to check out the Dapper Day boutique at Grand Californian, picked up some merch and then hopped on the Monorail just in time to use our FPs for Space Mountain.

By this time we were ready for a break, so we decided to go back to the hotel, pick up my car and make a quick Target and Joe's Italian Ice run After some more relaxing at the hotel, I/we finally decided to go back to the parks around 7:30. We went to DCA and walked around for a bit. I mentioned I had never done the Sorcerer's Workshop and finally took a peek....I can't believe I've never been there! I loved the Beast's Library and Ursula's Grotto. Did a little shopping at Off the Page then we got in line for ToT again, about a 30 minute wait, even got on Flik's Flyers (lol, never been on this either, very cute basket/swing ride!) and decided to check out the line for RsR....45 minutes! I think if it's under 60 minutes, it's worth a wait for me. We actually got through a little faster than 45 minutes, which was great. It was a little after 10 and we needed to get things ready for Dapper Day the next morning. So it was back to the hotel, with a traditional stop at McD's, for an early night.

Dapper Day was another early-ish morning. We had plans to get into the park at opening, but after hair, makeup, etc...we didn't get there until 10 or so. We instantly noticed the crowd......we could tell it was going to be a really busy day. A lot of Dapper attire, which was fantastic. We noticed the line for Pirates was ridiculously long, so we got on Haunted Mansion wich had a better wait time of about 15 minutes. In all honesty it was a little bit of a weird day so I'll do a short list:

• Mark Twain Mixer....I about had a heart attack when I saw the line!!! Wrapped all the way across RoA. However the line moved rather quickly, since you can load so many people at one time. It was a lot of fun to see everyone's outfits.
    • Star Tours...only because I was the Rebel Spy!! Never had that happen before!!

And really...that's it. I left the park early to go to a show in Fullerton (to see a Beatles tribute band....I'm friends with the guys and they wanted me to come see them since I was so close to the bar, 10 minutes away) around 5:30 and didn't come back to the parks after that. I was tired and my legs and feet were so sore (my shoes had literally no support...I need to upgrade to orthopedic shoes). I don't know, Dapper Day this time around was kind of weird for me. I had personal things that were bugging me so that might have impacted my day a little, plus the heat (why is it always HOT on DD???), and plus the fact that no matter what shoes I wear for DD I will always have some sort of blister/cut on my foot :-|

I didn't take a whole lot of pictures that day either. I wasn't totally thrilled with my outfit this time around. My skirt was still too big (after being taken in) and I kind of.....got lost in the (huge) crowd? I saw more people do character-inspired outfits, rather than just "plain" clothes from the era (which is what I did this time around). My chicken purse this year got more attention than my actual outfit. But, I guess that's expected with a chicken purse, right? Anyways, moving on.

Went into the parks again on Monday for a few hours before leaving back home. Only got on Pirates and Haunted Mansion (I don't think I've ever been on HM more in one trip before!). Then walked around and did a little shopping (two pill cases/"pocket pals" and some pins....which I will not let myself get addicted to!). Got om the road around 4-ish and made it home by 8:30, not too much heavy traffic, I was glad.

Sigh. That's it. Not as mega-epic as last September's Dapper Day trip report. But a trip report is a trip report. And now, for some pictures!

Saturday

Obligatory picture for me

With Thor! And yes, I did a theme with my outfit today. Not really "Dapper" but definitely Mouseketeer inspired.

Enjoying an empty NOS

Contemplating life in the Beast's Library.

Dapper Day

Me & my gang

Me & mom

Me & my chicken purse...

Taken on the Mark Twain, just a taste of the crowds that were there that day.

Me and the best friend.

Waving to the crowds below.

Monday

Me and my best friend....matching outfits with "Best Friend" Mickey ears. We're pretty rediculous.

Also wanted to post the little "Pocket Pals" I picked up. I didn't even know these existed!! You can use them for whatever little items can fit in them, but most people, as I was told, use them as pill cases.

I spotted these first at Off the Page at DCA. I loved the Evil Queen and mentioned to the CM it was a shame there wasn't a Snow White one. She said there is one but it sold out there, but Disneyana over at DL would have them. She was really nice, she even offered to call them up and have them hold one for me, but I wasn't going back to DL that night. I ended up finding the Snow White one the next day at Dapper Day. I don't really buy anything at the parks anymore as far as souvenirs, but I thought these were really unique and at $20 the price was absolutely right.

Well.....that's it for today's TR. Hope you all enjoyed

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• formerly very helpful

Re: Dapper Day 2: Spring Electric Boogaloo

these are great. Thanks for sharing. I can't remember the last time I saw Disneyland this crowded!

Great pictures! Yes, it was very crowded that day! Took me 45 mins just to park... at the convention center! But it was so worth it!

Thanks for sharing these TanyAnnette! Guess BIG crowds are now to be expected on Dapper Day, which means it's a success, huh? Glad you still managed to have a good time despite things not being quite perfect for you this trip.

• Indiana Scott

Nice report, looks like a great time to be at the resort!

You look adorable and I love those pocket pals! I hadn't been to disneyland in over 5 years so was disappointed at not being able to get on certain rides. The wait for Pirates was insane. Bummer, as I'd like to go only on dapper days because the crowd was so much fun. I had no idea there would be that many dappers, I thought maybe a fringe element. The next one is on a Friday, in your experience is that less crowded?

• Mrs. J. Depp

You are SO CUTE! You look straight out of Mad Men! Looks like such a fun time. I always get so excited to see the Dapper reports so I can live vicariously.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• keh!

Adorable! Your outfits are very nice! How early were you in the NOS area for it to be that empty?

• waitin' to board

Laffite's Landing.............yea I wish...currently about 700 miles away unfortunately.

..thanks for the trip report....

• Mouseke-Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    Adorable! Your outfits are very nice! How early were you in the NOS area for it to be that empty?
    Thank you!
    That was probably around 8:30 or so, we had just rode Indy and were on the way to Pirates

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

Yowza. That shot of the crowds from Mark Twain.

I had a good time, and loved seeing everyone dressed up, but man, it was packed.