Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• I'm not really here

Re: Subs in Shareholder Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    But being explicit was never the style Lutz used... and the 'first generation' micechatters were always the first to rush to argue 'Lutz isn't a journalist' to argue the normal standards and ethics for reporting do not apply to him. They would always argue some sort of 'opinion' column or something. Now, you have those same defenders and people they have tapped writing the stuff.. so they continue that tradition of 'its a column, not a NYT piece..' type of thinking to defend the use of flair, emotion, and sensationalism to pump up the impact of things.. instead of just detailing the facts of things.

Miceage was never an objective news report.. and when we read it, we must keep that in mind before people take what they say verbatim.
    I do need to reword what I said... I don't mean it was any more factual, it just felt better thought out and presented... less sensationalist. Less drama inducing words. Yes, there was always some of that, but it seems to have ratched way up since others took over.

And yes, keeping in mind that this is a rumor article rather than an actual news report is definitely something that must be kept in the forefront when reading.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I just hope this doesn't mean Autopia is untouchable as well.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I do need to reword what I said... I don't mean it was any more factual, it just felt better thought out and presented... less sensationalist. Less drama inducing words. Yes, there was always some of that, but it seems to have ratched way up since others took over.
    We have people trying to copy the original writer's style.. so often the imitators don't do it as elegantly as the original (tho I often criticized Lutz's sensationalist style as well). Lutz did more of the 'casual drop' to make you do a double take.. where you casually reference a tidbit about something new while in mid-thought about something else. Or his never ending vile towards everything florida.. or the labels he would come up with, etc. All 'editorial' to add flavor to the articles and to try to introduce drama into the delivery to make it have more bite.

Of course I don't need to remind you about rumor vs reporting... but my comments were more about how you have the admirers of a writer doing the writing.. and they were very clear on their thoughts about the lack of necessity for Miceage to hold to journalistic standards back then. So the chances of it changing now because of the staff change? Not likely... we have the direct students running the ship now. They will do as they had learned from watching Lutz.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    we have the direct students running the ship now. They will do as they had learned from watching Lutz.
    I'm going to bring this full circle...
    They were but the learners, now they are the masters.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    I hope it does.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    I'm ok with Autopia being shorten but not taken out completely. I do wish for an upgrade/update for them.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    I'm ok with Autopia being shorten but not taken out completely. I do wish for an upgrade/update for them.
    I concur. I'd hate to see them take the Autopia out, but I do think it takes up to much space and is outdated. They need to convert it to electric and make a new smaller track for it, in fact I think there's enough room for them to do what they did in Hong Kong and "layer" the track so that there are a multitude of bridges and tunnels that not only save space by overlapping but also add visual interest to the overall ride experience.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

I'm glad it's not going anywhere. I don't really enjoy the ride a lot, but I like the visual aspect of it. Like many others.

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    I concur. I'd hate to see them take the Autopia out, but I do think it takes up to much space and is outdated. They need to convert it to electric and make a new smaller track for it, in fact I think there's enough room for them to do what they did in Hong Kong and "layer" the track so that there are a multitude of bridges and tunnels that not only save space by overlapping but also add visual interest to the overall ride experience.
    Agreed. Hong Kong's is very nice and would like to see that version here. HKDL's Autopia is sponsored by Honda and Disneyland has a 10 yrs deal started in 2005. Maybe they will renew and do an update/upgrade.
    Last edited by mondo; 03-22-2014 at 01:41 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    Agreed. Hong Kong's is very nice and would like to see that version here. HKDL's Autopia is sponsored by Honda and Disneyland has a 10 yrs deal started in 2005. Maybe they will renew and do an update/upgrade.
    I have a feeling that they might try and throw Disneyland into the mix if they are renewing the contract, besides, Honda is already at Innoventions and I'm not sure but do they still sponsor the fireworks?
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Hello Dolly.

I think Autopia has been a great ride but we need to leave it as a great memory. With it's huge real estate, even an update will just bring it back to driving a "futuristic" car. Unless they are able to think outside the box, it's time for it to go IMO. I would miss it deeply though I can't lie!

Hopefully, during this whole subs debate, the workers are just reinforcing it's building for whatever new they'll be putting above it

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678