Question New parades for the 60th? no,not for the 60th

Is it true that DL put on hold the projects of Steve Davison to create new parades for the 60th beacuse of My magic+ at WDW?

• Under that tree again!

Re: New parades for the 60th? no,not for the 60th

Just a rumor.

DL just got a new parade. Soundsational is just a couple years old. Maybe we will get a night time parade. A new night parade is what we commonly speculate.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

REALLY?? I don't get why anyone would even believe that. Is the MyMagic+ rollout going as smooth as Disney may have wanted, no. But to believe that they expected to see additional revenue to compensate for the cost of implementing MM+ is crazy. So I highly doubt that Disney would put things on hold in DisneyLAND for an issue with a new system being tried out at WDW.

For more on this topic I refer you to the latest episode of The Hub podcast "Hub #65 Everything Is Cancelled" Hub #65: Everything is Cancelled | The Hub Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Just a rumor.

DL just got a new parade. Soundsational is just a couple years old. Maybe we will get a night time parade. A new night parade is what we commonly speculate.
    Pixar Play Parade is also getting pretty old and I think it could use either a heavy refresh or replacement... It would be nice to see the Ratatouille float back as well as some love for other characters like Merida/Brave and UP, Wall-E

Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Pixar Play Parade is also getting pretty old and I think it could use either a heavy refresh or replacement... It would be nice to see the Ratatouille float back as well as some love for other characters like Merida/Brave and UP, Wall-E

I could see DCA getting a new parade at any time, as you stated it's getting old. But DCA just turned 13, so I doubt a parade would come for an anniversary, though they may want to make a big deal out of its 15th.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I recently went on the Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps Tour and I flat out asked the tour guide if there was ever any plan to get the electrical light parade back (you know, for the 60th?!?!) ... and he told me that it's currently in WDW, but that "anything can happen" and he winked.

Now, I know better than to take this as any kind of hard evidence, but, in my opinion, if Disneyland is going to celebrate the 60th in this throw back/retro style, I would think that a retro parade - ie. The Electrcal Light Parade--would be a perfect addition!

One can hope...