Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Interesting Article About The Un-Gangs/Social Clubs Of Disneyland

Re: Interesting Article About The Un-Gangs/Social Clubs Of Disneyland

That is an interesting article. Though I would never join a club that would have me as a member. I find wearing a Disney Land t-shirt to the park is enough for me.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    Though I would never join a club that would have me as a member.
    That would be a red flag for me as well.

• 2013-14 Premium APer

Read that earlier, very interesting. I don't mind meeting up with a few people here and there but I'm so not into a social group.

• Meh

Good article, I always felt bad about all the people bashing these social clubs on the forums. Kinda cool to see published article about them!
    Last edited by Mind Tricks; 02-27-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

The first eighteen pages of the article was a great stroke piece for the SCs. I had no idea they were crime-fighters. Or that they patrol the restrooms. I doubt I'm tough enough to hang with them--I probably wouldn't survive the jumping-in. And denim does nothing for me. If they are having fun and not screwing things up, good for them.

• Senior Minion

Oh, they're not gangs, they've vigilantes, that makes it so much better. Disney needs to ban this behavior immediately. I have never more disgusted or offended then the last time I was in the park and felt by these jackbooted thugs who seemed to be everywhere and made me very uncomfortable.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• 1 man can make a difernce

Oh please, there is so much exaggeration in that article.

I have heard unpleasant things from a cast member about social clubs. I wont say which club but it involves shoulder checking people in the parking garage and saying "what are you going to do about it?"
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    The first eighteen pages of the article was a great stroke piece for the SCs. I had no idea they were crime-fighters...
    The article makes it seem like Disney supports these groups, which is not correct.
    SCs are getting a bad reputation for setting up situations to entrap cast members and then writing complaints about them. It seems some SCs feel the service at Disneyland is deteriorating and this is their way of "helping" the CMs improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Oh, they're not gangs, they've vigilantes, that makes it so much better. Disney needs to ban this behavior immediately...
    You might get your wish...

• Under that tree again!

In a report like that is has to be either pro or con, pro it was. I guess the writers coin landed on heads.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I enjoy the different manners in which all of us enjoy Walts Park! I have fun watching everyone and i see, feel, and share that same love. Almost everyone is there having fun!

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

A quote from Ray Davis sums up the how social clubs feel about the park and Disney in general...

The tribe often thinks the visionary has turned his back on them. When, in fact, the visionary has simply turned his face to the future.
    Ray Davis
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    The article makes it seem like Disney supports these groups, which is not correct.
    It does? I didn't get that at all. What I understood from the piece was that Disneyland is turning a blind eye right now. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    I enjoy the different manners in which all of us enjoy Walts Park! I have fun watching everyone and i see, feel, and share that same love. Almost everyone is there having fun!
    Yes, sometimes our fellow guests can seem to be a detraction from the magic. Some of us get more easily annoyed by different things others do than others (even though, of course, we ourselves might be really annoying to other guests for whatever reason), but sometimes it is just very neat to realize that there are "children of all ages" truly enjoying the magic in all different ways.
    Sometimes it really is like sharing the wonder with complete strangers - and the "Disney magic" really can bridge individual and societal gaps ... those are really neat moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Oh, they're not gangs, they've vigilantes, that makes it so much better. Disney needs to ban this behavior immediately. I have never more disgusted or offended then the last time I was in the park and felt by these jackbooted thugs who seemed to be everywhere and made me very uncomfortable.
    If they had tried to roust the guy themselves I would agree they were vigilantes and out of line, but unless I read the article wrong they just called security on a guy that definitely deserved to be dealt with by security. Was that a bad thing in some way? And seriously, "jack booted thugs"?? I'm guessing all this hate must come from a reason. I mean, you may be right, they might be thugs and I've just never seen that yet myself. I don't get to the park very often. I just wonder sometimes what the specifics are that cause all this anger.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast