Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Stalking Characters/Cast Members at Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by joshteevee View Post
    Ah yes, the Mad T Party band. They have a...how shall I say this...passionate fanbase.
    My granddaughter had read a lot about the Mad T Party on line and was looking forward to seeing them, so we arrived early and she staked out a spot right in front. Some local girls came by awhile later and told her that she would have to move as this was where they always watched the show and it was their spot. My daughter (the aunt) calmly said that we only came to the park once a year and since they "always" had this spot it would be nice of them to leave my gd where she was. They said ok and joined her, but they talked like they knew all the different cast members and talked about their favorites, etc. My gd loves the show and will probably see it when we go in the summer but you are right about the fan base. Those girls followed the singers when they left the stage.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gramiangel420 View Post
    My granddaughter had read a lot about the Mad T Party on line and was looking forward to seeing them, so we arrived early and she staked out a spot right in front. Some local girls came by awhile later and told her that she would have to move as this was where they always watched the show and it was their spot. My daughter (the aunt) calmly said that we only came to the park once a year and since they "always" had this spot it would be nice of them to leave my gd where she was. They said ok and joined her, but they talked like they knew all the different cast members and talked about their favorites, etc. My gd loves the show and will probably see it when we go in the summer but you are right about the fan base. Those girls followed the singers when they left the stage.
    LOL - Mad Tea Party groupies @DCA! (Why does this strike me as so funny?)

• Meh

Yeah I've definitely heard of all the ladies going crazy for Jack Sparrow and then Disney having to remove him completely :P
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

As creepy as stalking a face character seems, what would be creepy, would be someone who regularly stocks a non face character.

When I was a CM I knew a fellow CM that was being stalked by her ex. I think they met outside of DL, but after they broke up he stalked her at work. She got a restraining order so he wasn't allowed at DL, but he was vandalizing her car in the cast member lot so Disney security gave her a special parking pass so she could park in a more secure lot usually reserved for management.

There was also a CM that had a thing for one of the band members in a group that used to perform at Tomorrowland Terrace. She would stop by after her shifts and watch them then meet backstage. The guy seemed uncomfortable at first, but they eventually ended up together.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandaddict13 View Post
    I have a favorite dancer in Mickey and the Magical Map and sometimes I will watch the show a couple of times a day to see him dance. I don't think that would be considered stalking, but sometimes I do wish that the Mapmakers had a meet and greet so I could get a photo with him and tell him how much I appreciate his commitment to the role and his high energy.
    I might know who you're talking about! I've only seen the show once, but there were two dancers I couldn't keep my eyes off of - one guy and one girl. The guy was especially charismatic and his movements animated.

I'm sure CMs have their stories, but most performers I know are flattered when a guest takes a particular liking to them. I think it's rare that it becomes inappropriate and stalker-ish and I suppose Disney would take that very seriously. Even when CPs are "outed" most of their fans will maintain character integrity in the parks...

Goofy stalked me once! When I was a kid I was terrified of characters and Goofy would not leave me alone :0 he even followed me under a table. Looking back my parents should've asked a CM to direct him elsewhere. I know he thought I would warm up to him, but I was crying and running.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandaddict13 View Post
    I have a favorite dancer in Mickey and the Magical Map and sometimes I will watch the show a couple of times a day to see him dance. I don't think that would be considered stalking, but sometimes I do wish that the Mapmakers had a meet and greet so I could get a photo with him and tell him how much I appreciate his commitment to the role and his high energy.
    Nah, I wouldn't call it stalking either. I have a few favorite performers in that show as well... some of them are just great dancers, others just look great on stage. And of course some are great singers... and a few of the dudes have great stunts too. And yes, I used the word "great" 5 times in this paragraph!

But I agree that there should be a meet & greet after the show as I'm a huge fan of live singing, dancing, and stage productions. I know it's not quite the same, but I also love meeting the stunt men and women at the Universal Studios Hollywood "Water World" show.

• The Disneyland Bro

I'm lucky to have never been *stalked* but as a CM there were some guests who'd visit me or come to my location specifically to find me & talk to me. I was really flattered, it was only an issue when I'd be at a "busy" position like loading/unloading guests and wouldn't be able to chat.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Is it stalking if you show up at their house in the middle of the night asking for photos and an autograph?
    Naw, that is true love! :P

• Im awkward youre gorgeous

Sometimes when I go to the park I want to just go visit Rapunzel to see how she's doing, what she's up to, say hi. I have her autograph and several photos but I keep going back! But it's not really one particular "friend" of Rapunzel.... I just love Rapunzel! That's not weird is it?

• Ambassador of good will

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post
    Really? I didn't even think about him getting stalked.
    There was an article of a former Jack Sparrow written a few years back talking about the stalkers.

Features - Los Angeles magazine *

pretty interesting read
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234