Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

"I miss my AP" support group

So even though I gave up my AP because I feel it's not a good enough value anymore, I've been missing going to DL whenver I want to a lot lately. I gave it up in Sept so it's only been 5 months. It's just started hitting me the past few weeks or so. I really want to go down to the park tonight and just walk around and enjoy the ambiance for a little while. If I could I'd probably have dinner tonight at the Tomorrowland Terrace and watch a crappy cover band.

Interestingly enough, for all the improvements to DCA, I have yet to have any real desire to go back there. If there was a cheaper Disneyland only AP I might consider it.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• formerly very helpful

Re: "I miss my AP" support group

Even though I have my AP again now, I went a year + without it, so I know how you feel. One thing I thought of was trying to have Micechat gatherings, but outside of the parks, for those who can't get in so easily. Perhaps at Trader Sams. I think something like that could do wonders for those in need of some Disney support.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    If there was a cheaper Disneyland only AP I might consider it.
    They tried that when CA Adventure first opened and quickly discontinued the single park passes when nobody was going to the new park.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Rock Star Minion

This support group needs 12 steps, sponsors for each member, and once a week gathering to confess any indiscretions ("Hi, I'm sediment" Hi, sediment." "Last week I walked around the park, trying to smell the various odors that are prevalent in the park...").
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Even though I have my AP again now, I went a year + without it, so I know how you feel. One thing I thought of was trying to have Micechat gatherings, but outside of the parks, for those who can't get in so easily. Perhaps at Trader Sams. I think something like that could do wonders for those in need of some Disney support.
    Hmmmm ...
    A few years ago, when we hadn't been to DL in quite a few years & didn't even think we really missed it, went to DTD for dinner ... ended up walking up to the gates and peering in longingly ...
    Not too long after that decided to get a 2 day Park Hopper ... When we went back to use it at DCA for the second day realized how much we missed DL (even though we had a good day at DCA) ...
    Bet you can guess what happened next before we left for the day ...

(Pssssst... just try it ... first one's free! )

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Since I am not a local, and presently do not have an AP, I don't belong in an AP Support Group.

However, I do go through Disneyland Withdrawal from the moment I board the plane back to Chicago.

MiceChat helps me with that.

• Senior Minion

Gave mine up about three years ago and don't miss it much at all now. I guess I did a little for a while, but honestly I think I get more out of the once or twice a year I go now then I did out of having an AP. Too much of anything can spoil a good thing I guess. Anyway, my guess is that with time your desire to visit will diminish as well.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• film975

I miss having an annual pass as well. It allowed me to do my Disneyland YouTube series while I had it. But right now I can't afford it. I sure do miss being able to go to the park whenever I felt like it.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Since I am not a local, and presently do not have an AP, I don't belong in an AP Support Group.

However, I do go through Disneyland Withdrawal from the moment I board the plane back to Chicago.

MiceChat helps me with that.
    I hear you! Way back many years ago, before the APs became a thing, I would go hang out in Disney Stores to get my fix. They had a video that would run and show clips from Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Hello,
    My name is Meville.
    I have been without a Disney AP for 10 months and it has been 1 year 2 months since my last viste.
    I'm honestly not sure that I will ever get one again, but time will tell. However, I'm not a local. Not sure how you guys dont have passes anylonger...

My pass expired early January and I've been missing disney ever since. I decided not renew for this year cuz of classes/college. I do want to be an ap again for the 60th anniversary though.

How cheap do you guys want them to be? I am in the Pro AP crowd and I think they are too cheap as it is

• Minion

Yeah... Dreading the inevitable on this one. Ours run through mid-August, but I don't see us renewing for at least a year after. Too many other vacations on the list to justify the cost when we would only be able to visit twice at best. Will be there in 3 weeks. Not sure if it's going to make it better or worse.

• formerly very helpful

I'm getting to be of the mindset of every-other year. That way it can build up anticipation without being too outrageous of a wait.

• Foolish Mortal

For the first time in 5 years (for me) and 9 years (for my wife) we may not renew when our AP's expire at the end of September. My schedule basically allows for me to go Friday evenings and Sundays (prefer the evening time), where as her schedule is more flexible, so she gets to do some midweek sessions.

I'm not sure if this is going to come out right, but sometimes lately for me the idea of going to Disneyland is actually better than being at Disneyland due to the explosion in crowds (yes, I am part of the crowding problem too), strollergeddon, etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast