Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One day in California Adventure

I was curious if most people have a plan when going to DCA. I am going in June and would like to know what you guys plan when going. I know for sure to RSR fastpass as soon as entering the park, but what about the other part of the day. i want to see most of the shows such as five dime, red trolley news boys, world of color (dining package at carthay circle 1:00?). Any other pointers where should i start after getting fp for RSR. When does the window normally open if i get the fp for RSR if i get it when the park opens? sorry for all the questions i just want to know from the best
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

Re: One day in California Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by TDRFAN25 View Post
    When does the window normally open if i get the fp for RSR if i get it when the park opens? sorry for all the questions i just want to know from the best
    The one time I got FP for Racers, I ended waiting all of Magic Morning (about an hour) for the FPs and I was probably the 200th or 250th person back in line and my return time was 1:45 to 2:45 and note that this was pretty much getting in line at 7AM and then waiting all the way until 8AM to actually recieve the tickets. If you don't mind getting up early, you might as well just head over to the stand by line during Magic Morning.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

It's important to me to try to go on toy story early too.

Most of the DCA strategy involves getting to RSR ASAP. Single rider line is usually moderate and always an improvement over stand-by and, IMHO, FastPass. Yes, there are other big rides at DCA, but there certainly aren't as many as in Disneyland so a coordinated battle plan isn't as necessary. Use FastPass or wait out the lines and you should be able to see just about everything.

If you are going by yourself and don't mind riding with strangers, Single Rider is an awesome way of getting on the ride quicker. My dad and I went single rider last month when the wait otherwise was 2 1/2 hours and we got on in about 25 minutes. Tower of Terror is for adrenaline junkies (Free falling). California Screamin rollercoaster. For WOC people were standing in spots 3-4 hour prior to the show starting. I went rush down to Toy Story Manie as soon as you get you FP for RSR. Also on a hot day, Grizzly River Rapids is a nice way to cool off. That is pretty much the best things to do in DCA.

• Under that tree again!

TFN's experience, that is basically how it works. It barely predictable because you really don't know how many people you will be behind.

It does make a difference if it's a not EMH day. But still hard to tell.

After your RSR FP, get another FP, either for Soarin, Tower of Terror, Goofy's Sky School or Screaming, that's basically and order of priority If you happen to be in the front of the FP line, go right to TSMM before that line builds , this if you can be at TSMM by about 15 minutes after the park opens. Then grab a GSS or CS FP if you don't want to walk to Soarin. Mickey's Fun Wheel also builds a long line so you may want to hit that after TSMM.

The shows are pretty easy to hit. Watch them right before or after lunch.

You can off course get a WoC FP anytime, up into the late afternoon.

WoC and RSR FPs are unnetworked and don't affect when you can get another FP.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Not the Hawkguy

Knocking out RSR and TSMM early seems to be the smartest paths, as those tend to have the worst lines no matter what. In addition, GRR can be bad when the weather gets hot, so doing that before lunch or late at night when there are usually small lines is a smart choice.

Everything else tends to be easy. Outside of RSR and TSMM, I'd probably plan out your day around the shows. Specifically, plan out when you want to see Aladdin, the shows on BVS, WoC, and others, and then hit attractions when they fit around that schedule. DCA is still rather small compared to DL proper in regards to attractions, so this seems like the best course of action.

• The doctor is in

Whenever I go, I just hop in line for RSR first thing and avoid the FP line. The standby line is never that long first thing so it's worth it to just wait and get it over with instead of wasting 20min in the FP line.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

The awesome thing about DCA is that it isn't as crowded or crazy as Disneyland can be. Whenever I'm in DCA I find it's a great time to just relax and enjoy your surroundings. Once you've got your necessary fp's and figured out your time table just wander and ride what you can. There isn't much of a need to rush because there isn't as much to see as DL and there aren't as many people.

What is TSMM and why do I want to knock it out?

(If you see an ethereal white chihuahua under the table when you eat, do not be afraid. I am vicariously enjoying your trip through the magic of the internet & pixie dust.)
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

[QUOTE=DobbysCloset;1057091826]What is TSMM and why do I want to knock it out?
    QUOTE]

Toy Story Mania, similar to Buzz Light Year but you pull on a string at a 3D movie screen and shoot down targets.

Toy Story Mania, similar to the Buzz ride, but you are wearing 3D glasses and ride in a car while pulling on a cannon screen shooting down targets on a movie screen.

• SORCERER

Thumbs up Re: One day in California Adventure

The 3 rides with the longest waits are normally Radiator Springs Racers, Soarin, and Tower of Terror. Keep in mind, the fast pass for tower of terri isn't really that great, you just avoid the outdoor line, which by the way the outdoor line moves faster than any of the lines after the pre-show because they device the lines between the two pre show rooms. Just like the Simpson's ride in Universal Studios hollywood, the line zooms past for the line outside, but as soon as they split the line it moves very slow. I swear the Tower of Terror has the slowest loading and unloading, you stand in front of the elevator for like 10 minutes alone, sometimes more. and that's after the pre shows and second line.

Grizzly river run, only gets long wait in the afternoon as soon as it start to heat up, It good to hit this tide in the morning after your first or second ride, as soon as it start heating up you will dry fast. I do wish disney would provide paper towels at the end like Universal does for Jurassic park.

Radiator springs racers isn't that bad of a standby line, Ive gone in multiple times with a 65 min wait and only ended up waiting 45 mins. As mentioned by other users, sometimes your waiting longer in the Fast Pass line in the morning to get a fast pass then you would wait to just stand in the line in the morning.

Because I'm a little older (23) than the targeted market for this ride, I really don't care to much for it. it's not very fast and not worth the wait to me to go on it again these days, but If you've never been before I certainly recommend it, just to check out what all the fuss is about. It does have very good theming, I will give them that.

I probably won't bother riding it again unless the wait was under 30 mins.
    Last edited by BradleyC; 03-15-2014 at 01:00 PM.

• Former Churro Jockey

Well, I can't see myself spending a full day at DCA, so my plan would be to hit RSR and TSM first thing in the morning, then go over to Disneyland, then maybe come back to DCA in the late afternoon and do Tower, Soarin, and Screamin. Don't stay in DCA until closing and then head over to D-land -- everyon does that and you'll face a pretty long line to get into the park. Try to be already inside Disneyland at least an hour prior to DCA closing.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Well, I can't see myself spending a full day at DCA, so my plan would be to hit RSR and TSM first thing in the morning, then go over to Disneyland, then maybe come back to DCA in the late afternoon and do Tower, Soarin, and Screamin. Don't stay in DCA until closing and then head over to D-land -- everyon does that and you'll face a pretty long line to get into the park. Try to be already inside Disneyland at least an hour prior to DCA closing.
    I love spending a full day at DCA. The food is better (IMO), good shows, good ambiance and theming, you can go at a slower pace, you can ride your fav's more than once, and you can drink! I love sitting and having a glass of wine between the hustle and bustle. And once you've done everything there is to do you can just enjoy the beauty of Carsland once the sun goes down. Ahhhh....I'm feeling relaxed just thinking about it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast