Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    :confused:
    Look at your control panel..

• o

Quote Originally Posted by TweedlDum9
    Say at you will about me being a stickler for Good Show, but that is EXACTLY the point. Disney will NEVER allow things to be seen in public unless they are in their finished form. That would be like sending Mickey out for a photo shoot without his... shoes.

And if pictures were ever allowed to be taken, I seriously doubt they'd let ugly ladders and power tools be seen in the shots.

I know those of you who live far away get excited about seeing these kinds of things (and believe me... I still do too), but I have this to say:

To those of you who can't make it anytime soon: It'll be around all the way through the 18-month celebration, and plenty of time after that.

To those of you who are planning on coming May 5th: It's not that far away. Believe me, we're all too aware of how soon that is! :-p

And to Evil Minion: I've heard that your pictures made it all the way up to Steve Davison. If you're a Cast Member, I'm sure you'll be getting a nice phone call from Human Resources pretty soon.
    Thank you! You said everything I wanted to say and more. People don't get it.

For those of you who dont know who Mr. Steve Davison is he is the creative director with Walt Disney Creative Entertainment.
    Last edited by Alex Disney; 03-24-2005 at 09:19 PM.

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

Who is Steve Davison? That name sounds familiar but I can't remember why.

If the people higher up at TDA are talking about my pics, it's not the first time. All I did was stand outside the door & take some pics.
    Steve Davison is a Creative Director for Disney Creative Entertainment (i.e. one or two steps below Annie Hamburger). He spearheaded the efforts behind Believe, Believe Holiday, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Small World Holiday, Wishes, and LuminAria. He's in charge of ALL of the 50th entertainment: Parade of Dreams, Block Party, and Remember.

As to the Pooh incident, you're missing the key difference: What you saw inside Pooh Corner was clearly visible from an Onstage location. All of the parade floats are kept hidden backstage, so there's no way that a "legal" picture could have been taken over there. And if you're not a Cast Member, then whoever let you use their Portal access to make your screencaps should be busted.

I'm sorry to sound like such an *** in all of my comments in this thread, (believe me, I know firsthand how things like that make one really giddy), but you need to understand that we have all been working our ***** off (literally!) to create two huge new pieces of entertainment for you guys. And half of the excitement is that no one really "knows" what things are (OR what they look like) until opening day.

The "teaser" element was supposed to start and end with the Train float being shown during the WDW Christmas Special... not with crummy pictures being floated around a messageboard 6 weeks before opening.
    Last edited by TweedlDum9; 03-25-2005 at 12:34 AM.

• o

Steve Davison is a Creative Director for Disney Creative Entertainment (i.e. one or two steps below Annie Hamburger). He spearheaded the efforts behind Believe, Believe Holiday, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Small World Holiday, Wishes, and LuminAria. He's in charge of ALL of the 50th entertainment: Parade of Dreams, Block Party, and Remember.
    He did Eureka too!

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Disney
    He did Eureka too!
    That's it! I knew I forgot something important!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Well, before I was a CM, I did Magic Music Days twice, and trust me, I saw all kinds of this stuff backstage, and I know there are other cases of non CM's seeing backstage while at the park. It is not the end of the Disney image if some of this stuff is seen. What about the fact that you can see a HUGE part of the backstage area from the monorail! Come on, lighten up people. It sounds like you are more annoyed with your inside information being made available to the public
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• wasting time

As to the Pooh incident, you're missing the key difference: What you saw inside Pooh Corner was clearly visible from an Onstage location. All of the parade floats are kept hidden backstage, so there's no way that a "legal" picture could have been taken over there. And if you're not a Cast Member, then whoever let you use their Portal access to make your screencaps should be busted.

I'm sorry to sound like such an *** in all of my comments in this thread, (believe me, I know firsthand how things like that make one really giddy), but you need to understand that we have all been working our ***** off (literally!) to create two huge new pieces of entertainment for you guys. And half of the excitement is that no one really "knows" what things are (OR what they look like) until opening day.

The "teaser" element was supposed to start and end with the Train float being shown during the WDW Christmas Special... not with crummy pictures being floated around a messageboard 6 weeks before opening.
    I don't see the surprise or 'tease' factor being spoiled by the pictures. We know it's a Disney parade so odds are the floats are going to look like disney characters & movies. No surprise there. I know the Pooh incident is different from this one. I said it wouldn't be the first time my pics were talked about, not this is just like when I took picture of Pooh Corner.

I must say though I am disappointed that with the exception of the first float and the final one, this parade is just another generic Disney character celebration that could be placed in any Disney theme park in the world. I was hoping for a parade that had floats that look like past & present attractions in Disneyland. For example: have a large moving peoplemover float with 60's style lookin families riding aboard & retro space men and women with ray guns walking around it, interacting with the CM's riding and the park guests on the parade route. Know what I mean ?

First of all, son, ya don't sound like an ***!! It's clear that you are passionate about all of this and I think we here all support you in that.

But Gawrsh - it's pretty tough to stop the power of the Information Age!

I know that it has been the Marketing direction to make the DL 50th a Big Surprise - and with it just weeks away (yup - I said it), that is what it is. However, I thought it would've been kinda neat if this had been handled more like the original opening of the park where Walt went over in great detail with the public all the magic they would soon find in his park. The whole CGI Super-Bowl ad/WDW Christmas Special teaser approach seems like almost the opposite and seems like it delivers the message "NOW-A-days, we've gotta trick you into coming..."

Just a few friendly thoughts. Remember to sing!
    ---Life's Too Short: Sing along---

Di by dee by deedee doh doh. De by diddi O!

Duitn Duitn Duitn Doo-bee-Doo. Dittin Duitin by dee be doh!

(thump, thump, thump, thump) heh_heh_heh_heh_heh

• Fireworks Finatic!

It's understandable the all us "Disney Geeks" on the internet here love to get glimpses of the new parades or rides. That's one way the internet is so great. But just remember the people who are actually working on these projects are very excited about them and really want to surprise everyone. Now granted, probably 95% of the people who see the parades or new rides after they open have not seen anything about them on the internet. It may not seem like a big deal when someone posts "secret pics" because of that, but it can be a disappointment to those lucky people who are actually involved in it. So there will always be 2 sides to situations like this. Just try and think before posting any pictures of anything that has not open yet and not out in the Park in plain view how you would feel if your new ride or parade you were working very hard on was spoiled by someone on the internet.

Ok, just thought I'd share my thoughts. Carry on.....

• Defeats the Huns

I must say though I am disappointed that with the exception of the first float and the final one, this parade is just another generic Disney character celebration that could be placed in any Disney theme park in the world. I was hoping for a parade that had floats that look like past & present attractions in Disneyland. For example: have a large moving peoplemover float with 60's style lookin families riding aboard & retro space men and women with ray guns walking around it, interacting with the CM's riding and the park guests on the parade route. Know what I mean ?
    HAHAHA! Parade of Dreams is not supposed to be about the ATTRACTIONS of Disneyland. That's what Remember is all about. Even though it's a part of the 50th Celebration for Disneyland, the parade isn't supposed to be celebrating the parks - more a celebration of the entire Disney family and the idea of DREAMS.

And I think that you're kinda disappointed with the parade because you've seen it without ALL of its show elements - which is what TweedlDum9 was trying to say.

• wasting time

No, I'm disappointed cause it's just a (lavished) character parade. No strong ties to DL

I can understand how some would be upset about pictures and or information leaking out about something very exclusive as this parade... however...we live in a society where sneak peaks and previews are the driving force behind entertainment, especially the more anticipated and grand in scale something is. Just look at the media business? People pay good money to see and read about things they are interested in. Combining this with the advanced technology we have, we've come to expect to see things like this on the net. When there is a demand, it will be there.

I think that if you are going to post spoilers of any kind, you should be very clear in defining this in your post. That way, those who do not want to have their surprises tainted can avoid it and those that do want the sneak peak can enjoy it.

Personally, I was thrilled to see the pictures. It didn't spoil anything for me, if anything it made my trip even more anticipated. It brought a new smile to my face.

Just my 2 cents

• Magical Memories fanzine

As Alan-a-dale said, Walt himself is the one that basically started our thirsts for this before hand knowledge kind of thing; he showed actual step by step progress of the park and its attractions week by week on tv. When you are weened on something like that, its hard to accept the completely different stance the company takes now a days; if you hide and and dont show if its fantastic or crap they will come. Personally I no longer trust ANYTHING the company does I have been dissappointed way too many times in the past because of this kind of attitude.

The only reason I am hyped up about the 50th finally is BECAUSE of the leaked pictures of the parade and the fireworks show, and the leaked pics and video of Buzz. If i hadnt seen some kind of tangible proof I would have thought they were still on the 50th trail to crap that Harriss laid out. If Disney was smart, they would leak these things themselves on tv like Walt used to do. The man knew what he was doing to get people hyped. I think the creators of these attractions would have been even MORE excited if they started getting early pre-feedback like in the Walt days; when people saw it on tv and just kept talking about it anticipating its opening. Without being shown some kind of proof, I now because of Disney essentially lying so much in the past, expect some part of the truth covered up so they can make some kind of gain from it by duping its consumers. I know that sounds highly cynical, but I used to beleive everything Disney said at one time and after so many let downs it was inevitable that the implicit trust I had would be broken. Its going to take a long time, with a lot more truth put on the table before I EVER fully trust Disney again. Many of the things they are doing now make me rejoice, but I will always I fear, have that small doubt about them now.

• Fireworks Finatic!

No, I'm disappointed cause it's just a (lavished) character parade. No strong ties to DL
    Well there may not be strong ties to Disneyland, but isn't Disneyland as a whole based on fantasy, imagination, and dreams? (Not trying to sound sappy here.. sorry if I am) I think that is what the parade is supposed to represent. Yes, it's basically some of the more popular characters presented in a whole new way in a parade, but most of Disneyland is also based on characters from Disney's (and now Pixar's) movies. For me, I like the idea of the parade. It's going to be WAY better than the "Fantasia 2000" parade they came up with for the 45th Anniversary, that's for sure. At least this parade is more diverse. The fireworks will celebrate past and present attractions. So I think they will be doing a pretty decent job trying to cover all the bases of Disneyland.

• Creative Director

As for the whole picture thing, I can understand where TweedlDum9 is coming from.
    I am literally floating in my seat when I hear more details about the 50th, and especially the new entertainment, come out.

And as for Steve Davison, when I saw him at the parade auditions and was literally a few feet away from him, it was as if I was meeting my favorite celebrity. I know, weird, but this is the man who I would love to someday work with at Disney. And then, eventually, have his job. (oops, did I say that out loud?).
    I want to know, how did he get his job?

oh, and TweedlDum9 is a great guy. He helped get my name on the list for a special audition at Disneyland (even though there ended up being no need for a list when I arrived), of course, after I annoyed him with a ton of private messages. But hey, I was truly grateful. Thanks, by the way!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast