Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
Growing up, I didn't have any dark haired princesses to identify with. Unless you count Snow White, nobody looked like me. I'm not too bent out of shape about not yet having a Japanese princess or Hawaiian princess (wait, scratch that...Moana is in the future! HOORAY!!!!) I was and still am obsessed with Cinderella and I'm no fair blonde, although technically Cinderella was a strawberry blonde / redhead and will always be that version in my eyes. And while I'm on the subject of her transformation, I want her silvery dress back...not the current blue one. I'm glad that Disney has added different princesses through the years like Pocahontas, Jasmine, Mulan, and Tiana. I always said to my family in a half-joking, half-serious way, that if I was ever going to work for Disneyland and be a Disney princess, it would have always been the Asian one. I could never be Cinderella.
If you want to add to the list of dark haired Princesses in a feature film, Idina Menzel's character (Nancy) in Enchanted, becomes animated at the end of the movie, AND officially gets the title when she marries Prince Edward.