• No, get rid of it

30 22.39%
  • who cares

30 22.39%
  • as long as there is another option nearby I'm happy

12 8.96%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

• The "zip" in your doo dah

Re: What do you think of Starbucks being in Disneyland?

Wow! I can't believe that this thread is still up and running - or that many of the comments are so vehemently opposed to a having a popular, predictably good cup of coffee available in the parks. For me ... it's a great addition!

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
    Personally, I would have preferred Starbucks to not look so generic in both Disneyland and DCA. The Downtown Disney one is pretty awesome looking though, especially at night. I still think they're missing a huge opportunity by not having the mermaid wearing Mickey Ears, but that's a whole different conversation.

My choice is not to buy Starbucks in the parks since I can get that anywhere. I'll stick to churros, dole whip, etc. which I can't get the exact same flavor from other places. Do I say boycott Starbucks? No. But I can choose to get coffee or snacks elsewhere in the parks.
    That's exactly how I see it. Generic, and boring, and just.... does it really have to be something so common? I haven't seen the DTD one (though I don't have any objection to a SB being there).

Quote Originally Posted by MonteJ View Post
    Wow! I can't believe that this thread is still up and running - or that many of the comments are so vehemently opposed to a having a popular, predictably good cup of coffee available in the parks. For me ... it's a great addition!
    Only some of us are actually upset about the *coffee*. It's the building and it's dullness that upsets us. Though I will disagree with good in relation to SB. It's predictable and it's available, but there is better coffee available and I wish they were there in the parks.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Like the original op I dont drink coffee & their cocoa is meh. I do like a frappe once in awhile. However I dont have snooty taste & the mcdonalds ones are just as good to me as starbucks.

Which one?
    I love the scene in Shreck, when being attached by the giant Ginger Bread, customers run out of one Starbuck's into the Starbuck's across the street....
    The coffee is good, the pastries good, the service good... I get a lot of SB gift cards and can use them there, so...
    it works for us...

and it it better than La Brea Bakery, and much cleaner.... (unless they have cleaned since we stopped eating there last year, after seeing them pour dirty water from the bottom of the overfilled steam table, with the old food and mix it into the new... yewwwww (La Brea that is) and the dirty outside seating... same spilled chocolate on one chair, for four months)

If I fell really fussy about my coffee (or something related) I look for a Peet's.... but they don't have the power to swing a Disneyland location ;-)

I just hope they don't put too big a dent in Holiday's business... also very good service, Latte and pastries
    the cranberry scone a fave of mine

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Like the original op I dont drink coffee & their cocoa is meh. I do like a frappe once in awhile. However I dont have snooty taste & the mcdonalds ones are just as good to me as starbucks.
    I don't know what it says about me, but I GREATLY prefer the McDonald's frappes to Starbucks... plus they're half the price.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• "Always On The Move..."

I love having Starbucks in the parks. I thought that they did the best job possible with the refurb. Now I used to only pick up Starbucks on the way to and from the parks on my long drive as a pick me up. Never a regular customer. However since Costco and my store quite carrying my favorite brand, I went and picked up a pound of their Pike Place coffee to try as a replacement. I have to say that it is my new favorite. As for the change on Main Street, does this mean that we need to go back to having everything original (like the bra shop). Hmmm, actually getting my bras at Disneyland would be pretty cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I don't know what it says about me, but I GREATLY prefer the McDonald's frappes to Starbucks... plus they're half the price.
    I love McDonalds coffee, more than I do Starbucks. I pick one up everyday before work. Plus the coffee is only a dollar for any size!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213