Thread: Travel Dates

Travel Dates

Hello again!

I did not expect to be back in the forum for quite some time. I've been avoiding it so I don't feel compelled to hop on a plane...

DH has been begging to take our foster daughter to DLR. I kept saying no because she's too young to remember. Well...

I just found out my sister has been given a Disneyland trip for graduation. We are already flying to her graduation. They were planning the trip possibly for June. I looked at the calendar for June and starting the 10th there are grad nights in the way. 5/24 is a grad night from what I read in the forum just now. 5/26 (?) is Memorial Day. We'd likely travel to DLR on 5/26 since the graduation is 5/25.

So, does that sound logical? The Tuesday through Thursday of Memorial Day week don't look too bad on the busyness calendar. Then June looks packed. I'm hoping to go at the end of May as we'll already been traveling anyway.

Next question: 5 day pass $300 or AP $499?! We could go again next year for just $200 more. Butttttt we didn't have any DLR trips planned then so really it'd be an extra $200 we'd be spending.

Input please!

• DL Vistor Since 1968

Re: Travel Dates

Memorial Day (May 26th) will be CROWDED. What other dates were you planning?

• Under that tree again!

I would go right after Memorial Day. Sure grad nights can interfere but the crowds go up and up into mid June because each week more schools start vacation.

The reason to get APS is if you will be back in a year. Will your daughter be about 3, when memories can be made? That may be a reason to visit alone, as it was when I started taking my niece and nephew.

Also getting a single AP may be a good reason because the holder when paying can get discounts. 10% merch, 10% dining(not snacks, counter and sit down), 20% and 15% if you get a premium afor $170 more, which also includes parking. Plus APs can get good hotel deals if you stay onsite.

In any case buy your tickets or passes soon. Prices are likely to go up before that.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Meh

Definitely don't underestimate the power of thr AP discount like swampymarsh said, with merchandise and restaurants, you'd be saving a pretty penny.

And you definitely want to avoid Memorial Day, it's gonna be nuts!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• The doctor is in

I would avoid Memorial Day at all costs, especially since they just announced the 24-hour event for that same weekend. The crowds will definitely be high.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

We are traveling 5/26. We'll be in the park starting the 27th!

• DL Vistor Since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    We are traveling 5/26. We'll be in the park starting the 27th!
    The 27th isn't predicted to be as crowded as the 26th, but there will be a sizable crowd nonetheless.