Smile Planning Septeber visit

We are planning September 22-27 visit (one day at US) and want some info and opinions from the pros. Our party of 8 will include a 60 yr old, two 40 somethings, two 20 somethings, 13yr old, 4/5yr old(has a birthday while we are there), and a 1 1/2yr old. Some have been to DL before but most have not. We have done lots of hunting for tips to be sure to not miss anything important. Here are a few questions we need some help with.

Is the park hopper option necessary? Or can you stay in one park a day and still see everything? Any thoughts? Pros and Cons? None of us have visited since DCA has been opened.

Does World of Color run on a daily basis? And in late Sept. is there likely to be multiple showings?

It looks likely Fantasmic and fireworks will only be running weekends. So is it possible to go to both in one evening? If not which one? I am leaning towards Fantasmic if we have to chose.

What in your opinion, is the best Character meal to attend?

Any Birthday options we shouldn't miss?

Thanks

• formerly very helpful

Re: Planning Septeber visit

I would definately choose Fantasmic over fireworks. You may be able to see both, if you hit the fireworks first, and then bee-line straight to Rivers of America to stake a spot for Fantasmic. I'd get the park hopper, since you need more than one full day to see all of Disneyland. However, I'd not focus on seeing everything. Instead, pick out the couple of attractions for each person that are must dos, and be sure to hit those. Then, anything else is gravy. Hitting Disneyland too fast is like eating a really rich dessert too fast. You need to slow down a little to savor it. Also, travelling with the real young ones, and the life-experienced one may slow you down some.

• The doctor is in

Is the park hopper option necessary? Or can you stay in one park a day and still see everything? Any thoughts? Pros and Cons? None of us have visited since DCA has been opened.

Park Hoppers aren't really necessary, but they are great to have if you run out of things to do in one park. DCA is a lot better than it used to be, but I still find that even on busy days I am through with my time in there by 1-2pm and then head over to Disneyland. If you don't have the Park Hopper and don't have anything else you want to or can do it can get pretty disappointing.

Does World of Color run on a daily basis? And in late Sept. is there likely to be multiple showings?

World of Color is still running nightly. Sometimes there are two showings, but I think that is more of a thing during the late spring and summer and not in late September. Each time I have visited off-season it has only been done once. One weekend alternative to World of Color in DCA is Mad T Party.

It looks likely Fantasmic and fireworks will only be running weekends. So is it possible to go to both in one evening? If not which one? I am leaning towards Fantasmic if we have to chose.

You can do both Fantasmic and the fireworks. If you get a spot for Fantasmic you can watch the fireworks from the area and then see Fantasmic from the same spot. I do this every time I am there if I want to see both.

The character breakfast in the Paradise Pier hotel at the PCH Grill is the only one I've ever done. It's fun enough. You meet Mickey before you are seated and as you eat Daisy, Stitch, and Minnie walk around the tables and visit. More characters might also appear, but those are the ones I saw.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by pdjellybean View Post
    It is very convenient to hop. It almost feels like one big park since everything is so close to each other. It let you do favorite attractions easier. See the shows easier. Just a lot of flexibility.

But the crowds on the 22nd to 25th won't be too bad, so you should easily get everything done in most cases.

Yes, it shows nightly except when in refurbishment. Catch it before Friday night. It will show at 8pm when the parks are closing.

I would ideally see one on Fireworks on Friday, then right as they end go to Frontierland and watch the second showing of Fantasmic!. Then on Saturday see Fireworks if it was cancelled, which is common from wind, or F! if you missed it.

The Plaza Inn for Breakfast with Minnie and Friends.

Any Birthday options we shouldn't miss?
    Get him/her a birthday button at guest services, and wear it the whole trip.

You should also visit US on one of the weekdays before Friday.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.