Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Minion

Re: Costumes Outside the Park

Quote Originally Posted by nerdycm View Post
    Now there's a universal maternity costume for all roles. It's a plain white shirt and blue pants. I think costuming likes them to keep the hat from the original costume if the hat was a required piece for the original. It seriously through me off when I first started working there and thought one of my co-CMs in a safety position had wandered off. The costume size issue is still a big problem, especially if for more senior CMs with more knowledge. I'm cross-trained at enough locations to where next week I could in theory have to check out 3-5 different costumes and return the 2 I have right now. When you cross-train to more places they don't up the number of costumes you can check out for some reason Finding the right size pants for me is tricky since I don't fall in the "wider waist" population that Costuming has shifted their inventory towards.

So everytime I have to check out a new set of pants is a gamble. They literally didn't have a pair of pants my size for an obscure costume one morning so I worked about an hour with pants too short. A lead saw me and said I should head back to Costuming. I told him they didn't have my size but he told me to check anyway. Luckily a pair of pants got washed/turned in but I could have been stuck waiting for a pair of pants for another hour. In fact, since some pants are shared by Foods, Merchandise, and Attractions I would have waited even longer had that shift been in the afternoon/evening, the times when Foods and Merchandise are eating the most costume pieces.
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

It's definitely been a long time since I worked there. 20 years now. It seems the range of costume sizes was a lot different from what it is now. Costumes sizes went up only so far and that was it.

I just came across a story on DISNEYLAND LIVE's Facebook page about DTD employees drunk at Trader Sam's while still in uniform.

https://www.facebook.com/DLandLive/p...52333875024627

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    I just came across a story on DISNEYLAND LIVE's Facebook page about DTD employees drunk at Trader Sam's while still in uniform.

https://www.facebook.com/DLandLive/p...52333875024627

Reading through it, they did say that they were DTD employees (as you already said), and clarified that they were not actually DL CMs.
    But you would still think that working in DTD they would still have to follow some sort of guidelines if they were on site and still in uniform.

As a current cast member I can confirm that we ARE allowed to wash our own costume if we choose or we can take it to costuming to be washed and risk losing our size, which is no fun.

Also Malina, thank you for being so informed on this topic. A lot of guests don't understand because they have never been backstage. I am grateful I can take my costume home. It saves me lots of time. I didn't know there was so much negativity towards CMs.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Considering all the crap CMs have to go through on a most likely daily basis, I'd give them a break for having to wear their costume outside the park. Its a nightmare for them to just get to work today with parking being farther and farther away for CMS all the time
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    Reading through it, they did say that they were DTD employees (as you already said), and clarified that they were not actually DL CMs.
    But you would still think that working in DTD they would still have to follow some sort of guidelines if they were on site and still in uniform.
    They have to follow the same guidelines and a regular DL or DCA CM. I know the guy who managed the Sunglass Hut when it first opened up and they had to go through Disney training. They're supposed to basically be CM's outside the parks and even off the clock.
    It's a shame that this guy had to go through this. I'd be upset too. The least they could've done was change their clothes or visited another bar off the DLR. It's not like Orange County doesn't have a million bars.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456