Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Artistic integrity

Re: What's your dream tomorrowland ?

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    ^^ Your images remind me of the Stark expo. If they are going to use marvel/star wars in TL ever I would be for a stark expo sponsored facelift more so than Star Wars. It basically looks like the images above. What goes in all the buildings could be sponsored by companies that deal with technologies that improve our daily lives with attractions based on them.
    That actually all sounds nice. As long as Tony Stark remains Tony Stark. As soon as we see him in his Iron Man suit ... then it's no longer about futuristic technologies attraction .. and becomes an Iron Man Adventure. That's actually something Universal would do .. and sadly ... what they want to do with HKDL's Tomorrowland.

Incidentally though ... I want to bring this up.....

This is artwork for the "Stark Expo" bit in Iron Man 2 ............

Look more closely at the building .. with the Statue of Liberty type spikes.

Look at the working levels. There are two. Just like the Innoventions building.
    Look at the ramp. Just like the one for the Innoventions building.

Coincidence?

Or was this part concept for Tomorrowland's carousel building remodel .. into Stark Expo?
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Artistic integrity

As for my ideal Tomorrowland ... it would go something like this:

I've got two alternatives in my head.

One, with the carousel building remodeled into something else .... another without it entirely.

With it:

I'm torn on this .... Part of me realizes how unique and special that rotating building is. There's only 1 other building like it in the world .. and that's in WDW's TL.

Because of the amazing capacity of this ride format ... there would be another sit down show .. rotating around a set of stages that put on some very futuristic show of some kind. I'd like to see WDI come up with something great. At the end ... we ascend to the top .. just like we did in CoP. But this time .... not to a model of a futuristic city .. not a shop .. not a restaurant .. not a character meet. FOR GOD SAKE .. NO! But a continuation of the attraction where we board a vehicle .. and takes us on another journey that works as a "part two" of what we saw.

Without it ... an entirely new building taking up the same footprint as the previous building .. same height .. maybe a tad higher .. and going further back stage ... for a new ride through .. that would actually be Tomorrowland's CENTER PIECE ride ... the land's STAR Attraction!

Rest of the land ....
    Redd Rocket's Pizza Port is completely demolished. In it's place ... a new building. Bigger .. either with a good size basement ... or built matching the height of the carousel building .. to be "2 story". What exactly? Let the brilliant imagineers come up with something great. Something original!

3D theater demolished .. in it's place .. an open plaza to help alleviate massive overcrowded walk ways in the land. To make up for the loss of the capacity numbers for the 3D theater ... a new ride is built ... that sits outside the Grand Canyon Diorama. Again .. another ORIGINAL idea.

In place of the Starcade ... a place similar to the "fast food" environment of Redd Rockets .. with seating on the top floor.

Star Tours remains. While the 4 simulator hangar and main queue area remain ... the exterior building is radically redone.

Across the way .... Buzz takes a hike. The building is rebuilt .. with a deeper basement going to all 4 corners. (Not just the partial basement it has now). Giving greater capacity inside ... and do something AWESOME.

Coke Terrace is radically redesigned ... with a second floor. As with all of Tomorrowland. Walt wanted it all second story for 1967. Imagineering tried again for TL:2055 ..... third time is the charmer .. and this next time .... the whole land is double-decked all around.

In the center .......... Yup ... back again ..... Rocket Jets is back (new design) .. and new Peoplemover boarding station .. same place as before ... with a dramatic wide speed ramp that can be seen .. from the entrance point of the land. This time ... foliage is not left to overtake the "look" of what should be dramatic from eyes ... as they peer into the land.

To the north in the land .... the subs stay. But Nemo is evicted! In place .. a new show is put in place. The subs themselves are given new ornamentation to be given a more futuristic look to them. The subs lagoon .. with it's massive body of water .. makes a perfect backdrop for Tomorrowland .. as it has for decades .. and continues to!

Autopia is gone .... but in place of it .. taking up a smaller footprint ... a moon buggy ride - over an alien looking environment. Where the current Autopia queue is ... is opened up .. to alleviate the overwhelming crowds that persist in that small foot traffic area.

Directly above the sub bunker .. where the water fall spills into submarine lagoon .. is a new version of Auquatopia ... to expand a bit .. on the "Aqua" theming that goes on in this area. From views of the Monorail .. and new PM ... this tiered 2 bodies of water .. with one spilling into another makes for a dramatic look!

The entrance of the land .... I'm not sure what to say. The silver flanking points that adorn Tomorrowland's entrance ... are actually perfect in their design. I would like to see them reincorporated into Tomorrowland's entrance. On the other hand ... if a designer can come up with something that would just completely blow my mind away .. then I'd say ... good bye 1967 silver flanking pieces .. and say HI to something really awe inspiring.

And then of course .... tying everything together ... would be ... ta da .... an entirely brand new Peoplemover design. Cal/OSHA approved. The buildings that currently have paths too narrow .. would all be rebuilt anyway .. so .. no reason Disney can't appease Cal/OSHA with an approved design. Traveling at moderate speeds ... just like the old one. Large capacity. Holding every age group possible. Not something fast .. going only for a small demographic. And .. also this time ... the new Peoplemover trains .. light up at night.

So .. does this all sound like Tomorrowland 1967 all over again? Well ... I am deliberately being ambiguous about some of the new attractions. So, it would be different, because of the actual ride type content. I want to see what some brilliant artistic type designers can come up with. Not rehashes .. of movies redone as full-on rides. ORIGINAL content. The overall look of the land .... A new look that takes design cues from architectural greats .. like Za Hadid .. and the City of Arts buildings I've shown earlier in this topic.

My version of TL ... is taking the "TL:67" premise .. to the next level.

With one sweeping cohesive feel .. from one end of TL to the other.

No multiple franchises to confuse it .. to the continuation of Frankenstien Land .. it currently is. But a land .. that does re-emphasize .... the wonder .. and awe .... of a land that is not only entertaining ... but a bit educational too.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Artistic integrity

As for a method to get back to the top of a new Rocket Jets ....

Something fairly new that makes me wonder.....

A curved escalator........

MY SIGNATURE:

Bring in a bulldozer! mow it down and start fresh! Whatever they do you know it will be good. I personally would like to see interactive queues. Tomorrowland has been ignored for far too long.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by 5150pirate View Post
    Whatever they do you know it will be good.
    No, I don't know that

Pooh

Tarzan's Treehouse

Starbucks
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

So true lol

• Sock Puppet

I think what we should see from Tomorrowland is still a romantic future, but from the view of the atomic age of the 1950s. I'm thinking many atomic-like sculptures of red, yellow, and blue. Lots of white with rocket designs. They could bring back the peoplemover themed to Jestson-like flying saucers with the iconic sound. Space Mountain would fit well with a slight re-theming to a Star Trek original series look. Bring back a more advanced version of Adventure Through Inner Space. The Pizza Port can stay as well, since it fits with the 50s feel. Turn the Innoventions building into the Stark Expo of yesteryear. Just some suggestions and wishful thinking.

• Chief Troublemaker

Peoplemover, America Sings, Rocket to Mars, Adventure through Inner Space, Circlevision, Original subs, Autopia, Space Mountain, Astro-orbiter. Sound familiar? Maybe we can call it "Yester-Tomorrowland"!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

This is my first post, so please don't be harsh on my ideas.

I'd keep the land in its 2005 colors, but alot would change:

TOMORROWLAND PEOPLEMOVER - The focal point of the refurb. Would run on mostly the same track route (it would be re-routed to skirt the Space Mountain dome like in Florida), and on the same Goodyear tires. The track would be rebuilt in a form very similar to the TTA to conform with Cal/OSHA standards, but without the roof to allow unobstructed views. The cars themselves would also be the same, but with their 1967 colors. The tour would be presented as an actual, fictional intra-city transit agency in what is known as Progress City.

STAR TOURS - Removal of the "Adventures Continue" subtitle since many of first-time visitors would likely not remember the old ride. Other than that, the only noticable addition would be new destinations from Episode VII.

SPACE MOUNTAIN - Would remain the same on the outside (barring Cal/OSHA-mandated modifications). On the inside, would be mostly the same with the same effects and soundtrack. The big difference, though, is the theming, as it is now being depicted as a NASA Refueling Station in orbit around the moon. The end would now depict a diorama of the entire complex. Also, in the post-show, the old exit music for Florida's Space Mountain, We've Come So Far (Promising Tomorrows) would be heard, as it would at all Space Mountains worldwide. I don't know why, but I just happen to really like how it sounds, how much it gives you hope for the future. I'd want people to walk out with that feeling.

AUTOPIA
    - Would go back to having two tracks (Tomorrowland and Fantasyland). The Tomorrowland track would be depicted as the main highway in and out of Progress City. The Fantasyland track would be depicted as an experiment in dimensional warping. The cars would go back to the retro look, and would switch to electrical with loud vibrators underneath to give the impression that the car is gas-powered. That is, until you make it to the halfway point and the vibrators are turned off. Drivers then go underground and get a little lesson on alternative fuels.

CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS - The original 1967 show, presented for nostalgic reasons. The opening narration states that the show is a look at Walt Disney's views on progress and the future.

CIRCLE-VISION 360 - The same old CircleVison we all know and love, now showing a rotating repertoire of shows, including America the Beautiful, Mysteries of Space, Merry Christmas Tomorrowland, and Re-Genesis of Transportation.

MISSION: SPACE - A clone of the Epcot attraction to be located where Redd Rocket's Pizza Port is now. A full-sized Moonliner would be put out front.

SUBMARINE VOYAGE - Removal of the Nemo theme and return to a straight-up voyage through liquid space, now presented as a demonstration tour of the Tomorrowland Marine Research Facility, featuring actual fish and a live-narration rather than a pre-recorded one.

ROCKET JET
    - Relocated back atop the PeopleMover station. The Observatron would be rebuilt back into its 1967 configuration, and presented as "Tomorrowland's Most Beloved Children's Ride".

MAGIC EYE THEATRE - Captain EO and his crew would leave once and for all, and the theatre would now present a repertoire of 3D films featuring The Avengers, Star Wars, Big Hero 6, and Tomorrowland: The Epic Rebirth.

MONORAIL
    - Would undergo exponential expansion. The Tomorrowland-Downtown Disney route would be retained, and brand-new routes would be built to LAX and Hollywood (with federal backing). New monorails would also be built.

RAILROAD - The Tomorrowland station would finally be repainted to match the rest of Tomorrowland, but aside from that and removing the lanterns, would remain the same. The Grand Canyon diorama would be completely rebuilt, though. The Grand Canyon diorama would be rebuilt as a diorama depicting a jump through time, and the Primeval World diorama would remain the same.

There you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

Forget just putting on the Rocket Rod's platform, why can't we have these all over the place in Tomorrowland?! I know that escalators are pretty common but having one that's curved? That would be amazing and in my mind would be a fine substitute to the speed ramp for a new Tomorrowland.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    No, I don't know that

Pooh

Tarzan's Treehouse

Starbucks

Lol. Good point.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

A few years ago someone posted about a curved escalator and it blew my mind. We came to the same conclusion then. Bring them in!

I agree bring the curved escalators

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Peoplemover, America Sings, Rocket to Mars, Adventure through Inner Space, Circlevision, Original subs, Autopia, Space Mountain, Astro-orbiter. Sound familiar? Maybe we can call it "Yester-Tomorrowland"!
    Yeah, I was going to say something like that; something like "I was already there -- anytime I visited between May 1977 (opening of Space Mountain) and September 1985 (closing of Adventure Thru Inner Space)."

I shrunk to the size of an atom. I rode a rocket ship high up in the blue sky and through the darkest regions of space. I sat in a spinning theater and was entertained by (thinly-disguised) robots. I took a trip to Mars. Wow, the future was fantastic.

• Your cadaverous pallor

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    No, I don't know that

Pooh

Tarzan's Treehouse

Starbucks
    Pooh is great! Starbucks, Tarzan's not the best Ideas
    I Fresh baked!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast