Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Subs in Shareholder Meeting

Those who argued so deeply that the subs were going and no chance at all they were staying, are seemingly very quiet in this thread.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    Those who argued so deeply that the subs were going and no chance at all they were staying, are seemingly very quiet in this thread.
    The misunderstanding of what people were saying is clear with posts like these. I suggest you go back and re-read the posts if you think what you summarized is what was being discussed.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The misunderstanding of what people were saying is clear with posts like these. I suggest you go back and re-read the posts if you think what you summarized is what was being discussed.
    All I read was people arguing over closing or not closing. No clue what you read though.

• Pilot EdForceOne

All I read was people arguing over closing or not closing. No clue what you read though.
    So you saw it - but didn't understand it. Consider that before you try to judge.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• the rum is always gone

Looks like MiceChat was wrong in the end about the subs closing.

• Indiana Scott

Quote Originally Posted by notlemc View Post
    Looks like MiceChat was wrong in the end about the subs closing.
    Exactly and I am disappointed that MC presented what was only a rumor as fact.

• The doctor is in

This still won't stop people from pushing the rumors of the subs going, but thanks for the info. It might stop some people.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    So you saw it - but didn't understand it. Consider that before you try to judge.
    Feel free to explain what wasn't understood. I read more then one post over and over about how they were closing, and this or that, and it was pretty clear some were very adamant they were closing.
    Last edited by jsmith11618; 03-19-2014 at 07:27 AM.

So much for the Rocket Rod conspiracy (just because the signs say it's coming back it might not...womp womp). I'm neutral on the subs. I really, really don't like the ride itself but I do love the aesthetic of the lagoon and the ambiance it brings to the surrounding area. Oh well, I guess I'll have to hold out hope for tearing out Autopia for something cool down the line.

• I'm not really here

Feel free to explain what wasn't understood. I read more then one post over and over about how they were closing, and this or that, and it was pretty clear some were very adamant they were closing.
    To sum up, people were saying they were not closed for a refurb, but just to save money.
    Some of those thought it would reopen, others thought that it would not reopen pending a decision on a Star Wars expansion for the area (another rumor that really didn't make much sense at all when you looked at it). Kind of a "well, we're looking in to do a Star Wars land here, so we might as well close the subs now while we think about then, whether we do it or not, we've saved some money by not having them open while we've thought about it."

But yes, in the end, some thought it was going away, it's just they take issue with being painted that way without the subtleties of the possibility of a Star Wars project greenlight being mentioned.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Okay, I did this in one of the other dozens of sub threads a while back, but I feel it necessary to do it again. Briefly, a summary of the Miceage reports from the last year and and half regarding the subs:

Disney really wants to do something with Tomorrowland, if they approve those plans... The subs could close down forever. Disney's operations budget has been horrifically drained by the disaster in Florida, so they are looking to save money wherever they possibly can. The subs are closing down, and if they can ever get out from MyMagic+, forever. They still want to do Star Wars, but there's no budget, MyMagic+'s fault. Disney still really wants to do something with Tomorrowland, specifically Star Wars related. The subs are closing down for refurbishment, but it could be a wait and switch tactic, as has happened in the past, many many times: Rocket Rods, America Sings, and Florida's 20,000 Leagues. If the budget for change is approved, the subs are gone. As previously reported, Disney really wants to change Tomorrowland, but with MyMagic killing the budget, The subs are closing down in 2014 and may or may not come back. If the budget is totally killed for change The subs are closing down in 2014 and coming back on 2015... or late 2014...for operations cost cutting, but they will close down forever in 2016... or maybe not depending on the budget after the 60th.

Miceage has not been wrong, the information has been changing. Everyone who wants to blast them on this seems to have their own agenda. Fine, whatever. If you don't believe them, that's fine. If you don't trust them, fine. I have to wonder though, then why are you here?

I'd also like to throw out there: Iger is only in charge for another year and half, really not that long guys.

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    I'd also like to throw out there: Iger is only in charge for another year and half, really not that long guys.
    I was just gonna say that! His word is as good as his time with the Company
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    Okay, I did this in one of the other dozens of sub threads a while back, but I feel it necessary to do it again. Briefly, a summary of the Miceage reports from the last year and and half regarding the subs:

Disney really wants to do something with Tomorrowland, if they approve those plans... The subs could close down forever. Disney's operations budget has been horrifically drained by the disaster in Florida, so they are looking to save money wherever they possibly can. The subs are closing down, and if they can ever get out from MyMagic+, forever. They still want to do Star Wars, but there's no budget, MyMagic+'s fault. Disney still really wants to do something with Tomorrowland, specifically Star Wars related. The subs are closing down for refurbishment, but it could be a wait and switch tactic, as has happened in the past, many many times: Rocket Rods, America Sings, and Florida's 20,000 Leagues. If the budget for change is approved, the subs are gone. As previously reported, Disney really wants to change Tomorrowland, but with MyMagic killing the budget, The subs are closing down in 2014 and may or may not come back. If the budget is totally killed for change The subs are closing down in 2014 and coming back on 2015... or late 2014...for operations cost cutting, but they will close down forever in 2016... or maybe not depending on the budget after the 60th.

Miceage has not been wrong, the information has been changing. Everyone who wants to blast them on this seems to have their own agenda. Fine, whatever. If you don't believe them, that's fine. If you don't trust them, fine. I have to wonder though, then why are you here?

Ok, go listen to The Hub podcast;s latest episode, it talks about this whole thing. And I happen to agree with them when it comes to their being les then amused by the rumors that MC starts. Personally I have never believed a word from the MA updates to the point where I'm all "OMG its happening I can't wait" My only 2 sources for Insider news that I trust are the Disney Parks Blog... you know, where announcements are made, and Richard (aka Shaft, Tonto, etc) from MiceCast.

Hub #65: Everything is Cancelled | The Hub Podcast
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Thanks for the info, Mycroft.

Great, a Jar Jar Binks narrated undersea tour of Naboo
    He said that they were looking to bring Star Wars and Marvel to the parks - not specifically to the subs.

Quote Originally Posted by superlarz View Post
    Not a big fan on the ride... Really like the lagoon though, as well as seeing the subs going around the lagoon. Glad its staying. Hopefully they update enough things to make me want to at least go on it after the refurb
    Ditto, here. Also, I'm glad that they aren't spending money ripping out an attraction that, at least, provides entertainment for a large number of guests. That means that, when the time comes, they can budget more money on fixing areas of TL that basically lack anything fun and/or interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Did he happen to mention how long they would be back for?
    Well, he said that they aren't going anywhere, which seems to imply that there are specific plans to keep them in place, indefinitely. However, as others here have mentioned, the most concrete plans that exists right now, could quickly vaporize as soon as Iger steps down. So, if plans for a TL update (which has to happen eventually) aren't finalized before he is gone, the Subs (and Autopia, with them) may actually end up in Yesterland within a few years.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast