View Poll Results: What do you want to see as far as Night Time Parades go for Disneyland's 60th

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bring back Main Street Electrical Parade

18 51.43%
  • Ship Paint the Night over from Hong Kong

0 0%
  • Build a new custom tailored version of Spectromagic

1 2.86%
  • I don't want to see a night time parade for the 60th

2 5.71%
  • A completely new nighttime parade

17 48.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• Minion

Thoughts on Night Time Parade for the 60th

Just curious to see what people think about possibly putting in a night time parade for the 60th anniversary since there have been a lot of rumors. The reason I randomly threw Spectromagic on here is that a lot of people (particularly Floridians) have complained about the demise of this parade and I wonder if a new, smaller iteration could be built for Disneyland if shipping Paint the Night or Electrical Parade to Anaheim is not feasible. It would almost be like Disneyland and WDW swapped night time parades essentially but would be a completely new Spectro that's built exclusively for California.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Re: Thoughts on Night Time Parade for the 60th

I voted for MSEP. It needs to come back to its ORIGINAL Main Street. Not WDW's. However, with that being said it needs to be refurbished a bit after WDW's usage. Starting off with the Tinkerbell unit, the original leaf balloon needs to come back on the hot air balloon, the new "walnut" like balloon looks way to plain and awkward. It was an extremely unnecessary change. Next up, with the drum unit, the flags need to be updated to read "D" for disneyland vs the Mickey silhouettes. The drum itself must say "Main Street Electrical Parade" and not "Disney's" anymore. Then I would prefer if the circus unit was brought back into the parade. It was always a major part that I truly miss. The whole parade would need to be properly synced to the music unlike how it is in WDW. The parade floats over there are an absolute eye sore because of their improper syncing.

• Minion

I think the MSEP is looking old and tired. If they completely redid it, like at Tokyo Disneyland, I'd be quite happy for it to come back, otherwise I'd want a new parade.

• Minion

ORDDU: Our vote goes for a completely new night time parade that is unique and even more appealing than the Electrical parade.

• Meh

I miss MSEP, I'm thinking this new parade is going to be updated, new and fun to watch.. At least I hope so!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Special Agent

The Main Street Electrical Parade is a relic from a bygone era. It belongs in a museum.

I picked no nighttime parade. The park seems crowded enough as it is and unless they are going to give up the fireworks or Fantasmic, I'd rather not endure the guest control headaches.

The MSEP needs to be permanently retired. Don't get me wrong... I love that parade. But it's 2014 and it's time for something new and fresh with updated technology. I don't really understand the purpose of bringing back the MSEP except for its nostalgia. That will get old and tired very fast. Why waste the time and money in trying to maintain an old parade when they can invest in something new and more spectacular?

• Minion

I loved MSEP, but I'm not a parade person anymore. I voted for MSEP just for the memories. However, when I'm at Disneyland, I'm not going to spend my time waiting for and watching a parade.

• The doctor is in

Bring back the Main Street Electrical. If the theme of nostalgia is predicted it would be a perfect fit.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    The MSEP needs to be permanently retired. Don't get me wrong... I love that parade. But it's 2014 and it's time for something new and fresh with updated technology. I don't really understand the purpose of bringing back the MSEP except for its nostalgia. That will get old and tired very fast. Why waste the time and money in trying to maintain an old parade when they can invest in something new and more spectacular?
    Whenever I see people say this I want to ask them "should Fantasmic also be retired?" I don't see how Fantasmic can be there for more than 20 years and people not say the same about it. Bring back MSEP even if it is more updated like Tokyo's parade the music, train/drum, peter pan's ship, Dopey driving the mine cart, and the American Eagle/flag units are the ones I care about staying the same and the rest I am ok with updates like adding Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Tangled, etc
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Whenever I see people say this I want to ask them "should Fantasmic also be retired?" I don't see how Fantasmic can be there for more than 20 years and people not say the same about it. Bring back MSEP even if it is more updated like Tokyo's parade the music, train/drum, peter pan's ship, Dopey driving the mine cart, and the American Eagle/flag units are the ones I care about staying the same and the rest I am ok with updates like adding Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Tangled, etc
    Definitely if they bring MSEP back it should definitely be updated, I mean if one looks at Spectromagic, it essentially was an upgraded version of MSEP. If they updated the movie lineup and introduced new technology (I think that MSEP would be a fun parade to "glow" along with) I don't think we'd run into the problem of it "aging" so quickly like it seems a lot of people are afraid of.

• Under that tree again!

I don't want the exact MSEP to return, but for nostalgia they should use elements of the Baroque Hoedown music, and use a few of the same float themes with new designs/technology.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I get what you are saying. But just as a personal response, I wouldn't mind seeing something new take Fantasmic's place as well. I'm a huge fan of the show as most people are but I'm also all for change (for the better of course). Even after the upgrades its had over the years, it's already starting to show its age.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I don't want the exact MSEP to return, but for nostalgia they should use elements of the Baroque Hoedown music, and use a few of the same float themes with new designs/technology.
    If they do a new parade, I definitely think that Baroque Hoedown should be in there somewhere if it isn't the main theme for the soundtrack. I feel like they could go with an non synthesized orchestral version like the one that plays for Instant Concert for DCA and that sounds very nice as well. I just hope it doesn't become a last minute afterthought like it was at the end of Light Tragic.

• Former Churro Jockey

Well, I had to endure Light Magic twice a night during the summer of '97, and as awful as it was, the show did at least LOOK amazing. I wish they'd do another fiber optic night parade only make it good this time. I don't like the music to MSEP (probably because I had to listen to it far too many times during the Farewell Season in '96) so I'd prefer a different parade, but I'd be okay if they took the MSEP floats and upgraded them to fiber optics instead of light bulbs, and then changed the music.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html