Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Artistic integrity

Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

Yeah ... well .. Robert Downey Jr could have said "an Iron Man ride is coming to Disneyland".
    Jeff Bridges could have said ... "a Tron ride ride was coming"...
    David Hartman from the 1974 film "Island at the top of the World" ride was coming.......
    And Julie Andrews state ... Mary Poppins ride is coming (1970s).....

All considerations at one time.

WDI's role is to create HUNDREDS of proposals......

doesn't mean any one of them are going to happen.

And they haven't!

The amount of hurdles a proposal has to go through are staggering.

And from Tron .. to Marvel .. to Star Wars ... to Frozen ... or even John Carter from Mars ... any actor at any time .. any place can make wild statements about "something coming".

Doesn't mean it actually is going to!

AND SECONDLY ....

I doubt Disney was counting on Frozen bringing in 1 billion to the box office ... and only got WDI started on this ... now.

And remember ... from pencil sketch ... to ribbon cutting opening ceremony ..... It takes 5 years for attractions to become reality.

So .. by the time a Frozen ride opens ... It's 2019 .... and by then .... will the momentum still be going strong for this film?

THIRDLY .. where is this going to go, anyway? Only open spot is Motor Boat Cruise area. Anywhere else ... count on saying "bye-bye" to something.

I wouldn't mind seeing the west half of Toontown go CA'BOOM! The Fantasyland Theatre is another thought ... but after years .. it's just come back for stage productions. And DL should have one large stage venue for seasonal shows.

Only other location ... would be spilling into Frontierland territory .. with an entrance on the side of Fantasyland. (Skyway location?)
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 03-15-2014 at 05:13 AM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

I would love to see an all-new ride at Disneyland, as long as none of the existing ones are removed for it. (except Autopia, of course. Can't get rid of that land-hog fast enough for me!) But still, my top three most wanted Fantasyland ride stories would be B&TB, Cinderella, and Aladdin.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

It would be cool to see a Aladdin ride where you ride on a soaring carpet through Aggrabah.

• Minion

ORDDU: As others have pointed out, any attraction can be popular at the parks as long as it's well made. The movie's popularity has nothing to do with the popularity of an attraction.

ORWEN: Yeah, they could even make a fantastic dark ride for The Black Cauldron and as long as guests loved the attraction it wouldn't matter how badly the movie bombed. I mean, look at all the popular attractions at the park that don't even have movie tie-in's. They are still popular!

• Future Imagineer

Hopefully this is true. I loved Frozen and have been through several designs for attractions based of the film. This might have just a little bit more meat to it than other rumors because it's coming from the actor (Remember the actor for Ron Wesley talking about shooting in London for Diagon Alley). I would also like to point out that just because an attraction is based off of a movie that some may not like, doesn't mean it can't make for a great theme park attraction (Look at Transformers, Song of the South, 3rd Man on the Mountain, The Mummy series, etc). For me at least, as long as they provide a high quality experience with great detail and entertainment value, it doesn't really matter to me if it's original or not; some of the best rides in the parks are movie based like Splash Mtn, Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror (TV show based), Matterhorn (loosely), RSR, and more. After all, it is DISNEYland, a place for everyone of all ages can enjoy unique stories and experience some of them with their favorite characters (original or not)

• Indiana Scott

Well, it would certainly be cool if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    I wouldn't say better choices, but they have just as much potential. With all the [major] movies they have not done, why not choose something as beloved as Cinderella? It has proven to stand the test of time. While I think Frozen is a great option, I understand it is one of many.

However, mere seniority alone does not make something a better candidate.

In some ways, it is unfair to say that Cinderella captures Disney magic and/or belongs in the parks more than Frozen (or Lion King) because Walt himself worked on it. If that is the case, then the Disney magic is dead except for the memories and existing content.
    I never said that JUST because they are old, they're better choices. I'm saying there's more Disney to them, with the songs, graphics, the characters. That's just me.
    I think it is fair to say that they're more magical because Walt worked with them. He was the one that started it all. Is Cinderella more magical than the Lion King? I'd say so. I also never said that the Disney magic is dead...of course, I would appreciate it if they kept things the way Walt wanted it to be because yeah, that's more magical. It's Walt DISNEY. That's his last name. It wouldn't be so Disney anymore if they started straying from his original path.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    some of the best rides in the parks are movie based like Splash Mtn, Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror (TV show based), Matterhorn (loosely), RSR, and more. After all, it is DISNEYland, a place for everyone of all ages can enjoy unique stories and experience some of them with their favorite characters (original or not)
    The Matterhorn...sorry what? It's a mountain ins Switzerland, not a movie.

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    The Matterhorn...sorry what? It's a mountain ins Switzerland, not a movie.
    The idea for putting it in the park came about because Walt became enamored with the mountain while filming the movie Third Man on the Mountain. It's inclusion in the park can very clearly be tied to production on that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: As others have pointed out, any attraction can be popular at the parks as long as it's well made. The movie's popularity has nothing to do with the popularity of an attraction.
    Say I went to Universal and there's a Harry Potter dark ride. I wouldn't go on it because I hate Harry Potter. Maybe once, but even if it was really well made, I hate the movies and books so why would I ride it again?

If it's a roller coaster, well that's a different story.

But Frozen is a popular MOVIE, which is why they might consider making a ride out of it. If it's not popular, they wouldn't make a ride out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    The idea for putting it in the park came about because Walt became enamored with the mountain while filming the movie Third Man on the Mountain. It's inclusion in the park can very clearly be tied to production on that movie.
    While that may be true, the Matterhorn itself is not based on a movie. It might have been included in the park because​ of a movie, but it's not based off of one.

• Not the Hawkguy

While that may be true, the Matterhorn itself is not based on a movie. It might have been included in the park because​ of a movie, but it's not based off of one.
    There is a very good chance that there would be no Matterhorn in the park had here not been a movie.

WHY does Cinderella have no official presence in the park outside of a woman in a gown posing for pictures?

I'd probably die a little inside. I resent the idea.
    And then think...what is Disney doing to the park?
    It's just not an iconic Disney movie.

I would beg them to consider a Lion King ride, instead. Or Beauty and the Beast...please. Out of ALL of the other AMAZING options, I don't see why they would pick Frozen over any of them.

I totally agree. I'm REALLY against the immediate addition of a film into the park in the form of a permanent attraction. I understand giving a new film some form of presence in the parks like character meet & greets to promote excitement for the movie, but new rides based on films should be reserved for the classics, at least modern classics. Giving The Little Mermaid a ride is a perfect example. That movie was extremely successful when it came out and it along with it's main character continue to be very, very popular. But it didn't get its own ride till close to 25 years after its release, after which point it had been clearly established as a film/character that holds up over time. Frozen is clearly a success (though I'm personally surprised it's been as successful to the incredible degree it has), but it's not yet a classic. There's only so much room in the parks for attractions (and I don't think all of them should be based on films), don't rush to use today's hit.

Quote Originally Posted by big d View Post
    i would think they'd want to give it at least 5 years to see if the popularity is sustainable or not. The ride is going to be there for decades. It has to be popular enough to continue to attract riders 10 years from now.
    exactly.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast