Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 144
  1. #16

    • #bringevilback
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    1,258

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    I'd probably die a little inside. I resent the idea.
    And then think...what is Disney doing to the park?
    It's just not an iconic Disney movie.

    I would beg them to consider a Lion King ride, instead. Or Beauty and the Beast...please. Out of ALL of the other AMAZING options, I don't see why they would pick Frozen over any of them.
    Frozen is popular and has a HUGE following right now, and almost no presence in the park. It might not have the test of time, but it does have the backing of the box office, plus a stage version in the works. Don't get me wrong, I'd love one of the classics from my childhood like lion king or beauty and the beast, but this wouldn't surprise me. I don't think this should be taken as a fact, though... I put this on par with the cast member that was saying they were going to be building a monster's inc ride over in DCA with constructing starting this summer. Sure, I believe that...

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    151

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    About the Matterhorn turning into Frozen. Frozen is Norwegian, and the Matterhorn is Swiss and built to replicate the Matterhorn. Right now Frozen is all caught up in the hype being one of the best Disney movies in awhile, but to build a whole ride based on it, No! There are so many better Disney movies to base a ride on. When I was at DLR last month, there was a 3 hour wait to M&G the Frozen princesses. I mean, when Ice Age came out, everyone was talking about it. Now, you don't hear a word about it. I know, I know Ice Age is pixar not Disney. You get point right?

  3. #18

    • #bringevilback
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    1,258

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    Quote Originally Posted by brendonb28 View Post
    About the Matterhorn turning into Frozen. Frozen is Norwegian, and the Matterhorn is Swiss and built to replicate the Matterhorn. Right now Frozen is all caught up in the hype being one of the best Disney movies in awhile, but to build a whole ride based on it, No! There are so many better Disney movies to base a ride on. When I was at DLR last month, there was a 3 hour wait to M&G the Frozen princesses. I mean, when Ice Age came out, everyone was talking about it. Now, you don't hear a word about it. I know, I know Ice Age is pixar not Disney. You get point right?
    Ice Age was not Pixar, it's Blue Sky Studios from 20th Century Fox. Also, while Frozen took it's inspiration from Norway, it actually takes place in Arendelle, a fictional kingdom. That said, I do think it would be sad for them to take over the Matterhorn.

  4. #19

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    349

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    When Disneyland first opened, thereby immortalizing Sleeping Beauty's Castle, the movie Sleeping Beauty had not even come out yet... It may be not be a ride, but it's arguably the most iconic element of Disneyland. I don't think a movie's youth is a negative in terms of movie-to-ride conversion. I will admit it makes it slightly more of a risque, but so is any new ride. Perhaps a ride would only serve to solidify Frozen as a potential Disney classic.

    However, for all the debate on whether or not a movie deserves a ride, it really comes down to whether you like the movie or not. For that matter, Lion King is another movie loved by both critics and audiences. However, because I think it is overrated, I don't think it should get a ride. Nevertheless, if it was done well (like RSR), at least I could still enjoy it.
    I guess what I'm saying is that there are movies that came before Frozen would be better choices for a ride and really embody Disney. The Beauty and the Beast, the Lion King, 101 Dalmatians...those are all classics because of when they were made, the amazing music, the graphics, etc (although, some could argue that the Lion King and BATB really aren't classics). But movies like Frozen and Tangled, to me, don't really capture the Disney magic. I would much prefer it if Cinderella or 101 Dalmatians got their own rides because Walt worked with those movies and he had a part in it all. That, to me, is what should be in the park. The Lion King was a major success yet Disney probably hasn't considered making a ride out of it (or they have and decided not to) so why should Frozen, also a major success, get a ride over a movie that has come before it? And I happen to think that Frozen is overrated.

  5. #20

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,606

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    Even though I'm in the camp of those who found Frozen to be overrated, it's not the success of the movie that matters as much as it is the execution of the ride itself. If the Frozen dark ride were to be a run-of-the-mill ride through of the story and musical moments like it was with The Little Mermaid then no thanks. I'd rather have a ride that takes you into the film's setting as opposed to rewatching a movie in ride form. I think it would be even worse if they are gonna reskin the Matterhorn to this like it's rumored.

    BTW, where would ride go anyway? Something would have to give wouldn't it?
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    1,562 Miles East of DisneyLand
    Posts
    593

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    It makes no difference to me if rides are based on franchises or not. All that matters is the execution. The story is key to me.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    822

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Hey, I'll take any new ride at DL since it's been so long, but I'd be suprised if they've already decided on a Frozen ride. I would think they'd want to give it at least 5 years to see if the popularity is sustainable or not. The ride is going to be there for decades. It has to be popular enough to continue to attract riders 10 years from now.

    By the way, when was the last new ride at DL? Was it Winnie the Pooh?
    Yes, I think Winnie the Pooh was the last ride that build completely new, not counting Star Wars, Submarines, and the Matterhorn which were all basically long refurbishments of existing attractions that were "plussed".
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

  8. #23

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,649

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    hopefully not. they have enough rides already. no need.

  9. #24

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,929
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    As long as it's not taking over the Matterhorn..go for it good movies and the snow setting would be somewhat unique to the parks besides the Matterhorn/HMH

  10. #25

    • Mickey Ear Biter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    near the happiest place on earth!
    Posts
    283

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    I guess what I'm saying is that there are movies that came before Frozen would be better choices for a ride and really embody Disney. The Beauty and the Beast, the Lion King, 101 Dalmatians...those are all classics because of when they were made, the amazing music, the graphics, etc (although, some could argue that the Lion King and BATB really aren't classics). But movies like Frozen and Tangled, to me, don't really capture the Disney magic. I would much prefer it if Cinderella or 101 Dalmatians got their own rides because Walt worked with those movies and he had a part in it all. That, to me, is what should be in the park. The Lion King was a major success yet Disney probably hasn't considered making a ride out of it (or they have and decided not to) so why should Frozen, also a major success, get a ride over a movie that has come before it? And I happen to think that Frozen is overrated.
    I wouldn't say better choices, but they have just as much potential. With all the [major] movies they have not done, why not choose something as beloved as Cinderella? It has proven to stand the test of time. While I think Frozen is a great option, I understand it is one of many.

    However, mere seniority alone does not make something a better candidate.

    In some ways, it is unfair to say that Cinderella captures Disney magic and/or belongs in the parks more than Frozen (or Lion King) because Walt himself worked on it. If that is the case, then the Disney magic is dead except for the memories and existing content.

    Of course, like you say, "to me" , Disney magic is a feeling and in many ways subjective. It seems to me that a large part of the "Magic" is the nostalgia Disney invokes, whether it be of our childhood, our children's childhood or an idealized time and space. New films, such as Frozen and Tangled, are at a disadvantage in that department for the very fact that many of us are not "raised" with them or have not had long enough to raise our kids with them. In other words, in their newness they are not yet established "Disney" and thus sometimes feel secondary to existing content.
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

  11. #26

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,429

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    What is the shortest time from film release to ride announcement or confirmed plan?

    We are at about 4 months.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  12. #27

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    What is the shortest time from film release to ride announcement or confirmed plan?

    We are at about 4 months.
    if you don't count meet and greets in which case most of them open before hte film, then maybe the Pirates of the Caribbean update Pirates 1 came out in 2003 and the update opened with the second film if I remember correctly which was 2006. One could alsoe argue that ElecTRONica opened about 2 months before the film.
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  13. #28

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,092

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    Not an announcement of anything specific:

    Jan. 13, 2014

    Frozen Headed to Broadway, Disney's Bob Iger Says | TIME.com

    Frozen
    Headed to Broadway



    The next obvious step, then, is to take the songs to Broadway. And that’s not all. Iger told Fortune that because the movie has “franchise potential” we can expect toys, clothes, theme park rides and even sequels based on the film’s characters.




  14. #29

    • Down Pluto!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Altered State
    Posts
    3,999

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    No thank you. Not a good enough film for a ride. Disney has made much better films that do not have rides.

    But then they did install Tarzan in the Treehouse, so apparently good story and good movie is not a requirement anymore...







    I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

  15. #30

    • One Little Spark...
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    836

    Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

    If this were true I can see it being a dark ride. Maybe something like Little Mermaid. I can't imagine creating a thrill ride out of Frozen that would not be accommodating to the younger ones who love the movie.








Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] What Classic Disney Movie should get a ride at Disneyland?
    By DisneyDreams714 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 03:00 PM
  2. I get to ride Space Mt.
    By dshimel in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 05:37 PM
  3. Woman Hospitalized After Ride At Disneyland - KNBC TV L.A., 6/28/05
    By Darkbeer in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 08:07 PM
  4. Lion King Ride At Disneyland
    By llama5492 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 10:08 AM
  5. Get a ride fix right now!
    By Darkbeer in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 03:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •