Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Line Etiquette

• The doctor is in

Re: Line Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by katy621 View Post
    I've experienced this at Disneyland and recently, Magic Kingdom. A group from South America, while waiting in line for BTMRR, had their friends/relatives hold the line for them. There had to be about 15 total. It's annoying but I guess that's the norm while waiting.
    I was in line for the Matterhorn and there was one woman waiting in front of me for about 10min. After that she had her daughter and son meet up with her. Shortly after, I swear, about 12 more people joined their group when we were close to the end of the line. I said something to the CM because it pissed me off so much and he told me there weren't any rules prohibiting it. That single group essentially added an additional 5min to my wait that was not there when I hopped in line.

For rides like that I think they need to implement a rule stating if you don't enter the line with your full party and/or don't keep your party intact while in line, you don't get to re-enter the line or have people meet up with you. It's just plain rude, imo. Especially with large groups.
    For meet and greets, especially the Frozen one, I suppose it does make sense as long as the full party enters the line and then splits. That way people aren't surprised when more people enter your group near the end of the line.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    For meet and greets, especially the Frozen one, I suppose it does make sense as long as the full party enters the line and then splits. That way people aren't surprised when more people enter your group near the end of the line.
    No… for meet and greets it doesn’t matter if the whole party enters the line together or not because once they meet up again, the party all goes in together. It doesn’t matter if one parent is saving the spot and the other parent and the kids come and join later. It doesn’t add any time to the others waiting in line behind them. If the group decided to not go in all together, that would be a different story, but usually at a meet and greet, it is a parent saving the spot for the other parent and the kids, so it won’t affect anyone.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    No… for meet and greets it doesn’t matter if the whole party enters the line together or not because once they meet up again, the party all goes in together. It doesn’t matter if one parent is saving the spot and the other parent and the kids come and join later. It doesn’t add any time to the others waiting in line behind them. If the group decided to not go in all together, that would be a different story, but usually at a meet and greet, it is a parent saving the spot for the other parent and the kids, so it won’t affect anyone.
    Got a point there.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    I'm not sure I really get your point. Are you suggesting that every one person in front of me could be holding a place for additional people? That would be actually kinda funny to see on a hidden camera show.
    No, I am asserting that if every single person in a party had to wait X hours for an experience one or more members of that party may opt out altogether and possibly drag away those members who were ok with X hours. By allowing people a way around the wait, you encourage the wait to be longer.

Maybe I just don't pay much attention, but I can't say that there is a large amount of people, cutting past me, to meet other people in line. Even if it is 2-3 people cutting every ride I go on, it still does not make much of a difference.
    It's not just the people that cut right in front of you. Your wait time is affected by every single person who cut into that line before you.....even if they did so hours before you even got into the line.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Rock Star Minion

Fastpass is legalized cutting.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Fastpass is legalized cutting.
    Don't get me started
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

I think Disney is the only major theme park chain in the US to not have a rule against holding places in line. It is officially against the rules at all Six Flags, Cedar Fair, and Universal parks (not sure about SeaWorld/Busch), but in practice it is rarely enforced. I did see security pull a guy out of the line for The Mummy at USH last year while he was trying to catch up with his group. Interestingly, Hong Kong Disneyland does explicitly forbid saving places in line. I remember they had signs with a picture of the 7 dwarves standing patiently in line to remind people of the rule.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Don't get me started
    I know. But for now, Disney lets and encourages guests to use it. We can't do anything about it from our ivory towers.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

It's like people saving viewing spots for Fantasmic with unaccompanied blankets.

• Selfie Expert

Chiming in - if a parent is holding a place in line for their single child, they are not adding any wait. It is a single person holding a place for a single person. At least, that's the way I see it.

If it's a single parent holding the place for more than one child, or more than one person who will be taking time with the character in general, then that is in a sense "cutting". I can understand why this would happen with young children, but I also understand why others would have issue with it. My first example, though, I see no reason for anyone to be upset as it has no impact on their wait (and may make it better if it's avioding an otherwise crabby child to wait in line).

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

Fastpasses need to just go away. I don't care how, but it needs to happen. Really not on topic with what the thread was originally about, but whatever. Fastpass talk impulsed me to post this.

• Rock Star Minion

Kids have smaller bladders, too.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    I think Disney is the only major theme park chain in the US to not have a rule against holding places in line. It is officially against the rules at all Six Flags, Cedar Fair, and Universal parks (not sure about SeaWorld/Busch), but in practice it is rarely enforced. I did see security pull a guy out of the line for The Mummy at USH last year while he was trying to catch up with his group. Interestingly, Hong Kong Disneyland does explicitly forbid saving places in line. I remember they had signs with a picture of the 7 dwarves standing patiently in line to remind people of the rule.
    That would really stink if it was for a ride with a height requirement.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    except... a bigger party = a longer session with the character. A single person meeting the character goes faster than 4 people meeting a character.. because they will almost always do more poses, sign more, etc.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    except... a bigger party = a longer session with the character. A single person meeting the character goes faster than 4 people meeting a character.. because they will almost always do more poses, sign more, etc.
    Agreed on this - more people means more time with multiple pictures, autographs, conversations, etc, so having one person wait in place of multiple people will almost certainly increase the wait time for everyone behind them.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast