Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: "I miss my AP" support group

Its been about 14 months since my last Visit. I only missed it a couple of times this past year, but maybe we will get one sometime this year. Its an hour drive without traffic, but once we left at 3pm and it took 4 hours. Oh the Humanity. Thats what helps keep the desire for a pass down, but we would usually spend a night at the hotel and go two days in a row to make it worth while. If you're more than an hour away its not a spur of the moment thing, we still have to plan it out. Either by waking up early, or booking a hotel.

Now, if I lived in Anaheim I would totally get one every year.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    I'm not sure if this is going to come out right, but sometimes lately for me the idea of going to Disneyland is actually better than being at Disneyland due to the explosion in crowds (yes, I am part of the crowding problem too), strollergeddon, etc...
    That's exactly what I felt last year which is why I gave up my pass in the first place. I wanted to go to Disneyland, but when I got there, frequently I didn't enjoy it because of the crowds and just wanted to go home.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

We moved out of state and obviously didn't renew when the time came last October.
    I have to say, I'm finding it very, very difficult. It's such a "first world problem" but I'd give just about anything to be able to go back to DLR whenever I wanted. When we were still living in OC I'd take my toddler to the parks once a week and now the poor kid asks everyday if we can go back. Sometimes he cries. I feel awful about it. He doesn't understand that we live 1200 miles away now. A support group would be just what I need!

• Mrs. J. Depp

It's been about 2.5 years since I've moved to Northern California to complete college and given up my AP privileges, and during that time I've gone home twice a year to visit my family in SoCal (summer and winter respectively). I've been lucky enough to visit the parks on almost every visit back home but I truly do miss having an AP. I figured maybe going twice a year did not permit me to purchase another AP. I'm anxious to move back to SoCal but right now the timing just isn't there. I'm waiting on several things to fall into place before I can leave this Disney barren place.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Meh

For the first time in 5 years (for me) and 9 years (for my wife) we may not renew when our AP's expire at the end of September. My schedule basically allows for me to go Friday evenings and Sundays (prefer the evening time), where as her schedule is more flexible, so she gets to do some midweek sessions.

I'm not sure if this is going to come out right, but sometimes lately for me the idea of going to Disneyland is actually better than being at Disneyland due to the explosion in crowds (yes, I am part of the crowding problem too), strollergeddon, etc...
    Strollergeddon

I see what you're saying though.
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Its been 8 months for me...and really I don't feel the need to go...or even look at weekly updates any more....not much New going on in the parks....Big Thunder to me is the biggest thing going on...and really I don't think I'll be wowed by what they did

Maybe in a few years I'll be more excited to get back in the parks if they go to Phase 2 in DCA and Tomorrowland gets redone...but until then Universal holds more of my attention with a new ride, the Tram getting some new additions, the Simpsons area and Potterland...much more exciting

Yes, it came out right ... definitely can relate to that feeling at times . (lol@"strollergeddon ... add to that ... "stroller trash" )

For the first time in 5 years (for me) and 9 years (for my wife) we may not renew when our AP's expire at the end of September. My schedule basically allows for me to go Friday evenings and Sundays (prefer the evening time), where as her schedule is more flexible, so she gets to do some midweek sessions.

I totally agree! Sometimes I enjoy looking at Dateline Disneyland or Mint Croc. weekly photo 'tour' more than dealing with the massive crowds. When I do go down I tend to go first thing in the AM when the crowds are lighter and the park feels 'fresh'. I have had a premium AP for over 25 years and will be letting it lapse for 3 months when it expires in April. Will be interesting to see how it goes during those 3 months. LOL
    Greetings from Disneyland California!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12