Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Line Etiquette

Line Etiquette

I have read that holding places in line is poor form but was wondering if that is always the case. In particular, my wife and I are taking my daughter to the park and the one thing she wants to do is meet Elsa. I am willing to wait in line for 3 hours if that is what she wants. The question is if it is okay for me to hold her place in line while she and my wife go to see other things and bring her into the line at the last moment? More of a line swap since I don't need to meet Else myself.

In one of the discussion on the Frozen meet and greet someone else mentioned that they did that and no one seemed to take issue.

Re: Line Etiquette

That seems to be standard protocol for the Frozen M&G. As long as you're not holding a spot for 30 people, you should be fine. (I've seen that at other parks. I'm looking at you, Legoland.)
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

• I'm not really here

I would say that's okay. It's the people that hold a spot for their 6 adult friends that are a problem. But for a child when the line is crazy ridiculous, totally understandable.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

That isn't a problem. Rule of thumb is you can hold for 1 party. For example, if you are holding for your wife and child/ren, great. But if you are holding for your family, and your brother's family and your cousin's family, nope. 1 person per family minimum.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I have no problem with saving places in line. The only problem is a group of 10+ make their way through the line, it's annoying, especially when they don't say "Excuse me." It's just plain rude. They do not have the common courtesy. The thing they can do is to join the rest of their party at a rendezvous point near the front of the line out of the way of the crowds.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

I agree with holding a spot for one of two kids but when one person holds a spot for a small army....(happened on my last trip and then the person who was holding the spot also tried to jump ahead in the line! That is a HUGE I-don't-think-so!)

• Rock Star Minion

Whether or not we think it is ok is no guarantee that someone in the line will not find it ok and make a big stink about it.

What you want to do is have support for your position in line from the guests immediately around you. You do this by having your whole party join the line, then after 5 minutes or so, have your wife and daughter excuse themselves. Everyone around you knows they were there. Even complete strangers will support you.
    Easy.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• The doctor is in

I personally hate when people do this, but technically there are no rules against it.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• i believe in faeries.

I don't see a problem with it, especially with the littles. children don't do so well in lines, and need to take a break to pee, etc. i agree with what people have mentioned, however... you standing in line, and then your child and/or wife joining is one thing, but to have your kid, wife, grandma, uncle tom, and auntie betsy's friend denise is another.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    You do this by having your whole party join the line, then after 5 minutes or so, have your wife and daughter excuse themselves. Everyone around you knows they were there. Even complete strangers will support you.
    Easy.
    Ding ding ding. This is a huge key. Being there in line initially.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Whether or not we think it is ok is no guarantee that someone in the line will not find it ok and make a big stink about it.

What you want to do is have support for your position in line from the guests immediately around you. You do this by having your whole party join the line, then after 5 minutes or so, have your wife and daughter excuse themselves. Everyone around you knows they were there. Even complete strangers will support you.
    Easy.

Great idea.

I really have no issue with people holding others places in line. It literally adds less then 5 minutes to my day.

• Indiana Scott

Disney seems to support line cutting - something we learned in kindergarten was wrong.

• Metro-Retro Historian

What's the difference between this and fastpasses?
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    This is referring to someone entering a standby line and then having the rest of the party meet up with them in line when they're nearing the end. Having a FP simply puts you and your entire party in a separate line that merges you into the standby near the end.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    One is virtual and one is real life. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/gue...ices/fastpass/

However with fastpasses, one can only have their place held in line for one ride at a time. In contrast, one can potentially have friends waiting in several lines and just run and join them at the front of the line.
    Last edited by calsig31; 03-20-2014 at 07:00 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast