• No, get rid of it

30 22.39%
  • who cares

30 22.39%
  • as long as there is another option nearby I'm happy

12 8.96%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• -

Re: What do you think of Starbucks being in Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    The downside is all the random Starbucks cups being dumped around the park. I saw cups placed in the queue of Indy, in the Pirates queue, and around the Rivers of America.
    That has nothing to do with Starbucks. That has to do with rude lowlifes who can't figure out the finer workings of a garbage can. If Starbucks wasn't in the park, they would be doing it with whatever brand of coffee was there.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I don't drink coffee, but I do drink Starbucks tea and frapps. I don't like the changes thematically to the Market House, but I don't mind Starbucks has a brand being in the park. I wish they had kept more of the old theming in the Market House but the other locations I don't have an issue with one way or the other.
    This is basically how I feel. I don't mind so much the brand being in the parks, it's the execution at The Market House
    that drives me up a wall. The FF&P cafe looks ok and the new DTD Starbucks looks exceptional for being
    outside of Disneyland.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Starbucks...I will start by saying that I LOVE having a decent cup of coffee now available in the parks. I am a black coffee drinker and believe me, Starbucks is lightyears more palatable than what has previously been offered. That said, as far as corporate coffee chains go, I much prefer Peets, but I will take Starbucks. I did work 5.5 years for the company.

The execution of Starbucks in the parks...I'm 50/50. I think the BVS is, aesthetically, very well done. It does a wonderful job at reimagining a vintage cafeteria environment with the booths, skylights, and bar stools. The wood, tile, and stained glass details are great. The lighting is wonderful. The posters and pictures are perfect. Main Street's on the other hand...the Book Rest area is nicely done, but aside from that, the design is pretty TERRIBLE. Can't say much else to describe it except bad.

The new DTD store looks amazing! Now this store is an COS or company operated store, as opposed to the Disney ran franchised stores in their parks, so it'll be the same as most Starbucks outside the resort as far as discounts and all that jazz (which is worse part about no longer working for the company).

• Minion

I feel weird lol, I seem to be the only one that hates FF&P more than Market House. But I will say this, design wise, I agree, Market house is horrid, but at least you have non-starbucks options surrounding it for breakfast on your way in to the park, with FF&P the nearest restaurant that also serves breakfast is either Flo's or Ariel's... neither of which are as close to the DCA gate as Tomorrowland Terrace (the furthest I know of in DL) is from the DL gate.

I know that for me personally, unless I make reservations at Ariel's and know in advance I have to go further in for breakfast I usually want to be eating during that half hour that the FF&P, Jolly Holiday, Market House, Plaza Inn, and Carnation Cafe are open prior to the rest of the park so that I can then get on my first ride around actual opening. So DCA is essentially setting me up to HAVE to go to FF&P aka StarBucks... not just because of the location of the nearest restaurant but also because Flo's and Ariel's don't open to average guests until the rides do. In DL I have 4 options before the park even opens.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

I'll also add that to me, the starbucks presence inside the gates should be in drink types and titles alone, no "starbucks" signs and especially not the logo, it is way too common in the real world, far more so then Nikon, or Dole, or even Coca-Cola. And notice, the normal cups at Disneyland don't have the Dole or Coca-Cola logos on them... but anything from Market House or FF&P that isn't bottled has the starbucks logo, and as a Seattle native, I'm frankly flat out sick of seeing Starbucks literally everywhere I go.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I'll also add that to me, the starbucks presence inside the gates should be in drink types and titles alone, no "starbucks" signs and especially not the logo, it is way too common in the real world, far more so then Nikon, or Dole, or even Coca-Cola. And notice, the normal cups at Disneyland don't have the Dole or Coca-Cola logos on them... but anything from Market House or FF&P that isn't bottled has the starbucks logo, and as a Seattle native, I'm frankly flat out sick of seeing Starbucks literally everywhere I go.
    Yeah, because Dole, Nestle, Energizer, Chase, Siemens and Sylvania aren't ever seen in the real world. Or Coke and Dasani. And a few of those are literally more omnipresent than Starbucks is.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Yeah, because Dole, Nestle, Energizer, Chase, Siemens and Sylvania aren't ever seen in the real world. Or Coke and Dasani. And a few of those are literally more omnipresent than Starbucks is.
    Do any of those have stand alone shops that are found on every street corner?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Back in Walt Disney's days both Welch's and Sunkist had their own cups. With their own design. If I recall Sunkist didn't even have a mention of Disneyland at all on their cups. And on top of that their logo was relatively modern in comparison to what one would expect for 1910 America.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Why does that matter?

How about the ubiquity of the Dole name when it comes to fruit?

How about the countless Energizer commercials that run on your TV and seeing them at the checkouts for stores all over the place?

How about 42% of all soft drinks sold being Coke, their name plastered all over billboards, stadiums, drinks dispensers at restaurants and food courts?

Even Siemens is making commercials these days. Granted Sylvania isn't a common household name, but there isn't a house or building out there that doesn't have one of their products in it, from lightbulbs to circuit breakers, outlets to light switches and more.

Look, having a store on every corner is not a requirement to being a ubiquitous name.

The fact is, these are all names that have zero to do with Disney other than they sponsored something. They are no different than Starbucks. They all sell their products to the public commercially outside of the parks and independent of anything Disney does or says. They are in stores all over the country, just as Starbucks is. Whether they use 3rd party owned stores or own their own is irrelevant.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Back in Walt Disney's days both Welch's and Sunkist had their own cups. With their own design. If I recall Sunkist didn't even have a mention of Disneyland at all on their cups. And on top of that their logo was relatively modern in comparison to what one would expect for 1910 America.
    Can't find pictures of either of the cups, but did find this photo of the Welch's location.
    It used to be right where Pinocchio's Daring Journey is.
    Welch's Grape Juice at Disneyland 1955 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

• Chief Troublemaker

I'm good with Sbux being in the parks & thought the 'Book Nook' was cute, I will say that I was a bit disappointed in the line design of Market House. It was kinda confusing when we entered. It wasn't busy & we really couldn't tell which of the two lines to enter due to the number of then empty 'switchbacks' or whatever you want to call them in each line.

It was obviously built for huge lines but we never saw it crowded the few times we were there, maybe we were just lucky.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

I have had my fair share of Starbucks drinks. I love coffee. I don't really care which company is in Disneyland. I never get coffee when I'm there. When I popped in to check out the new shop in January right at rope drop, I shrugged "Eh, so now it's a Starbucks...okay." Then I went to get in line for Star Tours.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Why does that matter?

How about the ubiquity of the Dole name when it comes to fruit?

How about the countless Energizer commercials that run on your TV and seeing them at the checkouts for stores all over the place?

How about 42% of all soft drinks sold being Coke, their name plastered all over billboards, stadiums, drinks dispensers at restaurants and food courts?

Even Siemens is making commercials these days. Granted Sylvania isn't a common household name, but there isn't a house or building out there that doesn't have one of their products in it, from lightbulbs to circuit breakers, outlets to light switches and more.

Look, having a store on every corner is not a requirement to being a ubiquitous name.

The fact is, these are all names that have zero to do with Disney other than they sponsored something. They are no different than Starbucks. They all sell their products to the public commercially outside of the parks and independent of anything Disney does or says. They are in stores all over the country, just as Starbucks is. Whether they use 3rd party owned stores or own their own is irrelevant.
    It matters to me that there is a Starbucks on Main Street. And it is a Starbucks no matter how anybody spins it. It is no longer the Market House. There is no Siemens store, no Sylvania store. It is the same thing as having a Johnny Rockets in Knotts. It may fit the "theme" somewhat but it is still a chain store. I have no problem with the sponsorship side of it, but to stick a full fledged Starbucks store on Main Street just irks me.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I doubt Starbucks is more common than Coke.
    The Starbucks at Disneyland is not one that you can find on any street corner either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    It was obviously built for huge lines but we never saw it crowded the few times we were there, maybe we were just lucky.
    The lines do get very long right around closing or first thing in the morning.

There is no Siemens store, no Sylvania store.
    It's too bad. I often wish there was a place where I could buy some 8' fluorescents while I'm at Disneyland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The Starbucks at Disneyland is not one that you can find on any street corner either.
    Sure you can:

Name:  sb no.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  50.0 KBName:  sb seattle.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  109.6 KBName:  sb.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  109.8 KB

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast