Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Loving all things Disney!

Stalking Characters/Cast Members at Disney?

Hey guys!
    Do you know any stories of characters that hav
    e gotten stalked at Disneyland or DisneyWorld? I think I've heard of one story where this lady was a "friend of Snow White" at Disneyland. She said that an older guy would frequently come for autographs/pictures and could very easily tell when it wasn't her (when there was another "friend of Snow White"). They eventually had to kick him out of the park, it got so bad (i.e. he threatened her, etc. --YIKES!).

I would think that it would happen pretty frequently, with all of the weirdos out there. Have any of you guys heard any stories of this occurring?

• I'm not really here

Re: Stalking Characters/Cast Members at Disney?

There's a reason you don't see Captain Jack Sparrow out and about much any more.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Another reason to get rid of APs!

(I kid, I kid)
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

• Senior Monorail Minion

This thread in itself is extremely creepy...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Minion

ORGOCH: Creepy but true! I got a trampy sister that wouldn't quit stalkin' a certain man in a loin cloth. Cain't tell ya how many times them insecurity folks had ta tell her ta leave poor Scarzan alone. But did she listen? 'Course not!

ORDDU: Something tells me you're off your medication yet again, sister. I never stalked Tarzan! If anything he was the one who stalked me--much to my pleasure, I might add...

ORGOCH: In a bat's butt!!!

•   
    • Minion

Sadly I am sure that just about every character has at least one story about an incident in which a guest said or did something inappropriate to them.

• Artistic integrity

My question would be - is it a "thing" for Disney characters? Some people love them that much?? Or is it the person playing the character?

And if it's the person .. then my suggestion is go to a club or e-harmony. There are better (less creepy) ways to connect with people.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Loving all things Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    My question would be - is it a "thing" for Disney characters? Some people love them that much?? Or is it the person playing the character?

And if it's the person .. then my suggestion is go to a club or e-harmony. There are better (less creepy) ways to connect with people.

Hahaha! This is true!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    I would say there are both types.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

There was a teenage girl who frequently stalked one of the Peter Pans. She even posted a few videos on you tube of her following him around with a camera. Pretty creepy in my opinion.

More importantly, how many guests have been stalked by Disney characters?!

Yea I saw That video, she really didnt do anything wrong, it just seemed very odd that she was rite up on him where ever he want , it even seemed like peter was a lil bothered by it, but stayed in character and remained a professional and if I recall even slipt, and just before he went to the back he made a small comment " I'm sure I'll see you later on to" way funny if u ask me

• Minion

well, how many of our members here have friends that are characters or other CMs? And how did they meet?? Personally I consider all of the CMs I have met to be friendly, but unless they seek me out for more of a friendship then just casual conversation at their work (be it store or park). For instance most of the CMs at the former Alderwood store are ones I was actually legit friends with where as the ones at the other locations are just friendly with me. (I got out to dinner, movies, etc with many of that crew).
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    More importantly, how many guests have been stalked by Disney characters?!
    This Cruella Deville is often kidding me and will not let me walk by without my taking pictures for the Fashion Papers. She will have line of people waiting to meet her, but will stop and call me over and embarrass me. When she is friends with the Evil Queen it is different and we just acknowledge each other.

Here is a video of her doing her thing and telling me to not run away from her..... Great Fun.

Cruella Video:
    Why Cruella loves Rapunzel.... - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    well, how many of our members here have friends that are characters or other CMs? And how did they meet?? Personally I consider all of the CMs I have met to be friendly, but unless they seek me out for more of a friendship then just casual conversation at their work (be it store or park). For instance most of the CMs at the former Alderwood store are ones I was actually legit friends with where as the ones at the other locations are just friendly with me. (I got out to dinner, movies, etc with many of that crew).
    Although there are a few CMs I know by name (because of their helpfulness, etc.), the only CM I actually call a friend I knew before he started working at DL. In fact, I first met him at my job, and ended up showing him and his ex (who first introduced us) "behind the scenes" where I worked.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast