• #bringevilback

AP Extra Hours Event

I got to M&F structure about 7:50 and there was a bit of a line to get in, nothing too bad, but the line to actually get to the parking level was crazy! I was directed up to level 5/6 and the ramp was about 3/4 full and stop and inch along. I lucked out as they opened level 5 one car in front of me, saving me likely 20 minutes to park! This was not a good sign...it was going to be CROWDED! Next bad sign, the tram loading zone about 2.5 trams deep... The bag check was surprisingly quick but the line to check in was massive, so I decided to head into DL and get my wristband on the way out, if the line wasn't still crazy.

I decided to head over to BTMRR for a night ride and it was a 90 minute wait! As I have trouble with stairs I was directed to the exit for a return slip, and the wheelchair and DAS card return lines were out of control! It was about 30-45 minute wait once you got into the return line. I decided to come back 40 minutes before my return time and was glad I did...I waited about 50 minutes in the line, on top of waiting for the return time, and the line only got longer as it got closer to closing. However, it was awesome at night and it didn't seem slow like it did first thing in the morning last week!

I left DL around 10 and there was minimal line for wrist bands so I got mine and entered DCA. It wasn't packed, but it wasn't empty either. ToT had a posted time of 30, RSR was at 40 and CS was 10, which is where I headed! The bay had green fountains going and Mickey's Wheel of Death and CS were lit up green...it was very festive! I would have LOVED to seen Cadillac Range green as well as Carthay but it was still fun. After CS I went to RSR and got on, only to have the ride break down, just before the alternate loading zone car merges into the regular loading zone. We sat for a few minutes and then they shut it down so we got walked off. It was only my second time getting walked off a ride and both times have been basically in the loading zone....is it too much to ask for a REAL walk of???

it was about 1130 so I decided to hit TOT on the way out if the line wasn't too long and it wasn't bad from the outside but the boiler room was full! Luckily there was a single seat on the next elevator once I got near the front so I saved a few elevators worth of wait.

Tram loading zones were busy but only about 1.5 deep, so not too bad! Unfortunately my trip ended on a bad/sad note as I saw a young woman with a maybe 9 month old by the emergency button with what appeared to be a bloody nose so I grabbed some napkins from my car...apparently it wasn't just a bloody nose but rather a $&)@$ boyfriend that hit her! I was surprised how slow security was to actually get there...

Anyway, overall good trip, although I got home much later than I planned.

• #bringevilback

Re: AP Extra Hours Event

The line to park...
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  85.6 KB

The line for wristbands

Mike was out!!!

It's not easy being GREEN
    Attached Images Attached Images    

• #bringevilback

Ok, not sure why only the first picture embedded and the others are attachments...

another though, they could have had Tink and Maleficient out, two other green characters!!!

We got there probably right before you. We got parked on the top and it wasn't too long of a wait. I usually don't choose the structure but I was not driving!

We waited the posted 75 minute wait for thunder mountain. Very fun ride, I hadn't been on it since maybe 10+ years ago. We got our wristbands prior to this and the line wasn't too bad. After riding we headed to DCA and by then the line to get wristbands was looped all around the esplanade!

We rode TOT, CS, toy story, maters, and called it a night. I'll try to attach a photo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2b1ywfnhwp...%2006%20PM.jpg

I wish I was able to go look so nice seeing all the attractions in that pic green

• Minion

Again, where are these things announced?

I guess I'm just always going to miss out. It's not listed on the Facebook Disneyland Annual Passholder page and I joined some of their Twitter feeds but ... nothing.

I happened to be there in the evening and overheard other APers talking about how they hadn't heard anything either as I was leaving at 9. That's how I found out about it.

• Foolish Mortal

Great TR Cassie.

I'm also an AP and used to get emails announcing such events, but haven't received any for the past few AP events. I don't recall changing any of my settings on the DL AP site.

This event was only announced to those who have APs expiring between March-April sometime, I don't know the exact dates. We were allowed 5 guests

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky634 View Post
    This event was only announced to those who have APs expiring between March-April sometime, I don't know the exact dates. We were allowed 5 guests
    It was actually for those expiring March-June, I think...three months. I got a flyer in the mail (despite mine not expiring until Sept) about it but it was also posted on the AP Facebook page. Registration was limited to one week and closed about a week before the event. Supposedly they will be doing an event like this each quarter so those with soon expiring passes get a bit go magic so they'll renew...with conveniently located kiosks inside the park during the event for you to do it!

this was the first time I went to an AP Extra Hours Event. I admit that I made an error in not getting my wrist band earlier in the afternoon, I didn't want to have it on all afternoon and evening.

when I got in line, the end was at the left side of the CA entrance and went clockwise around the plaza in front of the security stations on the Downtown Disney side, in front of the entrance to Disneyland, back to the ticket booths on the bus loading side, then straight toward the guest relations outside of CA. when I got back to the mid-point of the plaza on the bus side, the end had extended across the CA entrance and back to the Disneyland entrance.

so at one point the line went at least one and one-quarter around the plaza, plus the waiting queues in front of both sets of ticket booths on the bus side and additional switchbacks added in front of the restrooms outside of CA. it took me about an hour to get my wrist band.

is that typical for an after-hours event?