Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

^ You do realize that frozen has only been around for a few months, right? It is inevitable that it will get more attention in various places in the future.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

• -

Maybe we can kill two birds with one stone and add Frozen and more Star Wars to the park. They can have a ride where Anna and Elsa go to Hoth and get eaten by a Wampa.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Tear out Snow White and Pinocchio and build it there....

Yes, I'm kidding. Tear out Toad instead.

Yes, still kidding. I wouldn't be opposed to a Frozen Ride but it needs to be from scratch and not take over an existing ride or be any type of overlay.

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    Have there been any movies that immediately got a ride green lighted?
    Not that I know of! I'm excited if this actually happens. Wonder where it would go if it did!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Realize, that with new blockbusters coming out, WDI makes concepts that could or won't see the light of day. Given the huge success, it's possible, but for Disneyland? Not really sure. If anything, expect it to replace the Norway attraction at EPCOT. Maybe a Matterhorn overlay, but they'd be pushing their luck doing that. Also note: Lion King was a huge success and we don't have an attraction for that, and it took 20 years for Little Mermaid to get her own as well. It's all in time, definitely possible, but don't hold your breath expecting anything just yet.

• Dave

Blog Entries

What part of Fantasy land would it be placed? Maybe back in the old Videopolis area. I just aged myself! Sorry Fantasyland Theater. I was thinking the old Boat ride area but that might be too conjested an area. With the Matterhorn next door
    Dave

• Dave

Blog Entries

Lion king would have fit well in Adventureland if they had the space
    Dave

Toontown... that's what I was told
    Here I stand, in the light of day, let the storm rage on!!! The cold never bothered me anyway.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Maybe we can kill two birds with one stone and add Frozen and more Star Wars to the park. They can have a ride where Anna and Elsa go to Hoth and get eaten by a Wampa.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    I can see them possibly ripping out Toontoon, nothing stopped them from ripping out Toontown Fair at Magic Kingdom though the Floridians didn't have Cartoon Spin so it might be a little different.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseDL View Post
    Toontown... that's what I was told
    I dunno what the story is behind the DL Toontown but the story behind MK's Toontown was that it was intended to be a temporary land that overstayed its welcome. Because of the elaborate theming and the inclusion of RRCS, I assume DL's Toontown was meant to be more permanent. Plus from what I've read on here the reason there is hesistancy in removing Toontown for an FL expansion is due to that being the area where the fireworks land. I suppose they would have to have sprinklers on the roofs of those areas to solve that issue.

It wouldn't bother me if Toontown was gone but I would like DL's FL expansion to be different from MK's.

However what a great solution it would be if they move Toontown (if it was possible that is) to Hollywoodland in DCA...or at the very least move Roger Rabbit there. Would it be the first time an attraction was removed from one park and transferred to another?

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    However what a great solution it would be if they move Toontown (if it was possible that is) to Hollywoodland in DCA...or at the very least move Roger Rabbit there. Would it be the first time an attraction was removed from one park and transferred to another?
    To my knowledge, they've moved rides within the park they originate in (Fantasyland '83, Tomorrowland '98) and from the World's Fair (Small World, Lincoln), but never from one park to another. From an armchair imagineering perspective, the micechat boards have been overflowing with suggestions to move rides between Disneyland proper and DCA for years. People have called for Country Bears to be installed in Redwood Trail, Nemo Submarines on the wharf (mostly before World of Color, but some people really don't like the show and have suggested it again since), Autopia to Carsland, Toontown (specifically Roger Rabbit) to Hollywoodland, and Buzz Blasters to a general somewhere other than Tomorrowland (people have suggested all over, they really just want it out of Disneyland). I've also seen (and participated in) calls for Star Tours to be moved to the mythical and ever rumored Third Gate. As much as I wish to see some of these things, I highly doubt Disney will ever move attractions.

• Closed Account

Word is that the Frozen overlay for the Matterhorn was shown. Whether it's died in WDI's labyrinth of committees is another story......

• Iron-Clad Allie

Place a new "Frozen" Dole Whip venue as a part of a walk-thru queue, and I'll be all for the ride! Perhaps they could include sipping straws with Olaf and other collectable characters on them.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Hey, at least it's an original idea.

Do you know something about this?
    Here I stand, in the light of day, let the storm rage on!!! The cold never bothered me anyway.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast