62 46.27%
  • No, get rid of it

30 22.39%
  • who cares

30 22.39%
  • as long as there is another option nearby I'm happy

12 8.96%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Re: What do you think of Starbucks being in Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Actually it adds variety to Main Street for me. The only thing that is BLAND in my opinion is Nescafe
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    Actually it adds variety to Main Street for me. The only thing that is BLAND in my opinion is Nescafe
    Hmm..
    From this:
    Name:  MarketHouse.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  233.2 KB

To this:

Name:  DSC00818-Large.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  133.0 KB

Equals bland IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Minion

Interesting side-by-side comparison, Mike. Wow! One looks charming, turn of the century. The other looks corporate (with a tad of personality).
    As for Starbucks being on every corner. It's pretty amazing that this is not an exaggeration.
    I've been in places where I've seen them across the street from each other.

Hmm..
    From this:
    Name:  MarketHouse.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  233.2 KB

To this:

Name:  mh1.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  10.5 KB

Equals bland IMO.

It might just be a personal opinion, but I hardly call that bland. Yes there is much less going on in the second photo but the thing that catches my eye is the lack of tons super colorful Disney merchandise that doesn't really fit the turn of the century theme for me (and also can be found at the giant Emporium across the street) while in the second photo I see lots of muted wood tones and a nice wood ceiling that fits the theme perfectly. Are the queue lines a bit of an eyesore? Yes, they could have done that better but I don't see how it doesn't fit in with the rest of Main Street.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

It might just be a personal opinion, but I hardly call that bland. Yes there is much less going on in the second photo but the thing that catches my eye is the lack of tons super colorful Disney merchandise that doesn't really fit the turn of the century theme for me (and also can be found at the giant Emporium across the street) while in the second photo I see lots of muted wood tones and a nice wood ceiling that fits the theme perfectly. Are the queue lines a bit of an eyesore? Yes, they could have done that better but I don't see how it doesn't fit in with the rest of Main Street.
    Yes, it is a personal opinion thing but to say that the colorful Disney merch doesn't fit with the turn of the century theme while
    the colorful Starbucks merch found in every Starbucks on every street corner does is confusing to say the least.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Yes, it is a personal opinion thing but to say that the colorful Disney merch doesn't fit with the turn of the century theme while
    the colorful Starbucks merch found in every Starbucks on every street corner does is confusing to say the least.
    I personally don't mind the Starbucks merchandise and I don't think its really intrusive on the theme (or at Fidler Fifer and Practical either). It definitely is something that is a personal opinion though.

•   
    • Minion

I'm fine with the brand being in Disneyland. There have been all sorts of brands of coffee and other drinks and food in the park since opening day; Starbucks is just one more. Showing the Starbucks logo clandestinely is no different than showing a Coca-Cola or Welch's logo, as has been done at the park before, IMHO.

I do agree that there should be other options. Not everyone is into Starbucks.

I also think that if Starbucks is present inside Disneyland, they should still be integrated into the theme of the land they're in. I don't mind the Starbucks in DCA at all. I DO mind what they did to the Market House, and I think it really could have been themed better. Honestly, even if they'd just stained the wood it would have been infinitely better. But that's something we've already discussed ad nauseaum on this website.
    Last edited by Malina; 03-10-2014 at 06:28 PM.

• The doctor is in

I don't drink coffee so the Starbucks doesn't matter to me. I went in there to see what it looked like and all I really have to say is at least they kept the classic Main Street look.

The downside is all the random Starbucks cups being dumped around the park. I saw cups placed in the queue of Indy, in the Pirates queue, and around the Rivers of America.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Minion

My opinion on the matter is too varied to choose any of the options in the poll.

I have no problem with Starbucks being in the parks, I welcome the coffee change to something more palatable, even though in general I'm not much of a coffee drinker. But I don't love the execution. FF&P is fine, but what they did to The Market House is horrible and sad, IMO. Except for The Book Nook.

Two issues here: The building itself, and the coffee they serve.

Few people mourn the loss of Nescafe and the addition of SB coffee. Myself included.

Several of us mourn the loss of the cute buildings and the ... way it makes the parks seem more ordinary.

But as much as I resist the SB in the parks themselves, I'm perfectly happy with putting one in DTD.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Yeah. I think it's the queue that throws me off too. Takes the intimacy away from it.
    But then again, we're talking Starbucks. You knew they were going to have to revamp the old Market House with a queueing system that resembles an E ticket attraction.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    Exactly! It was there since opening day with Walt. My opinion is probably biased since I live close to Seattle and there's where Starbucks originated. It's literally on every street corner in my city. And now I have to see it in Disneyland? The one place that is filled with one of a kind shops and buildings? Walt would not approve.
    This is part of why I started this thread... I wouldn't care if t was some coffee company that is a smaller chain and not literally on every street corner, like a Tully's around Seattle being here and there compared to how Starbucks has literally every street corner and each mall usually has like 2+
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I don't drink coffee, but I do drink Starbucks tea and frapps. I don't like the changes thematically to the Market House, but I don't mind Starbucks has a brand being in the park. I wish they had kept more of the old theming in the Market House but the other locations I don't have an issue with one way or the other.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    Yeah. I think it's the queue that throws me off too. Takes the intimacy away from it.
    But then again, we're talking Starbucks. You knew they were going to have to revamp the old Market House with a queueing system that resembles an E ticket attraction.
    What I don't understand is why they couldn't "copy" the queue over from FFP, I mean the queue over there is much more tastefully done in my opinion and is less intrusive on the theme.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    This is part of why I started this thread... I wouldn't care if t was some coffee company that is a smaller chain and not literally on every street corner, like a Tully's around Seattle being here and there compared to how Starbucks has literally every street corner and each mall usually has like 2+
    Most smaller chains couldn't handle the volume required to be on Main Street in Disneyland. The only other options would be The Coffee Bean or maybe Peet's (and that is a big maybe). Starbucks has mass production of espresso based coffee drinks down to a science and not many other coffee chains can uphold their quality with the volume involved at the DLR.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast