Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Update: Refurbishments, 60th Aniversary Talk, and More

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I'm hoping the magic bands never make it to Anaheim. My brother ripped them after his last visit to WDW and said they sucked. I've read a lot of reviews from other people saying the same thing.
    Agreed.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

On the whole parking thing, I feel for the CMs but at the same time, at least Disney is providing the parking lot and shuttle for them. I've worked at 2 different malls, 1 made employees park offsite and shuttle in for holiday season, the other let you park anywhere any day and if you couldn't find a spot you were SOL. the one that shuttled me was farther away from my house and I could leave at a set time and always be on time. The other one, I could leave anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour before it and unfortunately sometimes the hour isn't even enough time to find the spot.

That said, Disney DRASTICALLY needs to fix the parking problems that they have going on. I have never had to worry about parking as I just take the ART shuttle or walk from the hotel to the park. But if the Toy Story lot is truly slated to become a 3rd gate at some point (I'm guessing it'll be open for the DL 75th anniversary) then they really need to get the CM structure opened up (and have it ONLY be a CM structure aka nobody without a CM ID can park there period) as well as the Pumba structure, and maybe even add a second structure between Mickey & Friends and DTD to add more parking capacity with the idea being that people coming for the 3rd gate primarily can park in pumba and for DL/DCA park in Mickey/new
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerfan3224 View Post
    According to this article, there is a possibility that they could move Star Wars Land to California Adventure to the parking lot west of the park since they have space to build it there.
    http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...-be-built.html
    Seriously, we're supposed to believe an anonymous comment that makes no sense.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    One could say the same about the MiceAge updates. They all share the same amount of credibility, as far as I'm concerned....

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• -

What makes no sense is that the article states that a Star Wars land would be a visual intrusion on the Paradise Pier Hotel... Like the parking lot it would be replacing is so much more visually appealing. Star Wars has no place in CA Adventure anyway, I just thought that line was amusing.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    A quick technical side-note: A 4k digital projection of Soarin' is actually a downgrade in image quality from the current 70mm film showing. However, digital comes with no image degradation and probable lower maintenance costs, and the thinking is you're not liable to see the difference anyway. So yes, maybe the term HD is correct, but it's actually Soarin' now-in-slightly-less-HD.
    I believe the design is actually using multiple projectors to create a composite image of higher quality instead of just a single 4k image.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Even if it adds to your workday for no extra pay?
    Let's see...yes.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    One could say the same about the MiceAge updates. They all share the same amount of credibility, as far as I'm concerned....
    That's just plain silly. MiceAge has a pretty phenomenal overall record and they stand behind what they write. Sure, Al's less involved, but I still think that most of what they say at least comes from people within the company. Their sources may not always be right, but at least they have sources. And nobody can ever get everything right when things are constantly in flux. One the other hand, this rumor was based on a completely anonymous post that could be from anyone. In my experience, a rumor like this one comes from someone who wants this to happen and really has no inside sources whatsoever.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Actually, the article was saying that PP Hotel would be a visual intrusion into Star Wars Land in that location, not the other way around. I agree with that, one more reason that this rumor sounds bogus.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

That's just plain silly. MiceAge had a pretty phenomenal overall record and they stand behind what they write.
    Fixed that for you.

I'll grant you that this was true in years past. However, since last year the "news" has been pretty hit-or-miss. "Star Wars Land is coming!"..... "Ooops, no it's not because MM+ is too expensive". Even the wording within the updates themselves has changed from definite statements to "it's possible this could happen". How is that any better than anonymous rumors?

The most common reply to the so called news updates among longtime members is "I'll believe it when I see it." How is anyone supposed to put stock into these updates when even the longtime members don't believe them? And I get called silly.....? Please.....

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, nobody really has to believe the various rumors that are told on this site. We're just here to read what the rumors are, express what we prefer and wait to see if they come true or not. In the meantime none of us should take these things so seriously to the point where we start criticizing the person who started the rumors. Things get changed within the company at a moment's notice. So let's all relax and just enjoy the speculations.

• Minion

Yeah, really the only thing I can think of that, as of the past couple of months, MiceAge (originally) called correctly was the Jingle Cruise. I can't think of anything else, anyone want to help me out?

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Disney is certainly making it easy for us to save our $4000+ that we normally spend on vacation at the resort. Marketing nostalgia ain't gonna cut it.

• Resident Ghost

Okay, so about the Cast Member - Angels Stadium parking situation...

I understand that whole section is written by someone really bothered by the inconvenience, but this part makes no sense at all:

Vanpooling is also a nice option for TDA folks who can commit to a set Monday-Friday schedule, but the vast majority of park Cast Members are hourly shift workers with varying daily schedules and signing up for a vanpool isn’t an option, even if there was one available on a Sunday morning (there isn’t). Biking or walking is also a nice option for those who live that close to the park, but if they do live that close there would be no need to bike out to Angel Stadium to take a bus back down Katella to the park
    First of all, the parking announcement was released early enough that vanpooling options could be planned. I could understand if the announcement was given until a couple days prior...

Second, I don't even understand the walking or biking part. What does biking or walking to the Stadium have to do with anything? I'm sure there are people close enough to bike or walk that drive just because they can. But if they can't park in Katella lot for a day, they might as well just walk rather than park even farther away...?

Yeah, that whole paragraph confuses me...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

It all sounds good to me...I might have to get an AP again when the 60th comes around

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast