• No, get rid of it

30 22.39%
  • who cares

30 22.39%
  • as long as there is another option nearby I'm happy

12 8.96%
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

• Minion

Angry What do you think of Starbucks being in Disneyland?

I was just at the parks 2 weeks ago and I got thinking about Starbucks now being there. Being from Seattle everyone is always shocked when I tell them that I really do NOT like Starbucks myself and that I don't see the hype around it and personally I think it is WAY overrated. I have never liked coffee myself and so if I were to get anything there it would be hot cocoa.... but something about how they make it just doesn't taste right to me.When I was at the park I felt that the service was best at Jolly Holiday (of the quick service breakfast options). I went in to Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe twice total, and only because I was in DCA for opening and wanted breakfast, but found it was WAY too busy for my liking considering I wasn't even getting a specialty made anything, I got an orange juice and a cinnamon roll.

So While I don't have an issue with Starbucks being in the parks, I do have an issue when it is the only thing in the front of the park. While I would be fine if none of them were there period I get that a LOT of people like it (hence the insanely long lines). But here is what I hope DCA can do to fix the problem.

1. only make people wait in 2 lines if they are actually getting something that is made to order, if they are getting a muffin or cinnamon roll and a bottled drink let them pay and head to a seat
    2. they need to open another quick service breakfast option in the Hollywood section of the park, whether a small cafe like Blue Ribbon Bakery and Jolly Holiday, or something bigger that has more than just baked goods and drinks, I don't care, just don't have starbucks at it.
    3. the new ones in DTD need to open at like 5 or 6 am so that those early morning people can get their coffee before they get in the parks and help alleviate the lines at the ones inside the parks.

the line for breakfast shouldn't be longer than the line for a ride.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• -

Re: What do you think of Starbucks being in Disneyland?

I love it. Great way to get my caffeine fix.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I love it. Great way to get my caffeine fix.
    There's help for you

Caffeine Addicts Anonymous | It’s Not Easy Coming Clean
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Singing Drinker

A lot of the crowding at either of the current in-park locations will hopefully be helped now that the Downtown Disney location is up and running.

Generally speaking I prefer what they're serving DRASTICALLY over the previous coffee available. That schtuff was NASTY.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

I have to say, it was a welcome surprise in 2012, in June, as soon as my school ended, I raced down to Anaheim for a volleyball tournament and spend the next 2 days afterwards at Disneyland. It was the first time that I had gone to Buena vista in California adventure and I just about fell i love with the atmosphere as well as the Mad T Party. But I was extremely surprised and happy when I saw the starbucks. I was and still am a complete Starbucks addict, and for the 6 hour drive it takes for me to go to Disneyland, a disney addict too. So two of my addictions in the same spot was perfect!!!

The starbucks serves everything, including seasonals, and i make it a point to head there first thing in the mornings to get my drink, then head for a ride.

The newer one that followed suit in Disneyland was also a nice, and convenient as I did not have to go and hit California before hopping to Disneyland.

The last time I went was Winter break (I HATED IT! The park was the same perfect place! But I hated how my phone would fail to connect to the internet for the masses of people there were hogging all the broadband). But aside from that, I was perfectly fine with it.

I am super-psyched to go to the Starbucks in Downtown Disney. It would be the perfect spot to hang with my southern california friends that don't have an annual pass like me.

I absolutely love Starbucks and its coffee and I was really glad to see Disney put it in the parks so I can get my Starbucks fix without leaving the park. It definitely is a lot better in my opinion than that "other coffee" but I think the number of locations they have now is fine, I don't really want to see it anywhere else in the park but I am very happy that I can grab a Mocha Frappe in the middle of a hot Anaheim afternoon or just a regular cup of coffee in the morning to get me started off on the right track.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

I hate it. Took away the originality of Main Street.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I was just at the parks 2 weeks ago and I got thinking about Starbucks now being there. Being from Seattle everyone is always shocked when I tell them that I really do NOT like Starbucks myself and that I don't see the hype around it and personally I think it is WAY overrated. I have never liked coffee myself and so if I were to get anything there it would be hot cocoa.... but something about how they make it just doesn't taste right to me.When I was at the park I felt that the service was best at Jolly Holiday (of the quick service breakfast options). I went in to Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe twice total, and only because I was in DCA for opening and wanted breakfast, but found it was WAY too busy for my liking considering I wasn't even getting a specialty made anything, I got an orange juice and a cinnamon roll.

So While I don't have an issue with Starbucks being in the parks, I do have an issue when it is the only thing in the front of the park. While I would be fine if none of them were there period I get that a LOT of people like it (hence the insanely long lines). But here is what I hope DCA can do to fix the problem.

1. only make people wait in 2 lines if they are actually getting something that is made to order, if they are getting a muffin or cinnamon roll and a bottled drink let them pay and head to a seat
    2. they need to open another quick service breakfast option in the Hollywood section of the park, whether a small cafe like Blue Ribbon Bakery and Jolly Holiday, or something bigger that has more than just baked goods and drinks, I don't care, just don't have starbucks at it.
    3. the new ones in DTD need to open at like 5 or 6 am so that those early morning people can get their coffee before they get in the parks and help alleviate the lines at the ones inside the parks.

the line for breakfast shouldn't be longer than the line for a ride.

agreed with your review. overpriced and coffee taste is awful. starbuck is not all that.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Personally, I hate Starbucks (the company) and its coffee. I think its grossly overpriced and bad coffee.

BUT... it's my opinion, and I understand many people like the company, and sponsorships have made DL what it is today. So actually, I'm happy they are at the park - and hope their presence will mean a better place in the long run.

• Production Designer

It's one of the smartest business moves Disney has made. Yes, we lost the Market House and that disgusting coffee they sold (are we really sad about that?). But in the end it's satisfying many coffee drinkers, like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    I don't think it detracted from the originality of Main Street at all. Recall that when the park first opened, most of the stores were run by outside businesses. I think Starbucks was added quite tastefully (pun intended) and it blends well with the turn of the century theme.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Thank you. More specifically, The Market House.

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    I don't think it detracted from the originality of Main Street at all. Recall that when the park first opened, most of the stores were run by outside businesses. I think Starbucks was added quite tastefully (pun intended) and it blends blands well with the turn of the century theme.
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Thank you. More specifically, The Market House.
    Exactly! It was there since opening day with Walt. My opinion is probably biased since I live close to Seattle and there's where Starbucks originated. It's literally on every street corner in my city. And now I have to see it in Disneyland? The one place that is filled with one of a kind shops and buildings? Walt would not approve.

Exactly! It was there since opening day with Walt. My opinion is probably biased since I live close to Seattle and there's where Starbucks originated. It's literally on every street corner in my city. And now I have to see it in Disneyland? The one place that is filled with one of a kind shops and buildings? Walt would not approve.
    Unfortunately, Seattle is not the only city with a Starbucks on every corner anymore.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast