• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE! tickets CANNOT be used as 1-Day ParkHopper

While this has been discussed in other threads here at MiceChat, I have just confirmed the info, and wanted to make the new rule clear to MiceChat users.

Unlike past years, where the turnstyle CM's would allow the use of both "days" in a single day to visit both parks, Disney has changed its policy.

Let me quote from a SoCal Resident 2fer.....

Expires 30 days from first visit

Valid 1/3/06 thru 4/27/06

Valid for 1 Admission to Disneyland Park & 1 Admission to Disney's California Adventure.

Not Valid at Both Parks on the Same Day.

Please Present Valid Photo ID with Ticket for Admission

Multiple people have reported they have been sent to the Ticket Windows to upgrade to a SoCal 2 Day ParkHopper for $20 more when they tried to enter DCA on the same day.

So, FYI, be prepared to get the SoCal 2 Day ParkHopper for $79 if you want to visit both parks on the same day.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Re: The Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE! tickets CANNOT be used as 1-Day ParkHop

Wow, I guess it's official. So the same would apply to the "Play 4 Days" ticket at Coscto then? That kinda sucks. But oh, well that's why I have a PAP!
    --Jonathan

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Re: The Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE! tickets CANNOT be used as 1-Day ParkHopper

yeah, thanks for clerifying that for everyone Darkbeer, so much people get mixed up with that.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Minion

Re: The Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE! tickets CANNOT be used as 1-Day ParkHopper

ack I thought that you could parkhop, I'm having my part there this Saturday and on the invitations I put that it will get you into both parks on the same day. Well guess it will be just Disneyland.
    Jeff Wayne

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer

So, FYI, be prepared to get the SoCal 2 Day ParkHopper for $79 if you want to visit both parks on the same day.
    Why not get a 1-day PH to begin with? Can't you upgrade to a 1-day PH from a 2-fer (it is more expensive)?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

^ But the SoCal special 2-day ParkHopper is the same price as a 1-day ParkHopper at $79.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: The Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE! tickets CANNOT be used as 1-Day ParkHop

OMG, you people! If you want to Park Hop, then that's why you buy a PARK HOPPER where it's specifically designed to let you visit both Disneyland and California Adventure on the SAME DAY. It wouldn't make any sense to get a 2Fer and park hop because then what's the point of selling a park hopper ticket? The 2Fer ticket specifically says you may go to one park on one day, THEN ON ANOTHER DAY go to the other park for free.

"But DLResident, we've always gotten to park hop with a 2Fer in the past..."

Well, it wasn't ideal for Disney to do that and I'm glad they're making the 2Fer tickets being used the way they are supposed to be used.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLResident
    If you want to Park Hop, then that's why you buy a PARK HOPPER where it's specifically designed to let you visit both Disneyland and California Adventure on the SAME DAY.
    People would WANT to do this? I find that hard to believe.
    There's hardly enough time in one day for DL. Why waste any time away from it? WHY???
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• e komo mai

Thank you for clarifying, DB. This is kinda confusing for ticket buyers.

I mean, what do you do when your kid has a fit and says he want to go back to DL and you can't do it?

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    ^ But the SoCal special 2-day ParkHopper is the same price as a 1-day ParkHopper at $79.
    True, but I was thinking that those who would prefer to use the 2-fer as a one day PH were motivated by a desire to not return to the resort on another day.

After all, as Sediment pointed out, you can't do all of Disneyland in one day. So, unless there where some self-motivated restriction, such as a long drive, or the that the breadwinner that is paying for the family's sojourn is only willing to subject himself to the riggors of "just another amusement park" for only one day (yes Disney fans, there really are people like that in the world), a person buying the 2-fer would be willing to spend an entire day at DL and come back again another day (or a half day) and see DCA. But someone that doesn't want to or can't come back on another day would not be interested in a 2-day PH (unless they thought they could sell the second day on the black market).

I'm inspired to start a new thread. Stay tuned ......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Rock Star Minion

To anyone buying this 2-Day NOT-parkhopper, I suggest visiting DCA on the first day.
    That way, you KNOW you'll come back for the "free" day at DL before the expiration date. And you'll forget all about overpaying for "The Crappiest Place on Earth."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    To anyone buying this 2-Day NOT-parkhopper, I suggest visiting DCA on the first day.
    That way, you KNOW you'll come back for the "free" day at DL before the expiration date. And you'll forget all about overpaying for "The Crappiest Place on Earth."
    This is good, sound advice.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    People would WANT to do this? I find that hard to believe.
    There's hardly enough time in one day for DL. Why waste any time away from it? WHY???
    What?

I'm saying to the people that complain that they can't park hop with a 2Fer, because 2Fer tickets are not supposed to be park hopper tickets. They've never been park hopper tickets, Disney just never enforced it. I'm saying that if you want to park hop, or in other words, Sediment, go to both Disneyland and California Adventure on the same day, then you buy a ONE-DAY PARK HOPPER ticket, not a 2Fer; it's that simple.

I mean, do you guys ever actually read the fine print on the back of your ticket?