Question Engagement Idea Questions

Hi all,

I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend at Disneyland sometime in June and had a few questions about what I plan to do.

First, the plan:

I plan to reserve the World of Color Dining Package for the Carthay Circle on a Saturday or Sunday, thus putting us in the preferred viewing section for the World of Color show. I intend to propose to her during the love? sequence, directly following the Lion King sequence, as seen here Disney's World of Color California Adventure 2013- 1080P HD Panasonic Lumix GH3 - YouTube. I would also like to have a CM be taking pictures during if at all possible, so I have a few questions about this.

1.) Does this sound like a good idea? Any problems that you might foresee?

2.) Would a CM be able to take pictures, and based on lighting and crowd, would they come out well?

3.) Would there be ample room to propose in the preferred viewing area? Would it be crowded? (Have never been in this section, or even seen the show in person for that matter.)

4.) Would that sequence still be in the show in June? (Best guess)

5.) Would she be able to hear me over the show and crowd noise? Would I have to be right in her ear? (Speech)

6.) I might only get up to two weeks notice of when we would be able to go, would that be enough time to make the reservation?

7.) Would there be enough light for her to see the ring?

Thank you in advance for any and all help any of you can provide.

• 1 man can make a difernce

Re: Engagement Idea Questions

Do a search on here about proposing. There are plenty of threads about it. I proposed at the wishing well. If you want a cast member to take pix, I suggest calling guest services. Or, I am sure there are plenty of people on here that would love to take pix for you if they are going to be there the same day. About everything else, I don't know. I have never been to world of color. I am always too tired that late.
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

She should be able to hear you, but if you get on one knee she wont have too. If you want cool pictures, the best spot to do this would be near the front. Otherwise all of the pictures are just going to have the backs of the people in front of you, not the fountains. There are usually CMs in the area, if you can some how notify them in advance I am sure someone could help you out. You might even be able to get a photopass photographer if you ask enough in advance.

I would assume the show is not going to change much, if at all. until next Winter Dreams

• Meh

Might first thought about the preferred viewing section is that it's going to be like all other sections of World of Color Viewing, PACKED. It will indeed be less packed than the other sections and there are some great stairs you can stand on for the best view of the show, but it's going to be practically shoulder to shoulder standing around people, making picture taking of individuals very difficult Also it's very dark where the people are standing, the light comes from the show, also making picture taking difficult..

Also there's a chance only the people around you will not notice, I'm not sure if you wanted it to be a quiet thing or a spectical, but the show is very loud and people will all be looking at the show only.

She also might not be able to hear you over the music..

Just my thought, hope this helps
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by superlarz View Post
    If you want cool pictures, the best spot to do this would be near the front. Otherwise all of the pictures are just going to have the backs of the people in front of you, not the fountains.
    You mean right in front of those actually trying to watch the show? It seems a litte selfish to intrude upon others that way.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    You mean right in front of those actually trying to watch the show? It seems a litte selfish to intrude upon others that way.
    Considering he would be on a knee, and assuming shes not 6feet tall with a child on her shoulders, i think the mass majority of people will be able to see around them.

I was suggesting if he wants pictures with the fountains in the background they will have to be closer to the front. The front area is not always full, because people can get wet there, and people who reserve spots for themselves sit, therefore there is a lot of room when everyone stands up. I can usually walk up at the last minute and stand in the back of the front section.

Thank you for all the insight, it sounds like it should work out.

One quick question though, is the Carthay Circle WoC dining package worth it, in regards to the view you get for the show?

Thanks

• Disneyland Dreamer

The logistics of this are going to be a nightmare. You'll need flash photography with the kind of backlighting coming from the fountains. You'll be in a serious crowd, so there'll be no room to get pics, and it gets pretty loud, so it'll be hard to hear. I'd go with a plan-B if you have one.

• formerly very helpful

I agree with whoever. If it was me (and it once was), I'd find a quiet place for a little intimacy. Unfortunately, they eliminated my engagement location when they created the Dream Suite. But there are still many beautiful, out of the way locations. One spot that comes to mind would be the train station at Main Street, as the fireworks are going on. You'd just have to stake out a spot early on. I'm just brainstorming here, so I'm sure there are many better ideas.
    Good luck. Hope it all goes well.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superlarz View Post
    Considering he would be on a knee, and assuming shes not 6feet tall with a child on her shoulders, i think the mass majority of people will be able to see around them.
    It's not a matter of blocking, the act of proposing is not really an issue. Expecting to be able to take pictures is unrealistic.

Using a flash could be disruptive, and unless you want a lot of strangers in your photo I'm guessing you'd expect people to move for your photo opp?

If you're set on WoC, I would plan I take photos after the show so as not to disrupt others.

My personal opinion: I would want to hear you. I'd take the advice of others and consider a different plan. Maybe propose a little earlier in the day (daylight = better photos!) and celebrate with your dining package that evening.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List