Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Minion

Re: BTMRR AP preivew

I'm pretty sensitive to loud sounds and I'm not TOO bothered by the loudness of the explosion (Dinosaur at AK is WAY worse), but what DOES bother me is the constant loud booming you hear out on Big Thunder Trail. What used to be a peaceful area is no longer. You can even hear it at the barbecue place while the entertainers are performing.

You'd think they would have thought of that. I could live with it if it were as inconsistent as the rat projection in Indy. Mostly works, but not always. According to the small sample size here, it seems to mostly NOT work.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Now that I think of it, smoke machines need time to regenerate... well that stinks.
    Yeah that's a shame because then not everyone will experience the effect to it's fullest.

But the Indy ride in Japan has a smoke effect to right? Well it's a ring but yeah. I assume that the smoke there is ready on time for each vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Yeah that's a shame because then not everyone will experience the effect to it's fullest.

But the Indy ride in Japan has a smoke effect to right? Well it's a ring but yeah. I assume that the smoke there is ready on time for each vehicle.
    I've never been to Disney Sea but I'd imagine that the smoke effect is pretty reliable. I don't know why they couldn't have "staggered" the smoke effects, like say Smoke Machines 1, 3, and 5 fire for one train and then 2, 4, and 6 fire for the next one. That way everyone gets smoke and its a little different depending on which train you're on.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

I went twice today and the big boom smoke effect worked both times. However, the first time, it looked like the big final blast also had a firey look to it, not just smoke. The second time, it was just smoke. So it seems to still be kind of hit or miss.

I was really impressed with the new bats near the beginning. It's not the most flashy of the new stuff, but it was, to me, a massive improvement. I love the little details.

Rode twice today. First time the effects worked perfectly. Second time, all "explosions" worked but the final, big one.

• Artistic integrity

Without looking at videos (except for one in the final lift hill that I did look at) ....

Can someone go through all the subtle changes there are in the ride?

Everything I've read has been about changing out the "Earthquake" scene (final lift hill) .. for the dynamite explosion.

Aside from that ... what about small to significant changes in the first lift hill room? Or are there none?

There's one tunnel in complete darkness in the first half of the ride. Same as always?

So .. I understand the audio is REALLY turned up in various parts of the ride.

So ... I'm just trying to get the full list of "show" elements that have been slightly to significantly altered throughout the ride.

thanks
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Without looking at videos (except for one in the final lift hill that I did look at) ....

Can someone go through all the subtle changes there are in the ride?

Everything I've read has been about changing out the "Earthquake" scene (final lift hill) .. for the dynamite explosion.

Aside from that ... what about small to significant changes in the first lift hill room? Or are there none?

There's one tunnel in complete darkness in the first half of the ride. Same as always?

So .. I understand the audio is REALLY turned up in various parts of the ride.

So ... I'm just trying to get the full list of "show" elements that have been slightly to significantly altered throughout the ride.

thanks
    The first lift hill tunnel now has "digital screen" similar to the ones found in the Matterhorn but instead of a snowstorm, there are bat's shown flying through a cave. Also the "Rainbow Caverns Tribute" area got a new, brighter light package that has more vivid and saturated color. I don't think they touched that one other tunnel you're referring to.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    The first lift hill tunnel now has "digital screen" similar to the ones found in the Matterhorn but instead of a snowstorm, there are bat's shown flying through a cave. Also the "Rainbow Caverns Tribute" area got a new, brighter light package that has more vivid and saturated color. I don't think they touched that one other tunnel you're referring to.
    I don't know what they are, but the bats didn't look digital to me. Not saying they aren't projections, but they looked like animatronics, especially considering some of them would stop moving but keep flapping.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345