Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• former CM

Tiki Juice Bar on Yelp's top 100 American eateries (Sorry Napa Rose & Club 33!)

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te...ke_shack_is_am
    ( ^ ^ Ugly but working link above.)

This ranking has convenient links. It celebrates the palates of the 99% and should lead folks to some delicious bargains!

Yes, the beloved Tiki Juice Bar had so many fans rate it highly that it came in at #66 in America. Yay corn syrup, pineapple juice and long lines.

Also, drive south on Harbor and visit Sarborso! Mexican Grill (#61) at 13129 Harbor Blvd.

Or drive south on Harbor, and take a left (east) on Chapman Blvd. to get to
    (#74) the Mattern Sausage & Deli at 4327 E. Chapman in Orange.

Then for dessert go to the Japanese bakery in Tustin: the Cream Pan (#31)
    at 602 El Camino Real and get some strawberry croissants.

--Tom Sinsky

Last edited by jcruise86; 02-28-2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: to improve the link

• Minion

Re: Tiki Juice Bar on Yelp's top 100 American eateries (Sorry Napa Rose & Club 33!)

• former CM

Re: Tiki Juice Bar on Yelp's top 100 American eateries (Sorry Napa Rose & Club 33!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    Thanks, Ron!

• Meh

Haha pretty sweet! (Pun, intended)

Can't say I'm suprised, I missed it greatly when it was getting remodeled! Glad it's back!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Minion

What else are people going to do when waiting in that long line? Write reviews on Yelp of course!

I like the occasional Dole Whip myself but won't wait in line of it's got more than 5 people in it which is most of the time.

• former CM

The first Slate link in the first post does work now.

Last edited by jcruise86; 03-01-2014 at 09:36 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

HEY, MAYBE with the status that the Dole Whip Tiki Bar has reached, DL will reconsider closing The Court of Angels to all guests, and INSTEAD, turn it into a MINT JULEP (flavored) DOLE WHIP BAR! Hey, Disney, are you listening to this advice?!?!?!?!?

They could call it a Mardi Gras Dole Whip! Heck they could even have a second flavor as well, anyone for a Southern Peaches 'n Cream Dole Whip?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by Aladdin; 03-01-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    HEY, MAYBE with the status that the Dole Whip Tiki Bar has reached, DL will reconsider closing The Court of Angels to all guests, and INSTEAD, turn it into a MINT JULEP (flavored) DOLE WHIP BAR! Hey, Disney, are you listening to this advice?!?!?!?!?

They could call it a Mardi Gras Dole Whip! Heck they could even have a second flavor as well, anyone for a Southern Peaches 'n Cream Dole Whip?!?!?!?!
    While they are at it, can they just make a unique Dole Whip flavor for every single land in the park? Heck, do Dole Whips for DCA too!
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• former CM

Have you--yes you--been to Sarborso! Mexican Grill in Harbor south of Garden Grove Blvd? (
    #61)
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-08-2014 at 04:34 PM.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te...ke_shack_is_am
    ( ^ ^ Ugly but working link above.)

This ranking has convenient links. It celebrates the palates of the 99% and should lead folks to some delicious bargains!

Yes, the beloved Tiki Juice Bar had so many fans rate it highly that it came in at #66 in America. Yay corn syrup, pineapple juice and long lines.

Also, drive south on Harbor and visit Sarborso! Mexican Grill (#61) at 13129 Harbor Blvd. [The next one I'll try.]

Or drive south on Harbor, and take a left (east) on Chapman Blvd. to get to
    (#74) the Mattern Sausage & Deli at 4327 E. Chapman in Orange.
    [See below.]

Then for dessert go to the Japanese bakery in Tustin: the Cream Pan (#31)
    at 602 El Camino Real and get some strawberry croissants.

I tried two of the Yelp places close to Disneyland today:
    The Mattern Sausage and Deli is not one of my favorite places to eat in Orange County, but I just don't want to write a specific bad review of it because the people who ran it were nice, and my kid LOVED their liverwurst.

On the other hand, the Cream Pan might be the best bakery in Southern California. The strawberry croissants have a cult following and I'm afraid a family member of mine joined it today. I thought the strawberry croissant was very good,

but
    I have never enjoyed eating anything more than the apple croissant I had there.
    It was perfect. First time on Soarin' perfect. Riding Dumbo when you're 3-years-old perfect.

They had an excellent staff and made the line (at about 11am) move quickly. After I got home we tried their (custardy) cream puff, and it was really delicious--the second best one I've ever had after the ones I've eaten at the Wisconsin State Fair. Again, the Cream Pan is in Tustin at 602 El Camino Real.
    Go there and taste why it ended up as the 31st best eatery in America on a list that includes restaurants of all types.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-08-2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: cream puff update

• former CM

Thanks again for the better link, Ron!

I want a Dole Whip...I want a Dole Whip!!!!!!!!!!

• former CM

Yesterday I went to Sarborso and it is now my favorite Mexican restaurant! Great staff, generous servings of perfectly prepared, reasonably priced, fresh food, with attractive art on the walls, clean restrooms, and upbeat Spanish-language pop music that I've never heard before. The hot sauce served with the chips was actually hot (with habanero peppers) and delicious.

Even though it's right on Harbor Blvd., it's a little challenging to find. It's close to Harbor in a strip mall that has a Chuck E Cheese. I now like Orange County more because of this restaurant and the Cream Pan.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-13-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Yesterday I went to Sarborso and it is now my favorite Mexican restaurant! Great staff, generous servings of perfectly prepared, reasonably priced, fresh food, with attractive art on the walls, very clean restrooms, and, upbeat Spanish-language pop music thean I've never heard before. The hot sauce served with the chips was really hot (with habanero peppers) and really delicious.

Even though it's right on Harbor Blvd., it's a little challenging to find. It's close to Harbor in a strip mall that has a Chuck E Cheese. I now like Orange County more because of this restaurant and the Cream Pan.
    I will be trying this place out. We are always looking for good Mexican in the area. We've been to a couple places in the resort vicinity and they were blahhh. My wife will probably go nuts when she hears about that bakery in Tustin.

So glad I can go down the street to Lappert's Ice Cream here in Palm Springs for an authentic Dole Whip ice cream when I get the craving. Not the same atmosphere as Tiki Room though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast