• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Enchanted Journey

In 1989, the Walt Disney Company went through a metamorphosis that would bring some of the most treasured and beloved films and characters to audiences worldwide. In 1991, however, one of crowning jewels of this era came into being. Now after almost 25 years, the world of “Beauty and the Beast” will come to life in ways that has never been done in any Disney Park at all in the new attraction, “Beauty and the Beast: Belle’s Enchanted Journey”.

Overview

This new immersive experience will bring to life the world of Belle, the Beast, Gaston, Lumiere, Cogsworth, and all the other enchanted objects of the castle. It will whisk guests away through some of their favorite moments, especially the musical moments. Guests will be able to dance in the ballroom, be a guest to a magical dining extravaganza, and even experience the intensifying final battle between man and beast. Now unfortunately, in order to bring this new experience to life, they have to shutter an existing attraction. The Fantasyland Theater featuring “Mickey and the Magical Map” will take its final bows and send guests on its final adventures into the map.

The Ride Vehicle

For the first time in DL, this attraction will utilize the trackless ride system, but also utilize a motion simulator programmed into the vehicle. If you recall, the Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland is also capable of this, in terms of taking guests on a journey will simulating intense motion to become a part of the adventure. Here, the new vehicles will utilize the motion simulation in a unique way: they will "dance". So during some of the musical moments, the vehicles will spin, bounce, and even dance with other vehicles to simulate movements similar to how a person would dance to this music. Each row holds up to 2 guests, with 4 per vehicle. Each vehicle will a "character" with one male or female per "experience" that becomes the narrator for their ride. Lumiere's will be Anton and Brigette, while Cogsworth's will be Jules and Elise.

Queue
    But the ride is only a PART of the attraction experience. With every destination comes a journey, and this queue will be quite the trek. The queue will start off in Belle’s cottage, where guests walk through the front yard and home of Belle. The queue will take guests through a den, a small library, and Maurice’s workshop. After departing from the workshop, guests will travel down a dark forest path that leads them into the castle. Inside, guests will enter through a massive hallway, where- at the end- a gallery with stained glass windows lies. Through new digital mapping technology, these stained glass windows will come to life as they tell the tragic tale of the Beast. At the end of the story, two Audio-Animatronics of Lumiere and Cogsworth will appear on a pedestal, revealing Lumiere to be the narrator with a deepened voice. Here, they will give guests two options in their ride experience. Cogsworth will provide the smoother experience, while Lumiere provides a bit of a wilder experience. The two corridors travel down into a hall in the castle, where the ride vehicles wait.

Ride
    From the loading station, guests will board one of two vehicles in their "experience", and Lumiere/Cogsworth will give the safety spiel. The vehicles then depart.

Scene 1: The vehicles travel through the woods where wolves lurk in the shadows, but are not seen. The vehicle maintenance area is to the left.

Scene 2: The vehicles enter through a wooden door, where a sunrise is seen on the other side.

Scene 3.1: The villagers welcome the guests (Bonjour! Bonjour! Bonjour!), while the riders traverse through the town square. ("Belle")

Scene 3.2: Belle is seen at a fountain, where she is seen reading and singing about her "provincial life".

Scene 3.3: Gaston looks from afar, where Lefou encourages him to go for her.

Scene 4: The vehicles then travel into Gaston's Tavern, where praise is given to Gaston non-stop. ("Gaston")

Scene 5.1: The riders are taken back into the woods, where Belle is seen running off into the woods. As the vehicle explains, Belle learns of her father's disappearance, and goes off to find her.

Scene 5.2: Wolves jump out from the woods and threaten the riders.

Scene 5.3: Guests find themselves at a large door, appearing to enter a dungeon.

Scene 6: Reentering the castle, guests find themselves before a large AA Beast in front of them, where Belle is seen at her father's cell. The vehicle explains how she bravely took her father's place to keep him safe.

Scene 7: Guests travel down the castle corridors and stop at the end of a hall. Lumiere and Cogsworth appear once more, along with Mrs. Potts and Chip on a cart. Lumiere says that we are their guests and invite us to a dinner.

Scene 8: Being the largest show scene in the entire attraction, the room packs a lot. A large cake stand in the center of the room, with Lumiere on top, and several smaller foods surrounding it. Belle is seen at the end of a table enjoying the feast. ("Be Our Guest")

Scene 9: After the occasion, guests enter through a brighter corridor, where the vehicles explain how as time moved on, Belle grew accustomed to the castle.

Scene 10: Guests enter a giant library, where the Beast and Belle are seen at a fireplace together. ("Something There")

Scene 11: Entering a small hallway, Mrs. Potts- with Chip at her side- explains how one magical night brought the two together like never before. She then begins to sing the titular song.

Scene 12: Guests enter the ballroom, where Beast and Belle are dancing with each other. Here, two vehicles will face each other and dance as though they are waltzing with one another. ("Beauty and the Beast").

Scene 13: Things suddenly take a dark turn as, after entering a dark hall, guests come face-to-face- with a mirror that shows the events of Maurice being taken back home to the point where the villagers start marching out. The vehicles make 180 degree turn towards the windows, where the mob is seen marching towards the castle.

Scene 14: Entering the West Wing (with the rose right in their view), the vehicles face the giant balcony outside, where Beast and Gaston fight it out. Gaston then stabs Beast in the side and then falls to his untimely death.

Scene 15: Vehicles then (subtly) move into another room, where a dying Beast is seen with Belle over him, crying. She then says "I love you." The room goes dark as fiber optics effects simulate the Beast's transformation into human form. Beast is seen in human form, andhe and Belle embrace.

Scene 16: The vehicles reenter a brighter ballroom, where Beast (in human form) and Belle share one last dance. The vehicle take a pass through the last door as the ride finishes on a high note.

Scene 17: Guests disembark as vehicles ask guests to hurry because they could turn back at any moment!

Guests then exit down a hall and outside to the drawbridge back into Fantasyland.

The Village
    Gaston's Tavern and a gift shop take place here, along with restrooms and a newly renovated DLRR station.

Here's the entire layout It basically is the same as WDW's, but it works:

Name:  BatB Layout.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  109.0 KB

Thoughts?
    Last edited by DisneylandMaster; 03-01-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

Re: Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Enchanted Journey

Really nice! As soon as I saw pics of the B&tB restaurant in WDW, all I could do was imagine riding an omnimover through it and see all the great scenes in the movie. I think starting in the cottage is a great idea, and then moving through the wolves, etc, to the castle.

I imagined it being part of a new FL extension into what is now the Northern half of autopia, with Belle's cottage facing a square in which a short, tracked Cinderella darkride would also feature. A Peter Pan's Flight-style Aladdin ride would round it out.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

• formerly very helpful

I really like this idea. Even though Disney will never build this (since it wasn't their idea), it would be awesome if they would proceed with the same imagination that you used here.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Wow. I'm impressed! I never thought that a BatB ride was even plausible without it being a retread of TLM. But your idea is awesome and I really wish it was the real deal. My only question is what exactly would be the ride vehicle being used for the ride? What would it be shaped like?

Is it bad to say that I wish we had gotten this instead of the restaurant?
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• #bringevilback

Let's take toon town out along with FL theater and build this PLUS the Be Our Guest restaurant and gaston's tavern! We need another sit down restaurant in DL!

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Wow. I'm impressed! I never thought that a BatB ride was even plausible without it being a retread of TLM. But your idea is awesome and I really wish it was the real deal. My only question is what exactly would be the ride vehicle being used for the ride? What would it be shaped like?
    It would definitely take its inspiration from Mystic Manor in HKDL. It would take its own look and style, but have the same idea.

DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

In all honesty, THIS was a really hard ride to come up with (which could be a reason as to why there isn't a BatB ride). I tried to honor the spirit of the film without condensing its content too much, but also keeping enough interest in the riders without having them get bored after a 10 minute ride. That mirror before "The Mob Song" is a real example of how some corners are cut for story purposes in this sense.
    Last edited by DisneylandMaster; 03-03-2014 at 05:22 PM.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Anyone else want to offer feedback? I want to be able to see if this needs any more polishing.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
    Anyone else want to offer feedback? I want to be able to see if this needs any more polishing.
    It sounds like a cool ride. I hope all the FL dark rides could be greatly improved. It may take space like you are suggesting. Perhaps make each side of FL between the current Castle walls a single ride.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Let's take toon town out along with FL theater and build this PLUS the Be Our Guest restaurant and gaston's tavern! We need another sit down restaurant in DL!
    I'll second that!
    I love the creation, would be great!

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It sounds like a cool ride. I hope all the FL dark rides could be greatly improved. It may take space like you are suggesting. Perhaps make each side of FL between the current Castle walls a single ride.
    Yeah, that's why FL Theatre would work best for that. I was also thinking of it possibly becoming a multi-level attraction.
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!