Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Subs in Shareholder Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

He said that they were looking to bring Star Wars and Marvel to the parks - not specifically to the subs.
    I know.....my bad for not including a after the

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Exactly and I am disappointed that MC presented what was only a rumor as fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by notlemc View Post
    Looks like MiceChat was wrong in the end about the subs closing.
    A few years ago they said Innoventions was being replaced by an Marvel E-ticket, Stark Expo, which would result in the Subs and Autopia closing. They were mostly wrong, it was just a Marvel Meet and Greet. Recently they said the Subs were closing for Star Wars ( I think it was Ewoks and Speedbikes). As of now they are wrong. My guess the Star Wars being added might be something on a small scale.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Meesa not be understanding you huma!
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    Okay, I did this in one of the other dozens of sub threads a while back, but I feel it necessary to do it again. Briefly, a summary of the Miceage reports from the last year and and half regarding the subs:

Disney really wants to do something with Tomorrowland, if they approve those plans... The subs could close down forever. Disney's operations budget has been horrifically drained by the disaster in Florida, so they are looking to save money wherever they possibly can. The subs are closing down, and if they can ever get out from MyMagic+, forever. They still want to do Star Wars, but there's no budget, MyMagic+'s fault. Disney still really wants to do something with Tomorrowland, specifically Star Wars related. The subs are closing down for refurbishment, but it could be a wait and switch tactic, as has happened in the past, many many times: Rocket Rods, America Sings, and Florida's 20,000 Leagues. If the budget for change is approved, the subs are gone. As previously reported, Disney really wants to change Tomorrowland, but with MyMagic killing the budget, The subs are closing down in 2014 and may or may not come back. If the budget is totally killed for change The subs are closing down in 2014 and coming back on 2015... or late 2014...for operations cost cutting, but they will close down forever in 2016... or maybe not depending on the budget after the 60th.

Miceage has not been wrong, the information has been changing. Everyone who wants to blast them on this seems to have their own agenda. Fine, whatever. If you don't believe them, that's fine. If you don't trust them, fine. I have to wonder though, then why are you here?

I'd also like to throw out there: Iger is only in charge for another year and half, really not that long guys.
    Miceage was specifically wrong by presenting rumors as fact, and then trying to sloppily backtrack when it became obvious that what they presented as fact was probably not true.

Besides, people are here because this is a Disney fan site, and we all love Disney. It's not a Miceage fan site. Miceage is only a part of Micechat as a whole.

I like the subs, but I think it is time for something new to take it's place.

I do hope that it is back running soon though. it does keep several hundred people out of the walkways.

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    Okay, I did this in one of the other dozens of sub threads a while back, but I feel it necessary to do it again. Briefly, a summary of the Miceage reports from the last year and and half regarding the subs:

Disney really wants to do something with Tomorrowland, if they approve those plans... The subs could close down forever. Disney's operations budget has been horrifically drained by the disaster in Florida, so they are looking to save money wherever they possibly can. The subs are closing down, and if they can ever get out from MyMagic+, forever. They still want to do Star Wars, but there's no budget, MyMagic+'s fault. Disney still really wants to do something with Tomorrowland, specifically Star Wars related. The subs are closing down for refurbishment, but it could be a wait and switch tactic, as has happened in the past, many many times: Rocket Rods, America Sings, and Florida's 20,000 Leagues. If the budget for change is approved, the subs are gone. As previously reported, Disney really wants to change Tomorrowland, but with MyMagic killing the budget, The subs are closing down in 2014 and may or may not come back. If the budget is totally killed for change The subs are closing down in 2014 and coming back on 2015... or late 2014...for operations cost cutting, but they will close down forever in 2016... or maybe not depending on the budget after the 60th.

Miceage has not been wrong, the information has been changing. Everyone who wants to blast them on this seems to have their own agenda. Fine, whatever. If you don't believe them, that's fine. If you don't trust them, fine. I have to wonder though, then why are you here?

I'd also like to throw out there: Iger is only in charge for another year and half, really not that long guys.
    Its ironic that the big cheese specifically states "There are no plans for the Subs to be removed" and people are convinced despite this that they are being ripped out as we speak. We can talk all about the few rides that havent come back after a refurbishment and try to compare it with this but the thing is, most rides DO come back after refurbishment. If MiceAge wrote that Pirates of the Caribbean is being removed after its next refurbishment, the folks who jump as high as MiceAge tells them to will believe it. Then when it opens, they'll probably still think that it will be removed but it "got pushed back due to the budget". Nothing can convince some people that the ride is staying.

If you dont like the Subs, thats fine. Dont ride it. I know plenty of people who dont like the ride and they can go on another ride. But its silly to cling onto a belief that is completely debunked. Sure, Iger will be gone soon, but that doesnt mean a thing. Maybe since he will be gone soon, ALL plans for bringing more Star Wars into the parks will be cancelled? Maybe the new guy in charge will want to go another route. Maybe he will want to take the subs out. Nobody knows. Dont try to pretend that you know a ride is going to be removed because what you read on the internet. As Aberham LIncoln once said "Dont believe everything you read on the internet"

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    As if ... we needed Bob Iger to confirm the subs were staying. Like the construction walls, scaffolding, etc, all wasn't enough.
    Actually, it wasn't enough. None of that was hard evidence one way or another. As I stated in another thread, without knowing what the construction workers were doing, we don't know if they were there to fix the subs or rip them out. Workers and scaffolding would be needed either way. At least this tells us Disney's true intentions. - Unless people think Iger may be fibbing.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Actually, it wasn't enough. None of that was hard evidence one way or another. As I stated in another thread, without knowing what the construction workers were doing, we don't know if they were there to fix the subs or rip them out. Workers and scaffolding would be needed either way. At least this tells us Disney's true intentions. - Unless people think Iger may be fibbing.

Exactly people like to say I told you so so quick but in reality none of us know it's all speculation. This is why we have topics on a forum to discus such things. It would be dumb for them to rip them out right before a milestone birthday in my opinion. And Iger's tenure is up soon so he isn't exactly lying is he? Although high up execs lying to the general public isn't too crazy of an idea is it? I am sure if there is any merit to any of the rumors we have heard or read they are all in a planning stage anyways. Who knows if it involves the sub attraction or area. But it is fun to speculate!

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Personally I think the workers and scaffolding told us a lot especially with the "Resurfacing Fall 2014" signs up all over the place.
    It would have been bad publicity to have signs up saying they were coming back while ripping apart the subs in basically plain
    view. If they were going to tear the Subs apart they probably would have done it in the caverns or back in the pen.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• I'm not really here

They probably wouldn't have ripped them apart at all, but brought in a crane, lifted them off the track and torn them apart backstage or off site.

The fact that they lined up the subs nice and neat in plain view in the lagoon and put walkways around them signified that they weren't moving them back to the pen any time soon to be removed, but needed easy and quick access all around them (repaint, resurface, inspect, clean). It was indicative of a refurb rather than a removal. Couple that with the blog publicly stating they were coming back and then the wall sign saying they were coming back and yeah... the picture that was painted was of refurb pretty clearly.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    Besides, people are here because this is a Disney fan site, and we all love Disney. It's not a Miceage fan site. Miceage is only a part of Micechat as a whole.
    You actually have it wrong. Micechat WAS founded as a discussion site to discuss what Miceage was covering. Miceage came first... Micechat was founded by fans of Al Lutz.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Namor's Undersea Adventure?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Yeah! Love the subs. If they don't tie it in to Finding Dory I wish they would paint the subs to their original names and colors as a tribute to the navy and have it about undersea exploration.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Ghost View Post
    Yeah! Love the subs. If they don't tie it in to Finding Dory I wish they would paint the subs to their original names and colors as a tribute to the navy and have it about undersea exploration.
    Are you referring the to Navy Gray of the 60's and the 70's or the dark yellow that they got in the 80's, as I think the scheme they have now looks pretty nice. Also I believe that the Nautilus (107) has never changed its name and then Explorer (607) and Neptune (707) both were names reused from the 80's but not for the same subs that once carried those names.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    Are you referring the to Navy Gray of the 60's and the 70's or the dark yellow that they got in the 80's, as I think the scheme they have now looks pretty nice. Also I believe that the Nautilus (107) has never changed its name and then Explorer (607) and Neptune (707) both were names reused from the 80's but not for the same subs that once carried those names.
    I miss Skipjack
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast