Thread: Crowds

Crowds

I have been trying to plan my visits during off seasons. In the past this has proven to be low on crowds, but now I wonder if it's actually better to go during peak times? Or more specifically, aiming to go when AP's are blocked out...

Or, is it just anyone's guess at this point and the park attendance for one reason or another is spreading itself more throughout the year? If that is the case, then would it be in Disney's best interest to offer the same park hours and entertainment all year? I'm sure that would put a lot of stress on the park to operate at that level all of the time.

So, to keep an "off" season, what would need to be adjusted? Raise prices on AP's? Or is peak season turning into the new "off" season? It just doesn't seem to make sense to go with less offered and shorter hours if the crowds are insane still.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Crowds

Not all AP's are blocked out. And we have no way of knowing how many of those Premier AP's have been sold and how many of them will show up at 6PM on a Summer Saturday night.

There was once a time, during the recession, when the tourist traffic slowed. That time is past.

This particular off-season has been hit with more major refurbs all at once than past years.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

From experience, the end of August is a great time to go. Definitely not that many people but the temperatures are still great. This year, we're going mid-September. Hoping it's amazing!

• Chief Troublemaker

End of August would be a good time, except the weeks before/after Labor Day I'd assume!

DH & I went 9/16-9/21/2012 and it was a great time to be there. All the Hallowe'en decor was up but no parties scheduled. Crowds were very light, but it was hotter than a popcorn fart! Sept & Oct can have some of the hottest days of the year in So Cal. Luckily I grew up there & we were able to pack accordingly!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Vidia's Minion

"hotter than a popcorn fart"

ROFL! *added to vocabulary*

yup.....that vocab came from somewhere waaay.........out there!!!

There is going to be special events and conventions year round. The off season is basically a myth anymore. The park is still packed when APs are blocked. The park is usually less crowded in the first and last few hours it is open. It is more during the last morning and afternoon.

Disney is constantly doing promotions or special events to get people into the parks during the "off season."

They would have some government hurdles to leap to offer the same entertainment (ie. fireworks) every day, but there may come a time when Fantasmic is daily for a longer portion of the year.

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

I've always planned in the month of October and it was great. The lines were not that long and the weather was perfect. I even went on Thanksgiving Day last year and it was not a huge crowd. We waited in line for IJA and SM for 20 minutes. The only ride we didn't get on was RSR because it broke down twice.
    I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

• Here's my 2 cents

if I remember correctly about 1/2 of all AP's are premium passes (but don't hold me to it, its been a long time since I heard the info) which would be about 500,000. during the Summer most of the AP's are blocked most of July and August,
    I reject your reality and substitute my own