Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney Dork

Motor boat cruise ideas?

Am I the only one who thinks that this is prime real estate for a ride. I think they should put the motor boats back in that area and put a theme of some sort for it. Maybe a Frozen theme?

What are your ideas?
    All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you

-Walter Elias Disney

• Done with MC.

Re: Motor boat cruise ideas?

It's a beautiful area and I too would like to see them utilize the space. An updated MB cruise would be OK but a new original attraction would be even better IMO.

• -

Gummy Glen
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Gummy Glen
    Love this idea.

• Hooterville, USA

Not sure how big that area is. What could you put there that would fit?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I've always thought they should use the lake and rebuild Captain Hook's ship that was lost in the 1983 Fantasyland makeover.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

From overhead maps, it looks like part of the motorboat cruise lagoon may have been cut off, at some point, but I really don't know because I was pretty young the only time that I rode it. Has it always been oddly shaped?

I think that putting a Pirate ship, or something along those lines, into the old motorboat lagoon, would be cool. Unfortunately, the large section of Monorail track, that cuts right down the middle of the space above that area, would prevent anything large to be placed there.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    From overhead maps, it looks like part of the motorboat cruise lagoon may have been cut off, at some point, but I really don't know because I was pretty young the only time that I rode it. Has it always been oddly shaped?

I think that putting a Pirate ship, or something along those lines, into the old motorboat lagoon, would be cool. Unfortunately, the large section of Monorail track, that cuts right down the middle of the space above that area, would prevent anything large to be placed there.
    The Motorboat Cruise lagoon used to weave under the Autopia tracks, and went all the way to the edge of the Sub lagoon. The Autopia remake and subsequent filling in of much of those waterways has lowered the amount of real estate in this area, but there's still a sizeable enough plot of land to place a nice dark ride.

Hmm...for starters I think Merida needs to move to the Princess Fair or the Fantasyland expansion if that ever happens. Depending on Fantasyland/Frontierland land expansions, the Fantasyland Theater and Mickey's slightly expensive Magical Map might need to be moved over to the current Motorboat cruise area/Small World mall. However, for the longest time I've had the idea of a Kingdom Hearts attraction in this place. The transition would be even less awkward if the Speeder bikes are zooming up and around the Monorail track anyway.

In terms of hourly counts, ideally we'd get an Omnimover dark ride or maybe a tracked dark ride with Monsters Inc./Roger Rabbit/Snow White tech/budget. However, since Small World already eats a ton of people and could potentially eat even more with a low budget update, a low output interactive interaction is feasible if it can generate waits throughout the day.

With the disappearance of the Sword and the Stone ceremony, every Defender of Fantasyland is given a Keyblade to fight off multiple villains and unlock doors as they walk/run/climb from scene to scene. The playground segments require the Keyblade to be handed to a CM to upgrade it. The fact that it's unsafe to carry an expensive, interactive sword up a rock-climbing wall up Bald Mountain has nothing to do with it Motion-tracking tech coupled with multiple gyroscopes in each Keyblade make each battle with a villain in a miniature planetarium-style show building extra realistic. The playground segments serve as transitions between each mini planetarium and the projection effects on each playground change depending on which villain you'll face in the next planetarium.

In terms of story, I've never played Kingdom Hearts all the way though so I figured the Imagineers can throw something together about helping Sora save Fantasyland from the Heartless/various villains from the games. Hopefully they'd pick villains that won't clash when placed in Fantasyland.(No Oogie Boogie. Scar and Jafar are maybes.) For kicks and giggles maybe a Sora animatronic can be placed in the queue since it will satisfy whatever vice president/manager/creative director approved the Jack Sparrow animatronic.

Each planetarium also contains a "friends area". Parents and non-adventurous types can cheer on their hero during battle. High-volume cheers unlock special abilities in the Keyblade for their hero to use.(Microphones embedded near the "friends area" track decibel levels during the friends segments of the showdown.)

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

I've said it before and I'll say it again (because I can): the perfect fit between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland = Treasure Planet. It may not have been a giant hit, but it was a really good animated flick and provides LOTS of theme and source material from which an awesome attraction could be built.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Minion

I think this area lends itself well to a new iteration of the boat ride, one that could be a hybrid of Frozen inspired and then Marc Davis' original Snow Queen concept. As I mentioned on another thread, I'd like to see them rip out anything North of the sub lagoon and the former small world extended queue/merida meet n greet and build a giant complex with an Alpine themed train ride (think of a rethemed Natures Wonderland), Frozen Boat Ride, and a reworked Autopia all criss crossing one another and sharing some spectacular show scenes, topped by the Monorail gliding over head and you have a wonderful expansion of Fantasyland. Also, you could make a "subland" of fantasyland into an Alpine Village of some sorts and use the Matterhorn as the visual landmark.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

A larger and wilder version of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. It would take place partly indoors, in a new, grander Toad Hall, and partly outdoors, in either a river or Wild Wood scene. The cars would be a little bit bigger, with the ride system being a sort of miniature lovechild between Indiana Jones and Radiator Springs Racers. As much as I love the original ride, I don't think it quite lives up to the "Wild" part of its name.

Its probably a bit ambitious for just the Motor Boat space, so it would have to eat up some of Autopia's space if/when that goes away. Also, this would open up space for a new dark ride in Fantasyland proper.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDiz View Post
    I've always thought they should use the lake and rebuild Captain Hook's ship that was lost in the 1983 Fantasyland makeover.

It was my understanding that when they remodeled Fantasyland it was their intention to reuse the pirate ship, but it was already badly rotted, and fell apart.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDiz View Post

I love this idea!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

THE RESCUERS---Board an Evanrude powered leaf to help Bianca and Bernard rescue Penny...watch out for angry alligators.

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast