Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Muppetvision updated

    Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    Please, please don't do that.
    have you ever been in the HM elevator when everyone in it is a passholder and/or regular tourist?? I had 2 elevators where everyone but me spoke along with the ghost host and nobody screamed when they saw the hanging skeleton
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  2. #17

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,929
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Muppetvision updated

    Cool....next Update the show so...it gets more then 1/3 the seat filled

  3. #18

    • The Dudester
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    385

    Re: Muppetvision updated

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    have you ever been in the HM elevator when everyone in it is a passholder and/or regular tourist?? I had 2 elevators where everyone but me spoke along with the ghost host and nobody screamed when they saw the hanging skeleton
    That is the absolute worst. I've had that on many rides, including HM and Tower of Terror. On ToT it was throughout the WHOLE ride... way to ruin it, people.

  4. #19

    • 10 Year Annual Passholder
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Disneyland... I wish.
    Posts
    1,544

    Re: Muppetvision updated

    Quote Originally Posted by LLCMC View Post
    That is the absolute worst. I've had that on many rides, including HM and Tower of Terror. On ToT it was throughout the WHOLE ride... way to ruin it, people.
    Personally, I don't have a problem with this. In fact, it's kind of fun because it lets you connect with people you don't know over your shared passion of Disney. I dunno, maybe that's just me.

    Anyways, I'd love to see a video of Constantine in the pre-show. Anyone willing to record one while they're at the parks?

    ^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 7.23.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 18

  5. #20

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5

    Re: Muppetvision updated

    Quote Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
    Personally, I don't have a problem with this. In fact, it's kind of fun because it lets you connect with people you don't know over your shared passion of Disney. I dunno, maybe that's just me.

    Anyways, I'd love to see a video of Constantine in the pre-show. Anyone willing to record one while they're at the parks?
    Because even if you've been on an attraction a thousand times, when you are standing next to a few dozen people it is always somebody's first time.

  6. #21

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,102

    Re: Muppetvision updated

    Quote Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
    Personally, I don't have a problem with this. In fact, it's kind of fun because it lets you connect with people you don't know over your shared passion of Disney. I dunno, maybe that's just me.

    Anyways, I'd love to see a video of Constantine in the pre-show. Anyone willing to record one while they're at the parks?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

  7. #22

    • Singing Drinker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Muppetvision updated

    Quote Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
    Personally, I don't have a problem with this. In fact, it's kind of fun because it lets you connect with people you don't know over your shared passion of Disney. I dunno, maybe that's just me.
    I think the reason this bothers me is that it feels like the equivalent of talking along with the dialogue in a movie in the theatre. YOU may have seen the movie a thousand times and know that Alfie is about to hug Bibi in the Magic Hippie Pit, but the people who haven't seen the movie don't, and now aren't getting to see the *movie*, they're seeing *you reciting along with the movie*.

    It alters the experience. It also can be alienating to first timers - "why am I the only person not reciting this? Why do I have no idea what is happening when it seems every other person in the room is reading and acting on a script?".

    Probably also a topic for a new thread. I can see that getting rather fighty.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

  8. #23

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    593

    Re: Muppetvision updated

    Sorry, but those people are being jerks (the nicest word I can use here to describe them). Be quiet and don't ruin the experience for everyone else, regardless if this is their first time experiencing the ride/attraction or the return guest.

  9. #24

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Muppetvision updated

    the thing I noticed was how many people knew exactly which panel was going to open up in the elevators in the mansion and went straight to those walls
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  10. #25

    • 10 Year Annual Passholder
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Disneyland... I wish.
    Posts
    1,544

    Re: Muppetvision updated

    Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I think the reason this bothers me is that it feels like the equivalent of talking along with the dialogue in a movie in the theatre. YOU may have seen the movie a thousand times and know that Alfie is about to hug Bibi in the Magic Hippie Pit, but the people who haven't seen the movie don't, and now aren't getting to see the *movie*, they're seeing *you reciting along with the movie*.

    It alters the experience. It also can be alienating to first timers - "why am I the only person not reciting this? Why do I have no idea what is happening when it seems every other person in the room is reading and acting on a script?".

    Probably also a topic for a new thread. I can see that getting rather fighty.
    What you say makes a lot of sense, and I get where you're coming from. I am a pretty reserved person so I don't do it myself, but I feel like if people do it in a respectful, not overly-loud/obnoxious way, it is okay. But I can see how it could be distracting for first timers. Hopefully you all don't think I'm a terrible person now!

    Thanks for the video, FigmentJedi!

    ^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 7.23.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 18

  11. #26

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    32

    Re: Muppetvision updated

    I don't know the words to the tower of terror video and I don't feel "left out" and you're looking way too far into. I can't imagine someone feeling left out because they don't know the words to a pre-show/show or the ride while others do.
    Other than that, if you know the words to it congrats, you have great memory and i know all the words to fantasmic and and I usually lip along to the show rather than attempt to sing haha.
    I don't think it's annoyance to speak along unless or super loud. Other than that, just do it, have fun at Disney!
    To get back on topic, can't wait to go watch the preshow at the muppets it's gonna be good addition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Remember Dreams Come True - Photos! (*updated 5-10*)
    By Dustysage in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 07:15 PM
  2. PirateMunkee Art Page has been Updated!!
    By PirateMunkee in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 08:54 PM
  3. Updated Tiki room birds?
    By disneydan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 11:22 AM
  4. Updated "Horizons" Attraction for Tomorrowland
    By JoeCool in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-30-2005, 11:27 AM
  5. FAQ Updated
    By Evil Minion in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 11:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •