Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MaliBOOMer

Re: Elsa on the Matterhorn?

That sounds horrible.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Isn't the setting for Frozen based on Norway? So why would they be in a Switzerland mountain?
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

•   
    • Minion

That would be kind of silly. And to nitpick: I know the location given in the film is a fictional kingdom, but it's loosely inspired by a Hans Christen Andersen story, and as per the art director, it's visually set in Norway. And the names used - Olaf, Kristoff, Hans, Anna - back that up. So to put Elsa in the Matterhorn they'd be breaking away from the movie and moving her several thousand miles south of where she's supposed to be. And if they wanted to just re-theme the entire thing so it's not a Swiss mountain anymore...well, it would be kind of weird to tell people that an exact scale replica of the Matterhorn actually isn't the Matterhorn.

ETA: LOL, Mondo, I just saw your post! You must have posted while I was writing since we're a minute apart. Great minds think alike.

simple: gut ToonTown, add more fantasyland. Worked for florida...

Quote Originally Posted by Brisk View Post
    simple: gut ToonTown, add more fantasyland. Worked for florida...
    yes!
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    Isn't the setting for Frozen based on Norway? So why would they be in a Switzerland mountain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    That would be kind of silly. And to nitpick: I know the location given in the film is a fictional kingdom, but it's loosely inspired by a Hans Christen Andersen story, and as per the art director, it's visually set in Norway. And the names used - Olaf, Kristoff, Hans, Anna - back that up. So to put Elsa in the Matterhorn they'd be breaking away from the movie and moving her several thousand miles south of where she's supposed to be. And if they wanted to just re-theme the entire thing so it's not a Swiss mountain anymore...well, it would be kind of weird to tell people that an exact scale replica of the Matterhorn actually isn't the Matterhorn.

ETA: LOL, Mondo, I just saw your post! You must have posted while I was writing since we're a minute apart. Great minds think alike.
    Same reason an English bear is in the backwoods of the American South.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Same reason an English bear is in the backwoods of the American South.
    Yeah, but the English bear isn't actually inside a ride that puts him in the American South. His ride has his story's correct setting. So it's not the same. In this case they're talking about putting a Scandinavian character into a ride that is set in the Swiss Alps. It's akin to putting Peter Pan as a character in the Tiki Room. Or putting Alice in Wonderland into Space Mountain.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Yeah, but the English bear isn't actually inside a ride that puts him in the American South. His ride has his story's correct setting. So it's not the same. In this case they're talking about putting a Scandinavian character into a ride that is set in the Swiss Alps. It's akin to putting Peter Pan as a character in the Tiki Room. Or putting Alice in Wonderland into Space Mountain.
    I really do not see the difference between an anachronism in an attraction and an anachronism inside a land. For years now I have been told repeatedly that people do not know and people do not care if the individual items are done well and the aesthetics match. This idea just seems to be a perfect match for what so many say is the new reality of Disneyland.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I really do not see the difference between an anachronism in an attraction and an anachronism inside a land. For years now I have been told repeatedly that people do not know and people do not care if the individual items are done well and the aesthetics match. This idea just seems to be a perfect match for what so many say is the new reality of Disneyland.
    Well, we'll have to disagree there. An anachronism is something out of time, not out of place, so this isn't one. Disney might plunk rides down in lands/etc. and there might be debates about whether they belong, but they always theme the insides of those rides faithfully to whatever the character or story is- this would be a departure from that.

• Minion

^^^ Not always. Monsters doesn't fit in Hollywood Land, in no way, shape or form lol.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    ^^^ Not always. Monsters doesn't fit in Hollywood Land, in no way, shape or form lol.
    *sigh* I think I already said three times that I was talking about what was IN the ride, not what was AROUND the rides. Everything INSIDE the Monsters Inc. attraction is Monsters; they don't have Mater or Mary Poppins hanging out in there. That's the point. The entire RIDE ITSELF is themed appropriately. The placement of the rides in the various lands isn't the same issue as the placement of unrelated elements WITHIN the rides.

• Minion

Oohh, I see. My misunderstandings. Sorry about that.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Oohh, I see. My misunderstandings. Sorry about that.
    No worries at all. I am sorry if I snapped there!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Oh lord have mercy. Enough with the Frozen crap.

I love Disney films but the sheer overexposure has killed my desire to see it at all.
    what....I mean sure I think its a little over hyped but no go see it...I have no clue why you didn't see the biggest Disney film in the last ten years when your a Disney fan

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    what....I mean sure I think its a little over hyped but no go see it...I have no clue why you didn't see the biggest Disney film in the last ten years when your a Disney fan
    Just because we're Disney fans, it automatically means we need to see their hit films? I know others who are turned of from seeing Frozen as well, and they're Disney fans. Nothing wrong with that.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast