Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Re: Subs in Shareholder Meeting

I just listened to the replay of the meeting and I have to tell you, some of the folks asking questions sounded like St Patrick's day was still going.....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Well, we can finally put the rumor to rest as we now have confirmation from "somewhere up high". Really glad that the subs are here to stay.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Done with MC.

Yay, so happy to hear this!
    Sorry naysayers.

• Artistic integrity

As if ... we needed Bob Iger to confirm the subs were staying. Like the construction walls, scaffolding, etc, all wasn't enough.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    As if ... we needed Bob Iger to confirm the subs were staying. Like the construction walls, scaffolding, etc, all wasn't enough.
    Sadly it wasn't for some. So I thought I'd post the words of the head of the company himself.

Of course, that isn't to say that someday it won't go away. Eventually even Space Mountain will get replaced. However, as far as this refurb is concerned, it's coming back.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Bob Iger just addressed a question about the Subs being repurposed for a Marvel or something attraction.

His response was that the ride is so unique and unique to Disneyland and was created by Walt and that it is an important part of the parks and it isn't going anywhere.

He also did say they are looking into options for bringing Star Wars
    and Marvel into the parks, hinted at the 60th vaguely, but stuck to his guns on the subs staying.
    This was my thought all along. Adding more Star Wars to TL does not = removing the Subs (and even the Autopia). More SW can be added by new scenes/film for Star Tours, replacement for captain EO, a new show for the Jedi Academy, renaming TL Terrace to TL Cantina and turning it into a SW characters dining w/ the band, (Figrin D'an and the Modal Node), Star Wars-ish facade, and relocate the Astro Orbitor back onto the platform, using the Hong Kong version or similar, and paint the planets to match the planets found in Star Wars.

Why remove a franchise ride with another when you can still have both to make money? Finding Dory is coming out. The Submarine Voyage will promote the movie. Even Star Tours alone can make money if you promote it with the new movie. Like a commercial saying "Come see Star Wars 7 at Downtown Disney and ride Star Tours at Disneyland". There , so simple, and 3 hrs long line for Star Tours after the guests have seen the movie 3 times that day.lol
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    relocate the Astro Orbitor back onto the platform, using the Hong Kong version or similar, and paint the planets to match the planets found in Star Wars.
    How about putting the Rocket Jets back in their proper location on the platform and designing the vehicles to look like
    X-Wing fighters?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    How about putting the Rocket Jets back in their proper location on the platform and designing the vehicles to look like
    X-Wing fighters
    ?
    It might be too much for Disneyland fans that don't like Star Wars. I was thinking the 'rockets' would be Star Wars-ish, so it would look like it could be from the Star Wars universe but not anything specific, like X-wing, TIE Fighter, Naboo Starfighter etc.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Special Agent

Of course, that isn't to say that someday it won't go away.
    Did he happen to mention how long they would be back for?

• Iron-Clad Allie

No substitute for the subs. Although Iger affirmed that he plans to keep them for a good long time, I seem to detect a note of sentimentality from Bob over the subs in and of themselves. The head cheese's stock just went up 20 fold in my book! Reexpressed, he "shared" with the investers at the meeting that when it comes toi the subs, Mickey's gonna "hold-'er".
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Did he happen to mention how long they would be back for?
    There really isn't. I actually was, uh, very much behind and very much in favor of bringing that attraction back.

[...]removed his talk of history of previous refurb dates[...]

Because it is such an iconic Disneyland attraction, because we are so proud of the iconic attraction that we created back in 2006 or 2007 we believe that is in its rightful place open and actually there for guests to enjoy young and old.
    There's no plans.
    We are looking at opportunities to bring Marvel into our parks and we are looking at opportunities to increase the presence of Star Wars in our parks as you'd expect since there is already Star Wars present at Disneyland. And there's more ahead for Disneyland

Also Disneyland in 2015 celebrates its 60th anniversary which we're very excited about and there will be a whole new menu of activity available to commemorate the diamond anniversary.
    He did not hint at how long they were staying, but as I said above and in other threads, at some point, of course the subs are going to go. Even Space Mountain and Thunder will eventually go. If you listen to him speaking about it (the replay is online for easy listening at your leisure) you can hear the forcefulness in his voice when he tells the questioner that there are no plans to remove the subs and he makes it sound like they mean any time soon. So, based on what he said, and his inflection and reactions during his response, I think the subs are going to be around for a plurality of years at least.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Donald's #1 Fan

Bob Iger just addressed a question about the Subs being repurposed for a Marvel or something attraction.

His response was that the ride is so unique and unique to Disneyland and was created by Walt and that it is an important part of the parks and it isn't going anywhere.

He also did say they are looking into options for bringing Star Wars and Marvel into the parks, hinted at the 60th vaguely, but stuck to his guns on the subs staying.

So... where are all the people who said the subs were done? Miceage included. I'm so glad they were wrong!!! The subs rock!!!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    So... where are all the people who said the subs were done? Miceage included. I'm so glad they were wrong!!! The subs rock!!!
    Curious to see how the next article will address this rather pointed statement from Disney.

"They decided upon further reflection to keep it for now, but it's ultimate fate is sealed." is my bet.

• Not the Hawkguy

Disney is really putting in a lot of work to make it seem like the subs aren't going away!

/sarcasm

don't care for the ride itself as it is now, but love the lagoon and appearance of it all so much that I'm glad it's not going anywhere.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast