Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Suspended

Thumbs up Disney and it's Disney Princess's

What race hasn't Disney covered with it's Princess's line? I know they have yet to do a Hispanic Princess.

• Minion

Re: Disney and it's Disney Princess's

actually, Sofia is supposedly supposed to be Latino, and yes, she counts (unfortunately)
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Suspended

She is NOT Hispanic she's white.

• Senior Minion

Who is Sophia? I'm trying to think of what movie that is and drawing a complete blank. Also, you can be white and be Hispanic, because Hispanic refers to a language group not a race.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Who is Sophia? I'm trying to think of what movie that is and drawing a complete blank. Also, you can be white and be Hispanic, because Hispanic refers to a language group not a race.
    Sofia the First - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Senior Minion

Oh, no wonder I didn't know who she was. If she's not in a movie, to me that hardly counts as one of the featured princesses.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Oh, no wonder I didn't know who she was. If she's not in a movie, to me that hardly counts as one of the featured princesses.
    That's what I figured is Sophia is part Hispanic but she isn't a "main" Disney princess and the only places she has appeared are on Disney Jr. Live on Stage and on Disney Jr. itself.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    That's what I figured is Sophia is part Hispanic but she isn't a "main" Disney princess and the only places she has appeared are on Disney Jr. Live on Stage and on Disney Jr. itself.
    well, she also does meet and greets
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Queen Elsa

Also Cinderella, Ariel & Jasmine have show up with Sofia in her show so she does to count as a Princess.

Growing up, I didn't have any dark haired princesses to identify with. Unless you count Snow White, nobody looked like me. I'm not too bent out of shape about not yet having a Japanese princess or Hawaiian princess (wait, scratch that...Moana is in the future! HOORAY!!!!) I was and still am obsessed with Cinderella and I'm no fair blonde, although technically Cinderella was a strawberry blonde / redhead and will always be that version in my eyes. And while I'm on the subject of her transformation, I want her silvery dress back...not the current blue one. I'm glad that Disney has added different princesses through the years like Pocahontas, Jasmine, Mulan, and Tiana. I always said to my family in a half-joking, half-serious way, that if I was ever going to work for Disneyland and be a Disney princess, it would have always been the Asian one. I could never be Cinderella.

• Chief Troublemaker

So, to address OP's question, I guess Disney's covered pretty much all the major ethnic bases, including Amphibian (Tiana as frog) and Piscatorian (Ariel as mermaid).

Caucasian; Snow, Belle, Aurora, etc

Caucasian of Hispanic descent; Sofia the First (if Disney counts her, I will too)

Asian; Mulan

African descent; Tiana

Arabic/Middle Eastern; Jasmine

Native American; Pocahontas

There are so many wonderful legends/folk tales from so many different cultures, I'd love to see more classic-style animated features featuring these tales!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So, to address OP's question, I guess Disney's covered pretty much all the major ethnic bases, including Amphibian (Tiana as frog) and Piscatorian (Ariel as mermaid).

Caucasian; Snow, Belle, Aurora, etc

Caucasian of Hispanic descent; Sofia the First (if Disney counts her, I will too)

Asian; Mulan

African descent; Tiana

Arabic/Middle Eastern; Jasmine

Native American; Pocahontas

There are so many wonderful legends/folk tales from so many different cultures, I'd love to see more classic-style animated features featuring these tales!
    I agree. I forgot to mention in my last post that I'm a mixture of Caucasian background as well so even though I didn't have princesses that "looked" like me, plenty princesses shared my mother's family background.

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    I've seen her on the streets in DCA tons of times!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Citizen of Buena Vista St

I always thought a South American setting would do well for some sort of Princess and the Pea movie, the music, clothing and settings would be wonderful!!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

Asian; Mulan
    Technically, Mulan ISN'T a Princess, but she is included in the Princess Line. They need to do a Samoan, or Pacific Islander, Princess, which I heard they will be doing in the near future.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast