Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Meh

Re: Elsa on the Matterhorn?

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    You're right. They forgot to mention Olaf.
    Lol

But seriously, this just sounds like a rumor to me..
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PhonyKingOfEngland View Post
    While a Frozen overlay of the Matterhorn TDA would never try, but I wouldn't mind, and would expect, a Frozen addition to Storybookland Canal Boats. Anyone agree?
    No. I'd rather see a Tangled tower, or something else. And the idea of a Frozen overlay for Matterhorn stuns me. No, no, NO.

Frozen is overrated.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

•   
    • Minion

Honestly I wish they would just make a dark ride for their more successful movies. How much space and money could they possible take up and it would add so much charm to the parks. Adding her to the Matterhorn doesn't do anything to the attraction to better it. Fixing the seats on the other hand would.

When I say dark rides I am thinking more along the lines of Alice, peter pan caliber versus the little mermaid style which is so big and doesn't accomplish much of a story. The little ones pack quite a punch. They could fit in some of these over by IASW imo and make a little FL dark ride area 2. I would say Frozen could end up in that as well as BatB maybe something else.

I love Frozen, I think it's a great movie, however, DON'T MESS WITH THE MATTERHORN.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Honestly I wish they would just make a dark ride for their more successful movies. How much space and money could they possible take up and it would add so much charm to the parks. Adding her to the Matterhorn doesn't do anything to the attraction to better it. Fixing the seats on the other hand would.

When I say dark rides I am thinking more along the lines of Alice, peter pan caliber versus the little mermaid style which is so big and doesn't accomplish much of a story. The little ones pack quite a punch. They could fit in some of these over by IASW imo and make a little FL dark ride area 2. I would say Frozen could end up in that as well as BatB maybe something else.
    Honestly, not a bad idea - kinda like a World's Fair pavilion. Put down a reusable grid attachment structure on for the floor and ceiling to attach ride tracks, support structures, animatronics and effects to, have a base set of walls and deco pieces likely to be reused from version to version (trees, woodland critters, super empowered princesses etc.) and you could create a "Flavor of the Year" type of ride that would fulfill a desire for a movie-based ride quickly and hopefully effectively and cheaply. Then, in a few years when the next "big thing" hits, quick layout/deco swap and track rearrangement and you have a functionally new ride. Beauty and the Beast becomes Toy Story becomes Tangled becomes Frozen forever and ever, amen.

You'd also have the advantage of having a head start if something becomes monster enough over decades to merit a true, permanent ride.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I'd rather see Anna and Elsa get a home in the old motor boat cruise area where the Matterhorn is still in view and Maybe Elsa's caste could be made in miniature and visible from within their area but not from any area you would see it while riding the Matterhorn itself
    I second this. Make the queue long enough to support the massive demand to see Anna and Elsa and give Rapunzel and Flynn Rider back their old room.

• Small Worlds of Walt

They could re-use the animatronic Olaf from the meet n' greet to sit right over the tunnel you enter from the loading platform. The sleds stop there for just enough time to get a few words from him.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F View Post
    They could re-use the animatronic Olaf from the meet n' greet to sit right over the tunnel you enter from the loading platform. The sleds stop there for just enough time to get a few words from him.
    "DURHUR, Don'chewwish ya could just slide past wittout listening to me?"
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Take Pooh, please. My first record (vinyl LP) was "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day" but that Pooh ride is just ... oh man it hurts my head to think about it.

• keh!

That... is such a ridiculous rumor.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    That... is such a ridiculous rumor.
    That's what I thought when they first announced the idea of turning Hollywoodland into Monstropolis.

The ideas and rumors that come from Disney are more terrifying than exciting these days.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Senior Minion

I'd put money down that this rumor was started by another post recently on this site.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

lol never

I would not mind...some sort of hidden little prop in there like a box that said its from the kingdom or something....heck maybe even hiding the Oalf animationic when they're done with it...in one of the dark caves sure....but don't make this a Frozen ride....as much as i love the move...please no more movie tie in to Original rides

• Greetings, Program!

Oh lord have mercy. Enough with the Frozen crap.

I love Disney films but the sheer overexposure has killed my desire to see it at all.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Queen Elsa

I don't like the Matterhorn or any of that kind of ride so having Frozen in there will not bring me to go on it. I'm terrafride of rides like that. I love Frozen and I would love to see some kind of ride or show to do with it. I love the movie the songs all but Fixer Upper and Demi's verison of Let It Go. I didn't think there was to many songs it was about the same that Little Mermaid or Cinderella would have. I could watch this movie every day and not get tire of it. I have a friend that has seen the movie 10 times now. I really don't understand why the haters don't like this movie to me it's the Ultimate Disney movie that has been missing from all these years.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast