• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Is there a shuttle that goes from the Parking lot behind the Gardenwalk to Disney?

Hello all.

A few years back we can recall there was a parking lot owned by Disney behind the Garden Walk. Maybe it was an overflow lot... I am not sure. But I remember there was a free shuttle that went from the Bus Loop Area to the Parking lot and back.

Does this still exist?

We are staying at the Anaheim Plaza Inn across from the Garden Walk and one of our party is physically challenged and the shorter commute would be a huge benefit for us.

So, yes, technically we are not parking there but would be helped out a great deal by a shuttle service... even if it were not free..... but free is nice!

Disney Road

• Under that tree again!

Re: Is there a shuttle that goes from the Parking lot behind the Gardenwalk to Disney

That parking lot is called the Pumba Lot and is used on busy days.

There is no shuttle from it to the parks.

From the Anahiem Plaza Inn, you can take ART to the parks, Anaheim Resort Transit, for a few dollars.

The walk will take about 7 minutes at a normal pace, if that is difficult you won't want the hour long walks in the park. Rent an ECV. There are rentals available just across Disney Way in the front of the Ramada Maingate. You can also rent them and have them delivered to your hotel.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Re: Is there a shuttle that goes from the Parking lot behind the Gardenwalk to Disney

Depending on how full parking is expected to get, occasionally Disney has you park at the Gardenwalk garage. On days they do this, there is a shuttle

That parking lot is called the Pumba Lot and is used on busy days.

There is no shuttle from it to the parks.

Just fyi, this may vary. I used to not like getting directed to Pumbaa because of the lack of shuttle, but the last time I ended up in there there was a shuttle bus. So, I'm not sure if this is a recent every day change, or if it depends on capacity that they sometimes do buses from Pubaa now.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    Just fyi, this may vary. I used to not like getting directed to Pumbaa because of the lack of shuttle, but the last time I ended up in there there was a shuttle bus. So, I'm not sure if this is a recent every day change, or if it depends on capacity that they sometimes do buses from Pubaa now.[/COLOR]
    I think Toy Story has to be filled before the buses are used elsewhere. Due to the timing of their trip, the main parking lots are not likely to fill up.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Anaheim ART Bus are redoing there Bus map
    $5.00 for whole day
    there is a Garden walk bus but four or five stop before goto disney resort stop
    the main bus stop is Disneyland

I stay at new year eve at super 8 and I walk to Pumbaa parking lot to save a walk
    If Disney use Garden walk parking lot is free and there is a shuttle
    Anaheim Art bus map link
    there is now five route stop at Garden walk
    One more there is a bus stop at the corner of street I think is route 18 comming back from Knotts berry farm.
    So your hotel is off of Disney way across of Pumbaa parking lot some week day the park lot is not open that I been toll
    Last edited by akfandisney; 03-15-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    Anaheim ART Bus are redoing there Bus map
    $5.00 for whole day
    there is a Garden walk bus but four or five stop before goto disney resort stop
    the main bus stop is Disneyland

I stay at new year eve at super 8 and I walk to Pumbaa parking lot to save a walk
    If Disney use Garden walk parking lot is free and there is a shuttle
    Anaheim Art bus map link
    there is now five route stop at Garden walk
    One more there is a bus stop at the corner of street I think is route 18 comming back from Knotts berry farm.
    So your hotel is off of Disney way across of Pumbaa parking lot some week day the park lot is not open that I been toll
    When the OP is visiting it is very unlikely the Pumba Lot will be in use. And no chance that guests will be parking at Garden Walk, that is on near capacity days.

Walking to Garden Walk is not a great solution.
    1. Garden Walk ART bud stops, on Katella near the restaurants, in the middle of it, and on Harbor near the intersection with Katella. These stops are not nearby. The two properties, the Anaheim Plaza and Garden Walk area huge. Walking to these is around the distance of walking from the hotel to the Esplanade.

2. If you want to take ART, it has a route right to the Lobby of the OPs hotel.
    Be Cool Stay in School!